Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2004, 07:37 PM   #1
jennirella
Earning My Ears

Question? Where to stay night before cruise?

We are planning a cruise for the end of January. We wanted to fly in the night before. Does anyone know of any hotels near Port Canavral? Also, do any of the hotels provide shuttel service to the Port?
or
Can you stay in one of the All Star Hotels and get a Disney Cruise line bus to the Port? If anyone knows the anwer to these questions, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
jennirella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 07:54 PM   #2
bratray
Disney Planning Addict
My son was slimed at Nick Studios, but I have no proof since I left the camera in the hotel room!

hi

good question- i was wondering the same thing?......

we had thought of booking the Best Western Cocoa Beach- close to Cocoa Beach pier and the port- figured it couldn't cost more then $15 to take a cab to port- this hotel is also right on the ocean front- anyone been to this hotel?

Dave's disney cruise line site has lots of info that may help you in your lodging choices
http://www.dcltribute.com/lodging/

bratray is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2004, 08:07 PM   #3
aprilgail2
Ikea- Swedish for CRAP

I stay at the Raddisson and they have a free shuttle to port...its only minutes away and they havea great pool there!
Old 10-21-2004, 08:22 PM   #4
videogal1
Boogie Queen
Remember to pack the can opener

Re: Question? Where to stay night before cruise?

Quote:
Originally posted by jennirella
We are planning a cruise for the end of January. We wanted to fly in the night before. Does anyone know of any hotels near Port Canavral? Also, do any of the hotels provide shuttel service to the Port?
or
Can you stay in one of the All Star Hotels and get a Disney Cruise line bus to the Port? If anyone knows the anwer to these questions, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
You could stay at the Hyatt at the airport and take a Disney shuttle to the port the next morning ( the Hyatt has a special luggage round-up for the DCL port shuttle, too).

Or
You could fly into MCO, take a shuttle to WDW and stay at the All Stars and take a DCL shuttle from the closest pick-up point (Swan?) the next afternoon...

So many choices....
Inaugural 10-day Holiday Magic December '04
Inaugural Westward Repositioning cruise May '05
Service Dog Training cruise (HAL) November '04
BWI, BC, AKL, POP, POR, Poly, Sequoia (DLP) between '93 and 2003.

Last edited by videogal1; 10-21-2004 at 08:30 PM.
videogal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 08:27 PM   #5
DARWIN91
Mouseketeer

My first time I went on the DCL we stayed at the All Star but then took a cab over to the WDW Swan to get the bus transfer. The DCL bus does not pick up from the All Star's. Since I did not know any better that seemed the way to go. We got to the DCL about 1:30 pm. The last 3 times I cruise we rented a car from MCO drove to Port Canaveral and stayed at the Radisson. They do have a free shuttle but I have always used the rental car shuttle. If you are renting a car then when you drop that off you can use their shuttle as well - both hotel and rental car shuttle are free.
The advantage of staying in Port Canaveral is you can get on the ship as early as noon time. You have no control over when the bus gets you there. Also alot cheaper to get a rental car then do transfers.

Also the Ron Jon Resort seems to be the latest place to stay too for the night before.
DCL Magic 8/04-Western
DCL Magic 8/06 -Western
DARWIN91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 08:58 PM   #6
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious

DISboards Moderator

Best Western.

We just stayed at the Best Western in September. They still had some domage from the hurricanes, but almost everything was up and running. It certainly is not the best, but we found it more than enough for our family of 11. Great location, mini-mall across the street, and pharmacy.

By the way, they have a free shuttle service to the port. All you do is reserve your time when you check-in.

HTH

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: