Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 11:47 PM   #76
Pooh's Pal
Soon to be dancing with My Pal Pooh
Always searching for a better Disney deal!

Hi All...getting very exicited about my stay at WL in 55 days!!! YIKES! And we are staying in a Deluxe/Jr.Suite (thanks to WDW CRO mess up!!!)
I was checking out your new WL home/thread and wanted to access the WL Map on page 1, but I wasn't allowed access to it? I was trying to figure out where the end of the wings are, that you describe the suites are on.
Could you chec it out for me Majestic? Wondering if it's me, my computer or if it's just not working correctly?
Thanks a million!
Debbi
I've been biten by the Sunshine bug!! šOš $$$ #493 & MWT!

Last edited by Pooh's Pal; 10-14-2004 at 09:29 AM.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:26 AM   #77
HughJackman'n'me
Ya Ya Sista
I wanna pat the "Bear's NOSE"!

I feel soooo....

Quote:
Originally posted by Lambert808
We are getting so excited about our upcoming trip I just can't stand it! This weekend I plan to wash the new shirts I got all of us, and start packing some of our items for our trip. You all have been so helpful! I am sure I will have a few more questions as we get ready to go - but for now, a HUGE THANK YOU goes out to all of you!
excited for you; just remember to come back and post all about your vaca!

(Besides, if I DO say so, we are the most informative, friendliest bunch on the 'DIS'....but that's JMHO!)
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2004, 11:21 AM   #78
Kimberle
WL Vet

Debbi,

Have a great trip! And please report back about your room. We're very interested in staying in a Deluxe on trip!

Thanks!
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level
Old 10-14-2004, 12:35 PM   #79
HughJackman'n'me
Ya Ya Sista
I wanna pat the "Bear's NOSE"!

Angry Drat!

When are those new discounts coming out???!?!?!?!?
Old 10-14-2004, 01:02 PM   #80
Coko
Earning My Ears

Re: Re: What a Magical Gathering after all....

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Majestic
[B]So there were definately a combination of factors that affected the overall outcome of your trip. I feel bad that you had these experiences as vacation time should be smooth and painless.

Thank you, Fred! I knew I was going to get warm feedback from everyone. I just did not like the fact that the rest of family member did not have a good impression about Disney anymore...
One employee was talking to my FIL that Disney was going down for over all customer service. To me, I still see many employees in WDW are still trying to make our "Wish Come True"! At store at WL, I was very late for meeting with my family and a cashier immediately senced that I was in hurry.... She told the person in front of me if she could ring me 1st since I was in a hurry!!!!
Because of her, I made it to MGM bus w/my family!!!! Many things we experienced were wonderful! I could not thank MGR@WL that she got me brand new rice cooker! It's not just reguler rice cooker. They went their beyound to get my kind of rice cooker (from local Asian market!!! I was very impressed!)
Daily Towle art was our #1 excitement. We showed off each room's Towle Art everyday. House Keeping did very great job! I would defnately want to go back to WL if my budget allow for my future trip! (We were able to get an employee discount this time....) Anyway, thank you for all of your advise. You guys rock!
Old 10-14-2004, 01:06 PM   #81
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

Well, I jumped in and made my reservations with Dreams Unlimited last night! Now if only a great AP discount would come out...

Thanks to all of you here for convincing me that WL is where I want to stay (it really didn't take much, lol).

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
Old 10-14-2004, 01:46 PM   #82
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
Florida people eat Gators....THE CIRCLE OF LIFE.
I love to laugh!

Originally posted by Pooh's Pal
I was checking out your new WL home/thread and wanted to access the WL Map on page 1, but I wasn't allowed access to it? I was trying to figure out where the end of the wings are, that you describe the suites are on. Could you chec it out for me Majestic? Wondering if it's me, my computer or if it's just not working correctly?

Debbi

Hi Debbi, not Majestic but I believe the link to the map is in my post...and the web site that the map was originaly posted on is down. I will hunt and try and find a new map so I can replace the information...the web site seems to be down all the time. Most of the Jr. Suites are located at the end of each wing North and South side of the Lodge.

The following photo is of the Jr. Suites on the North side of the Lodge from the outside, near the boat dock.

PS Try this link to a map of Wilderness Lodge:
Wilderness Lodge area Map

Last edited by MAGICinMYHEART; 10-14-2004 at 02:29 PM.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:14 PM   #83
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
Florida people eat Gators....THE CIRCLE OF LIFE.
I love to laugh!

Coko

I just read about the room mix-up on your stay, I'm so sorry they weren't able to assist you with your request, that's why we always say over and over that any room request is only that, a request and is never guaranteed.

Sounds like you took the Lemons and made Lemonade, I'm glad you still were able to enjoy your stay at the lodge.

Did they get your PS correct over at Chef Mickey's?

Beckie
Old 10-15-2004, 09:16 AM   #84
campinggal
DIS Veteran

Old 10-15-2004, 09:17 AM   #85
Disneyolic
DIS Veteran

That's great about the children's activities. We coming down for 1 night only (*sigh) and will probably arrive in the early afternoon. I just knew there would be fun things for my 2 boys (ages 3 & 5). I'm so excited...and this thread is making me even more so.

~DawnMaree
Old 10-15-2004, 03:39 PM   #86
dizcrazy
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone!

What a beautiful new home you have here!

Concierge question: How far in advance does WL concierge contact you? We stayed there before and I can't remember if it's 90 days, or 120 days, or . . .

Can anyone help?
Old 10-15-2004, 03:58 PM   #87
ValerieK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by dizcrazy
Hi Everyone!

What a beautiful new home you have here!

Concierge question: How far in advance does WL concierge contact you? We stayed there before and I can't remember if it's 90 days, or 120 days, or . . .

Can anyone help?
You may want to call or email them. They haven't been very good about returning emails and calls lately. I have found that if you email, then call to check up that they will get back to you. Someone in the IPO told my that they are very behind.
Old 10-15-2004, 08:56 PM   #88
Pooh's Pal
Soon to be dancing with My Pal Pooh
Always searching for a better Disney deal!

Quote:
Originally posted by MAGICinMYHEART
Originally posted by Pooh's Pal
I was checking out your new WL home/thread and wanted to access the WL Map on page 1, but I wasn't allowed access to it? I was trying to figure out where the end of the wings are, that you describe the suites are on. Could you chec it out for me Majestic? Wondering if it's me, my computer or if it's just not working correctly?

Debbi

Hi Debbi, not Majestic but I believe the link to the map is in my post...and the web site that the map was originaly posted on is down. I will hunt and try and find a new map so I can replace the information...the web site seems to be down all the time. Most of the Jr. Suites are located at the end of each wing North and South side of the Lodge.

The following photo is of the Jr. Suites on the North side of the Lodge from the outside, near the boat dock.

PS Try this link to a map of Wilderness Lodge:
Wilderness Lodge area Map
Thanks for the link to the map! I appreciate it! Looks like from the map and from your pictures.....all of the Junior suites face the lake, am I correct? Our reservation states "Woods View"...is there such a thing with Jr.Suites? Thanks again for all of your incredible information!
I've been biten by the Sunshine bug!! šOš $$$ #493 & MWT!
Old 10-16-2004, 07:58 AM   #89
hockey mom
Loves to do the Napkin Dance at Chef Mickeys!
That's what I call soaking up the atmosphere

I am hooked.

We just returned from 3 nights at WLV and all I can say is WOW

I love this place and now I understand the obsession. I have never felt so relaxed at a resort before and the view is something I could not get enough of. We are planning a return trip next Christmas and plan on spending all are time at the Lodge.
Old 10-16-2004, 10:06 AM   #90
cathy59
Mouseketeer

Hockey Mom, I am SO glad to hear that you had a relaxing time! That is exactly what I am hoping for on our next trip. We always leave WDW so exhausted, and I want to see if it is possible to have a trip to Disney that includes some relaxation!

Can't wait for our first trip to the Lodge!

:thewave:

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: