Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2006, 09:45 PM   #136
dzneelvr
A Disney Dolly
Doesn't mind if her gnomes kick the bucket after a year!

Deadhedjen: to the best of my recollection, the beds are framed in and not movable. I can't say I've paid attention much to the space between the beds, but it doesn't seem quite wide enough for a standard size twin mat. But if it rolls up a bit on the sides, probably just as good. Keep in mind there's not alot of space around the other side of the bed that is next to the wall--make sure whoever is in that bed gets in and out from the end during the night
dzneelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 09:36 AM   #137
ChairborneRangr
Has never seen CoP
I've found the newer you are, the more planning that needs to be done

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhedjen
I have a question about the beds at ASMo...

Are they movable?

I am interested in knowing if an air mattress can fit in between the 2 double beds. If so, what size twin? full?

BEFORE THE FLAMES BEGIN.....
NO, I am not trying to put more in the room than Disney allows. We are a group of 11 and have 3 rooms reserved. We are watching the other couple's kids so they can have "date night" and in return, they will do the same for us another night.
Well.... it would be much easier to put all the kids in the same room until the parents come "home". They could all watch tv, play together, etc. The air mattress is for them to fall asleep on if it gets too late. Then the parents could lug the kiddos back to their own room when they get back.

And if the beds do not move, can I at least fit a twin mattress between the beds?

Thanks!

Jennifer.

The ASMo beds (as of last summer) were on standard frames, not pedestals. We moved the beds slighty to fit a frame/air mattress we bought from wall mart. Worked great. They cost $30 are almosat as good as a regular bed.
**** I saw CoP for the first time 4/12/05 2:43pm ****
Stephen's Ultimate Collection of Disney Links
ChairborneRangr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2006, 02:55 PM   #138
deadhedjen
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info on the beds. No one is going to be sleeping in them overnight...just until their parents get home from their date night. I guess sleeping bags would work just fine too...but I thought a single air mattress would actually be less bulky. I just wanted to know what my options were.....thanks Stephen!

Jennifer.

Me , DH , DS19 , DD17 , DD14 , and DD11

deadhedjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 07:07 PM   #139
ChairborneRangr
Has never seen CoP

People looking for pics can go to www[dot]suite[removethis]disney[dot]com

It is also linked on my links site www.disneylinks.net
Old 03-14-2006, 04:09 PM   #140
studentmom
DIS Veteran

Thank you for sharing those links, Chairborne Rangr! What a neat little 'links' page that is.
studentmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 05:29 PM   #141
ChairborneRangr
Has never seen CoP

glad you like it. Anyone is welcome to use it, or default it as a homepage.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:39 PM   #142
Passions71203
Not saying that old men are ugly...but old men with big clocks around their necks are ugly...
You guys would have to do more to scare me off

So would I have to call in advance to request a bed rail or should I just wait until we get there?
TIA

Erin
Passions71203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 07:48 AM   #143
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passions71203
So would I have to call in advance to request a bed rail or should I just wait until we get there?
TIA

Erin
I waited til I got in the room (late at night) and they brought it up pretty quickly. I don't think I remember to ask for it at check in.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:18 AM   #144
snickerharley
better be movin' along

?

My dbf and I are going to the world in september, we are currently booked for ASMo but I am thinking about changing to POFQ. Has anyone been to ASMO w/o children, how did you like it? We are thinking there will be too many children and we would like to enjoy some of our anniversary time w/o many children around. What do you think?

2006- All- Star Movies Resort
2005- POP 2004-Grand Californian DL
2003- Contemporary w/ Grandma
2002-Boardwalk Viilas 2001- Coronado 2000- Graduation Trip offsite
1999- Coronado other times between 1983-1998 but can't remember
snickerharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:46 PM   #145
bhsurfer
Goin' down to Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by snickerharley
My dbf and I are going to the world in september, we are currently booked for ASMo but I am thinking about changing to POFQ. Has anyone been to ASMO w/o children, how did you like it? We are thinking there will be too many children and we would like to enjoy some of our anniversary time w/o many children around. What do you think?
Hi everyone,
This is my first post here.
We stayed at ASMo with our two girls in July of 04 and it did not seem that there were too many children for comfort. However, we did not do too much more there than sleep.
We've been looking at pop but the girls want to go back to ASMo. We are planning to go just after June 11 butt everything there seems to be booked that week.
We did enjoy our stay in Dalmation world tho.
bhsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 11:30 AM   #146
webairs
Mouseketeer

First timer here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbeth
Thanks for the FAQ! I'm SOOOO excited; I just got my dates with the code even though it was sold-out. My TA is fantastic. She kept calling back. (Hi Susie!) I can't wait to take my little guy to this place with a 4 storey Buzz and Woody. Plus it's saving me a BUNDLE!

Can anyone tell me anything I "must do" while I'm there or any tricks or secrets about ASMo?

I've got to start packing!!

Beth

This is my first trip to Disney with husband and 4 children. Planning on getting a connecting room at ASMo sometime in September. I am just curious what code you are referring to. I have been spending hours reading these forums and checking out the WDW website and hear about these codes, but know absolutely nothing about it. If anyone can help me, I want to get the rooms at the best price I can. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
webairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 04:55 PM   #147
Nik's Mom
Karl Pilkington is a genius

We're thinking of trying out one of the All Stars for our next trip. The kids love the pictures of the All Star Movies, but I'm worried that there may be too many kids running around. Our ds is autistic and the hotel that we choose usually will have a nice place to relax. If there are too many kids running around, he may get hyped up with all of that. So, how bad is it? We're also thinking of getting 2 connecting rooms to allow for more space.

Proud Mom to 2 boys, and wife to a great husband!
Nik's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 05:30 PM   #148
MomOf2DisneyKids
Scrapbook mommy
Buttons.. if they aren't Mickey shaped, I can take them or leave them!
ooh, McDreamy !!!!
Kiefer Sutherland, anyone??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik's Mom
We're thinking of trying out one of the All Stars for our next trip. The kids love the pictures of the All Star Movies, but I'm worried that there may be too many kids running around. Our ds is autistic and the hotel that we choose usually will have a nice place to relax. .
I have a ds with PDD-NOS....we stayed at ASMovies last year and he loved it!!! We had absolutely no problems there, and being right there with Buzz and Woody was SO great!! HTH...and if you go there, hope you have a great time!!
Old 03-25-2006, 06:52 PM   #149
Nik's Mom
Karl Pilkington is a genius

That's good to know,MomOf2DisneyKids ! Thanks for sharing!

Proud Mom to 2 boys, and wife to a great husband!
Nik's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 12:02 AM   #150
lorrainesy
Mouseketeer

Thank you

I am so glad I found this thread!!!! In these 10 pages I have learned more about ASMo then I have in the last month since booking my trip. Thank you soooo much ChairborneRangr (and everyone else who posted of course ) your vast knowledge is just what an obsessive planner like myself is looking for .

I do still have a few questions that I am hoping someone can answer for me (as I said I am obsessive ).

1~ In the lines for the buses someone said there are no queue ropes…is that true? I thought I read on another thread that one of their improvements was that they added queue ropes.

2~ I am planning on getting SP for the HDDR and then staying for the camp fire and the movies under the stars. Is there transportation from FW back to AMSo after the campfire and movies?

3~ what is an e-ride night ticket?

4~ I will be vacationing in the off season so I am assuming that they will have one bus stop at all three All Stars. When they do this what order to they pickup in…is ASMo first or last? I’m just worried that if it is last them there will not be any seats left….standing for 20 mins on the bus is not a great way to start a long day at the park.

5~ How far of a walk is it to the McDonalds? And what hours are they open?

6~ Are there connecting rooms with both rooms having two double beds or is it all one room king bed and one room two double beds?

7~What is Grads night?

8~ Does anyone have any pictures of Mighty Ducks? My nephew is very excited about staying at this hotel and would love to see more pictures.

lorrainesy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: