Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 10:39 AM   #91
LATigger
Earning My Ears

cathy59 , I am so exactly thinking that too! I always overdo the parks and have painful feet by the time we leave from trying to fit it all in!! With the Jacuzzi in the Honeymoon Suite and the beautiful WL to explore and enjoy, I am wondering if we will even use up the 3-day PHPs that we have from a prior trip. Wouldn't THAT be funny?
Old 10-16-2004, 11:20 AM   #92
cathy59
Mouseketeer

We must have been separated at birth!

We have 3 days of PHP passes left, too, and I don't think we will use it up! Of course, we have MVMCP tickets, so that takes care of one day... I'm trying to get as much out of the way as possible during the POP part of our stay!

BTW, the Honeymoon suite with a jacuzzi?! How exciting!!! Congratulations and have a GREAT RELAXING time!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2004, 04:31 PM   #93
LATigger
Earning My Ears

Wow, we're TWINS! Thanks for the good wishes...so funny to think of ME, the military-assault type of WDW planner relaxing there! I promised DH and plan to prove his doubts wrong and win the bet!

Have a fun time. I here MNNSHP is cool!!!

Guilty for the joy I feel going w/o DS & DD! Slightly!
Old 10-16-2004, 04:33 PM   #94
LATigger
Earning My Ears

Oops, see now the you are NOT going to MNNSHP but MVMCP. My brain had a warp.
Old 10-16-2004, 07:14 PM   #95
hockey mom
Loves to do the Napkin Dance at Chef Mickeys!
That's what I call soaking up the atmosphere

Cathy59 and LATigger- you guys are going to love this resort. Make sure you do plan a down day here. I didn't have one this time and was so wishing I did. Both DH and I agreed next time we are spending all our time at the lodge(last trip was 4 days Pop), and having a couple of nothing days to really soak it all up.
Old 10-16-2004, 09:09 PM   #96
Mickey's Sister
DIS Veteran

Question Deluxe Room Question

Hi,

I have a question for any of you who have stayed in one of the deluxe rooms. For our trip next year, we planned to get 2 rooms (for me, my Dsis, her Dd, my Ds). Dsis & Dd like to go to bed much earlier than we do, so we have difficulty sharing a room. This was the one thing Dsis & I fought about growing up! Anyway, I was looking at the layout of the deluxe rooms & it looks like one of these might work for us. It would cost us less than 2 rooms, since we wanted at least Woodsview. Are the french doors that separate the 2 rooms enough to give privacy? ( My sister is a VERY light sleeper!) Is the sofa bed comfortable? We did the Fort Wilderness cabins one trip & the murphy bed was incredibly comfortable. Is there just the one closet? As always, any input would be greatly appreciated!

Jessica

"It's time to remember the magic!"

11/2000 - Chez Mickey; 4 - 5/2002 FW Cabins; 11/2003 Off-site; 11-12/2005 ASMU; 6/2009 Doubletree Suites DTD for SWW! ...but ALWAYS there in spirit!
Old 10-16-2004, 11:11 PM   #97
LATigger
Earning My Ears

Thanks hockey mom ! Loved the kind wishes for great 1st time at WL!

By the looks of it, you travel to WDW often. You really could build in down days. It'll be difficult since we rarely get to go...I am going to try hard to make the R & R and WL and DH the main things!. BUT...we rarely go so it is a fight for me to miss the park fun. After getting to the suite, I bet it will overtake me and make it easier.
Old 10-16-2004, 11:35 PM   #98
Pooh's Pal
Soon to be dancing with My Pal Pooh
Always searching for a better Disney deal!

Re: Deluxe Room Question

Quote:
Originally posted by Mickey's Sister
Hi,

I have a question for any of you who have stayed in one of the deluxe rooms. For our trip next year, we planned to get 2 rooms (for me, my Dsis, her Dd, my Ds). Dsis & Dd like to go to bed much earlier than we do, so we have difficulty sharing a room. This was the one thing Dsis & I fought about growing up! Anyway, I was looking at the layout of the deluxe rooms & it looks like one of these might work for us. It would cost us less than 2 rooms, since we wanted at least Woodsview. Are the French doors that separate the 2 rooms enough to give privacy? ( My sister is a VERY light sleeper!) Is the sofa bed comfortable? We did the Fort Wilderness cabins one trip & the Murphy bed was incredibly comfortable. Is there just the one closet? As always, any input would be greatly appreciated!

Jessica
Hi Mickey's Sister....I'm sure one of the WL Vets will have more information than I, but we are staying in one in December and will let you know how the sofa bed is..as I'll be the one sleeping on it! If you look above at my previous posts....you'll see some pictures of the outside of the rooms...(courtesy of MAGICinMYHEART)From what I understand they are all located at the end of the halls in the wing sections, facing the lake, I think. I'll try to take lots of pictures in Dec., then send them off to "Majestic" so he can add them to his photo gallery!
Keep looking at this thread often...it's just chock full of great information! (Pooh's Pal Stands-Bravo WL Vets..you do an AWESOME job!)
I've been biten by the Sunshine bug!! ºOº $$$ #493 & MWT!
Old 10-17-2004, 12:11 AM   #99
Mickey's Sister
DIS Veteran

Hi Pooh's Pal

I did see those pictures in your earlier posts. It looks just beautiful doesn't it? The WL Vets are the best, aren't they? I haven't stayed there yet myself, though I've seen it since we stayed at the Fort Wilderness cabins.

I can't wait to hear what you think of the rooms & the resort. We'll be there Next year about the same time (Nov 26 - Dec 6), so I'll be interested to hear all about your trip any tips etc. We've never done the holidays there. We went twice in early November for the Food & Wine Festival plus once in May - with record heat (UGH). But I'm so excited to finally be going for the holidays!

Enjoy your planning and preparations, that's really part of the fun.

Jessica

"It's time to remember the magic!"

11/2000 - Chez Mickey; 4 - 5/2002 FW Cabins; 11/2003 Off-site; 11-12/2005 ASMU; 6/2009 Doubletree Suites DTD for SWW! ...but ALWAYS there in spirit!
Old 10-17-2004, 01:20 PM   #100
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
Florida people eat Gators....THE CIRCLE OF LIFE.
I love to laugh!

Mickey's Sister

The following information and photo's of the Jr. Suite are located on Deb's Unofficial Web Site AllEarsNet

What are the Junior Suites? Sleep 6+one infant under the age of 3
The Junior Suites offer another alternative for families. They are approximately 500 square feet and offer 2 rooms; a living/kitchen room and a Large Bedroom with 2 beds. The Living Room Couch also opens into a bed. In addition to the couch, the Living Room has a TV, table, 2 chairs, wet bar and mini refrigerator.
There are French doors between the rooms. The advantage to the Junior suite is having a second room to talk or watch TV in while the kids sleep in the bedroom. Most of the suites are at the ends of the wing, overlooking the lake - remember that some of the balconies are privacy balconies. A few of the suites are in the small section facing the lake about half way out the wing and have a pool view.
Junior Suites have only one bathroom. Junior Suites have: hair dryer, coffee maker, *small* fridge, iron, and ironing board.
Jr. Suite Bedroom

Jr. Suite Couch

Jr. Suite Bathroom

I have stayed in several of the Jr. Suites before they built the Villas @ Wilderness Lodge. So it has been a few years, I never slept on the sofa bed so I can't give you an answer on that one...sorry.

Now for my opinion if I were you with your party size I would book a One-bedroom Villa. Rack Rate for Jr. Suite Vaule Season is $390.00...for a One-bedroom Villa Value Season rack rate is $380.00...

The one bedroom villa has 727 sq. ft with a full kitchen, plus a washer/dryer in the Villa thats 220+sq ft then the Jr Suite. The sofa bed is Queen size (not double) Sleep 4+ one infant under the age of 3
Livinging Room DinningRoom

Full Kitchen

Master Bath/Jacuzzi bathtub

Split bathroom with walk-in Shower

Master Bed-room with King size bed

Both are great and you will have a MAGICAL STAY in both

Last edited by MAGICinMYHEART; 10-17-2004 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-17-2004, 02:59 PM   #101
Rachael Q
DIS Veteran

Question about woodsview rooms

We (DH and myself) have a woodsview room booked for Jan 12-16th.

I have been reading this thread, the part 4 thread and the where did you stay thread. But I still have a couple more questions.

1. I understand all the rooms are the same sq ft, but which rooms have more "walk around" space? Rooms with 2 queens? with queen and bunk beds? King?

2. Are there any woodsview rooms that have a king and bath tub?

3. Are there any woodsview rooms with King that face the MK/Otterpond side?

Thanks for your help, we are so excited about the trip!
Old 10-18-2004, 09:40 PM   #102
Taratink
DIS Veteran

too small?

Just booked woodsview with hopes of bunkbeds. It will be myself, DH, DD3 and DS 5. Is this going to be too tight. My kids go to bed at 8:00 so we will bes stuck in our room. I hear people complain about the size of the rooms. Help me relax. I have heard so many complaints about the Poly lately and I do not like the decor of the CR. The GF is way to fancy for us so I really want to love the WL. We will be there first week of Feb 2005.
Tara
Old 10-19-2004, 04:19 AM   #103
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

We have been added to The WDW Resort FAQ and Information Threads it will now be easier to find our Wilerness Lodge FAQ Thread the WDW Resort FAQ and Information Thread is located at the top of page one of the Resort Forum so when looking for this thread just go there to find us.

Taratink

Hi, I just read the thread that I believe you are referring to where the OP said the bellman informed her that the only difference between Wilderness Lodge rooms and Pop Century rooms are the balconies...Thats just not true the Sq. Ft. for WL is 340 sq ft. and the Pop rooms are 260 sq. ft. the balconies aren't included in room size. I have stayed in both and know this for a fact...The rooms at WL are not as large as the Poly, CR, but these rooms were built 30 years ago when construction cost were much lower and the price per night at the AKL and WL are much less. I didn't post a reply on that thread because the OP said " I could'nt justify the cost/small room over just driving to the parks." I don't stay off property, if the OP wants to drive to the parks but get a larger room, then that is what is right for their family.

I have never felt that it was too tight, in a standard room at Wilderness Lodge, and I stay at both the Lodge and over at the Villas were the rooms are larger.

You and your family will have a MAGICAL STAY.

Beckie
Old 10-19-2004, 04:28 AM   #104
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Re: Question about woodsview rooms

Originally posted by Rachael Q
We (DH and myself) have a woodsview room booked for Jan 12-16th.
1. I understand all the rooms are the same sq ft, but which rooms have more "walk around" space? Rooms with 2 queens? with queen and bunk beds? King?
2. Are there any woodsview rooms that have a king and bath tub?
3. Are there any woodsview rooms with King that face the MK/Otterpond side?

If there will only be the two of you I would request a King Size bed, but ask when checking in to make sure the room they assign you isn't one of the barrier-free (handicap-accessible) I'm just not sure where each of these rooms are located but most are on the lower level.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:26 AM   #105
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

Re: too small?

Quote:
Originally posted by Taratink
Just booked woodsview with hopes of bunkbeds. It will be myself, DH, DD3 and DS 5. Is this going to be too tight. My kids go to bed at 8:00 so we will bes stuck in our room. I hear people complain about the size of the rooms. Help me relax. I have heard so many complaints about the Poly lately and I do not like the decor of the CR. The GF is way to fancy for us so I really want to love the WL. We will be there first week of Feb 2005.
Tara
Our family -- me, DH, DS 10, DS 9, and DD then 1 -- stayed at AKL for 9 nights this past February. The rooms are the same size as WL and we were fine. To be honest, the kids stayed up a bit later than normal and we were so tired by the end of the day that we went to bed with them! We had bunk beds and we had the pack 'n play set up for DD. I often read posts from people complaining about the small size of the rooms but we thought it was fine! I'd rather be in that one room at Disney than home, LOL!

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: