Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2014, 10:50 AM   #1
CSchex
Mouseketeer

More choices opened up for free dining!

I checked the Disney website this morning for our trip dates Oct 30-Nov 4 and more resorts were available this morning for the free dining deal! We were booked into the Fort Wilderness Cabins, because we needed a room that would sleep 5. We are a party of 9, split between 2 rooms. We were able to change our booking this morning to the Port Orleans Riverside rooms that sleep 5. It saved us $780 and my sister's family $700. We used a pin code and I know everyone doesn't have a pin code, but under the regular offer on the website, the Art of Animation suites were available, as was the Beach Club and others that were not there yesterday.

Last edited by CSchex; 07-02-2014 at 02:16 PM.
CSchex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:54 AM   #2
hallie
DIS Veteran

Just got Animation suites with free dining!!!!! Was paying rack rate without free dining yesterday!!!

Last edited by hallie; 07-02-2014 at 11:43 AM.
hallie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2014, 11:21 AM   #3
lylone
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them

I saw more rooms opened up at CSR for Free Dining. We upgraded to a Waterview King view and it ended up being cheaper than our Standard King Room. Saved us some $$
Old 07-02-2014, 12:57 PM   #4
crusoe2
DIS Veteran

Are you saying you were able to get Riverside with free dining? We're going at Christmas and Riverside would have been my first choice but it wasn't offered with free dining. We booked CBR instead. And while we love CBR, I'm worried that it won't feel as Christmas-y. Being from the south, Riverside would have a more traditional Christmas feel for us. The Disney website still says Riverside is not available with that offer tho. I've been checking back everyday, just in case they add it, even tho I figured that was probably wishful thinking on my part. But if you were able to get it with free dining I won't give up hope.
Old 07-02-2014, 01:31 PM   #5
MaggiesMomNJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusoe2 View Post
Are you saying you were able to get Riverside with free dining? We're going at Christmas and Riverside would have been my first choice but it wasn't offered with free dining. We booked CBR instead. And while we love CBR, I'm worried that it won't feel as Christmas-y. Being from the south, Riverside would have a more traditional Christmas feel for us. The Disney website still says Riverside is not available with that offer tho. I've been checking back everyday, just in case they add it, even tho I figured that was probably wishful thinking on my part. But if you were able to get it with free dining I won't give up hope.
No POR is not part of FD..what about waiting for an RO?
Old 07-02-2014, 02:10 PM   #6
CSchex
Mouseketeer

Rec'd a pin code for Riverside

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusoe2 View Post
We received a pin code and were able to book POR Riverside w/ free dining. But there were other resorts that were available without the pin code. I would think all the resorts were decorated beautifully for Christmas. Good luck!

Last edited by CSchex; 07-02-2014 at 02:26 PM.
CSchex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 02:23 PM   #7
DJWMom
Mouseketeer

yep, I randomly called this morning and booked POR with our pin, that I previously had no availability to book the last couple times I tried.

March 2001 - Off site
Sept 2013 - AoA
Sept 2014 - POR (thanks to some Pin code magic!)
DJWMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:16 PM   #8
crusoe2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSchex View Post
We received a pin code and were able to book POR Riverside w/ free dining. But there were other resorts that were available without the pin code. I would think all the resorts were decorated beautifully for Christmas. Good luck!

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying. I may give them a call and see if I have any pin codes available. I know in the past people have had some luck doing that even tho they'd not rec'd an email or snail mail offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggiesMomNJ View Post
No POR is not part of FD..what about waiting for an RO?
Yes, if a RO offer becomes available I'll definitely look into it. I'd sure hate to give up free dining tho. We figure the QS restaurants will be packed and have long waits for food and tables so we're planning to do more meals at table-service restaurants than we normally would. That makes free dining a BIG value for us so I doubt we'll give that up for the sake of staying at a particular resort. But hey, we'll be at Disney for Christmas and CSchex is right - all the resorts will be beautifully decorated. So I'm not gonna sweat it if we can't get Riverside.
Old 07-02-2014, 04:11 PM   #9
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

Omg, thank you for posting this, I got on and our dates of 10/26 to November 3rd are now showing Art of Animation. Was hoping for two rooms at Pop Century but this is still very good news for us.

I have been checking several times a day for two weeks and nothing was showing except a very expensive room at the CR ($10,000+ total) and a studio at SSR. We need two bathrooms and three beds so both were a no go.

Hoping I can get a AAA rate for our first three nights which are excluded from the fd offer.

Again OP thank you for posting, I had pretty much given up!

Amy&Dan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: