Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 10:05 PM   #16
Tig-girl
WL VET
If you wanna make God laugh, all you gotta do is tell him your plans....
Tag Toggler

Hey Fred.........what do you think my chances are of upgrading to concierge for the 3 days I was able to book at WL at rack rate? Do you think it's worth asking when I check in, or does the fact that they say they are "booked" mean I don't have a prayer? You know, first time I stayed at the lodge, I asked about upgrading to concierge at check in, and was not very savvy about what it really meant, and I passed up a fabulous deal. ARE YOU READY FOR THIS ONE??????? I could have had it for $30 a night extra! and I had such a good rate to begin with, that, well, it's one of those things that you just never get over! So anyway, think it's worth a shot?
2009-Jan. WL, Mar. SSR, Sept. Treehouse Villas, Nov. AKL!
2010-Jan. Kidani Village June. SSR , Sept. Grand Californian
2011 Jan. KV
, 2012 Jan-BWV, May- KV

Old 10-08-2004, 09:15 AM   #17
dpic
DIS Veteran

A new WL thread #5!. Let me remember 999ghosts who was so helpful to so many of us a couple of years ago. If you read this 999, you're still remembered as a great and helpful CM.

Thanks to Fred and Beckie for all your hard work, too.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2004, 10:10 AM   #18
Majestic
News at 11 with your anchorman Fred
WL VET
Father of the WL Memories Box

You can ask for the upgrade at checkin and if it is available, they will give it to you. Is it worth it? I would say yes but I love staying concierge. It will probably run you about $50 to $55 a night for the upgrade would be my guess. That's after taxes too I believe. Anyone recently upgrade to concierge want to confirm that???

Ask away if you have any other questions for concierge. I will do whatever I can to help.

What are your dates for WL again?

Fred

Quote:
Originally posted by Tig-girl
Hey Fred.........what do you think my chances are of upgrading to concierge for the 3 days I was able to book at WL at rack rate? Do you think it's worth asking when I check in, or does the fact that they say they are "booked" mean I don't have a prayer? You know, first time I stayed at the lodge, I asked about upgrading to concierge at check in, and was not very savvy about what it really meant, and I passed up a fabulous deal. ARE YOU READY FOR THIS ONE??????? I could have had it for $30 a night extra! and I had such a good rate to begin with, that, well, it's one of those things that you just never get over! So anyway, think it's worth a shot?
Old 10-08-2004, 10:15 AM   #19
Cleokitty
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if the rooms at WL have cedar in them? Cedar is one of my daughter's asthma triggers. I've called Guest Services at WL a few times but can't seem to get anyone who knows.

Thanks for any info.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:19 AM   #20
JBurke
WL VET

Just jumping onto our new WL home thread!

Keep up the good work.

WL 10/96
WL 10/01
WL 08/03
POR 07/10

Old 10-08-2004, 10:28 AM   #21
Majestic
WL VET

I don't recall any cedar but I can't be sure. Sorry couldn't help more.

Quote:
Originally posted by Cleokitty
Does anyone know if the rooms at WL have cedar in them? Cedar is one of my daughter's asthma triggers. I've called Guest Services at WL a few times but can't seem to get anyone who knows.

Thanks for any info.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:42 AM   #22
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
Florida people eat Gators....THE CIRCLE OF LIFE.
I love to laugh!

I'm just not sure about the cedar either, can't remember...I know some resorts have Cedar strips added to the closets and dresser drawers to protect cloths but I don't remember smelling the distinctive cedar smell while staying at the Lodge. This would be way to important to just say there isn't any...Maybe special needs could help you with the correct answer.

Hope your trip is MAGICAL
Old 10-08-2004, 10:59 AM   #23
Mickey's Sister
DIS Veteran

Great new thread!!! Thanks Fred & Beckie You're the best!

Jessica

"It's time to remember the magic!"

11/2000 - Chez Mickey; 4 - 5/2002 FW Cabins; 11/2003 Off-site; 11-12/2005 ASMU; 6/2009 Doubletree Suites DTD for SWW! ...but ALWAYS there in spirit!
Old 10-08-2004, 11:02 AM   #24
Tig-girl
WL VET
If you wanna make God laugh, all you gotta do is tell him your plans....
Tag Toggler

Fred- We are jumping over to WL for the 11th, 12th, and 13th of November. AKL from the 6th thru 10th. I'm hoping the move goes smoothly since I'll be elsewhere that day! But I figured I'd call that morning before leaving AKL and just ask to see what the cost would be. I've read so much about your concierge stays, and it just sounds so nice.............

Cedar? I don't recall any cedar smell in the rooms. My DS and I both have asthma, and didn't have any trouble, but then I don't know if cedar is a trigger for either of us. Sorry I can't be more help!
2009-Jan. WL, Mar. SSR, Sept. Treehouse Villas, Nov. AKL!
2010-Jan. Kidani Village June. SSR , Sept. Grand Californian
2011 Jan. KV
, 2012 Jan-BWV, May- KV

Old 10-08-2004, 11:42 AM   #25
Majestic
WL VET

Don't worry about the move. Guest services will take good care of you!! We've done it before and had no troubles at all.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tig-girl
I'm hoping the move goes smoothly since I'll be elsewhere that day! But I figured I'd call that morning before leaving AKL and just ask to see what the cost would be. I've read so much about your concierge stays, and it just sounds so nice.............
Old 10-08-2004, 12:14 PM   #26
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Mary Ann

Last month when we stayed at the Lodge I asked about the upgrade to concierge and was told $60.00 +tax a night..this was on a woods view. But I had booked two rooms with five children so I passed.

Opps: Let me add that the CM that was checking me in was in training and had his trainer watching every move so he might have been limited to his responce.
Old 10-08-2004, 12:56 PM   #27
Lindsyb
Earning My Ears

I am new to the boards and am planning a trip to WL last week of Jan/ first week of Feb and am looking forward to it. I am glad for a new thread because now I can start at the beginning!! I was trying to get through the last one but there were too many pages. Now I can subscribe to the new one. Thanks so much!
Old 10-08-2004, 01:03 PM   #28
ValerieK
DIS Veteran

Hi all

We are staying at WL in December, it will be out 2nd stay there. DH loves this resort.

I had the email for the IPO, but lost it. Can someone post it for me? I need to email them about some arrangements. I usually don't do too many PS's, but I saw the hours and figured I need to at least do some.

Thanks

Valerie
Old 10-08-2004, 02:36 PM   #29
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Originally posted by Lindsyb
I am new to the boards and am planning a trip to WL last week of Jan/ first week of Feb and am looking forward to it. I am glad for a new thread because now I can start at the beginning!! I was trying to get through the last one but there were too many pages. Now I can subscribe to the new one. Thanks so much!

Lindsyb

First WELCOME to the DIS and WELCOME to the WL FAQ Thread Just jump in and post any questions you may have.

ValerieK
I don't have the information you requested but I think Majestic does. (he should be around later)

PS: Just found this information from the other Thread Majestic posted this respnoce to a simular question Hope it helps...

Quote:
Originally posted by Majestic
We typically communicate via email when planning as it is much more convenient than doing things over the phone.
You can email WDW.WLodge.Itinerary.Planning@disney.com for Wilderness Lodge Itinerary Planning. Take note that the people that do the planning in advance do not actually work on the concierge floor at WL. They also plan for guests staying at the Polynesian in concierge.
Fred

Last edited by MAGICinMYHEART; 10-08-2004 at 02:45 PM.
Old 10-08-2004, 02:39 PM   #30
meuseman
Disney Parks Game Afficianado

We just returned last night from 4 glorious nights at the WL on the Concierge level. I must say that the staff was great, they assisted in any way possible and the food on the Concierge level was great!!

The e-mail is wdw.wlodge.itinerary.planning@disney.com

Hope this helps!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: