Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2004, 01:22 PM   #1
akline
Mouseketeer

Beach Club - concierge level?

Hello .. We just booked a last minute trip to WDW and I splurged on a room, concierge level at Disney's Beach Club Resort. The bonus of access to the Regatta Club and free food was too tempting. Does anyone know, aside from the continental breakfast, what else available, and when? I'm hoping we’ll save some money in the long run by taking advantage of this service. Thank you.
akline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 06:04 PM   #2
TammiMcMan
Hai Majide

I haven't stayed at the BC yet, but we are staying at the YC in December. I'll try to help you out with the offerings based on what I've seen at the other concierge lounges. Breakfast is actually a bit nicer than continental. The spread is much larger and there is cereal available. Normally, you'll see a light afternoon spread with snacks throughout the day. In the evening, they serve wine (beer is available upon request) and usually one or two hot items. They finish the evening with desserts and cordials to have alone or with your coffee. Other than breakfast, it's probably not enough to fill anyone up, but it makes for great snacking.

Tammi

TammiMcMan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2004, 06:40 PM   #3
akline
Mouseketeer

Thank you ... that sounds wonderful. I was thinking with what we will save on breakfast and snacking, it will almost make up for the price. Have a wonderful trip in December!
akline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 07:19 PM   #4
Anim8ed
Mouseketeer

My girlfriend and I stayed in the BC conceirge level and were able to save some money by enjoying the snacks that the conceirge offered. In the morning, there was an asortment of pastries, bagels, Krispy Kremes, and cereal. In the afternoon and evening, there were finger food types of snacks - celery and carrot sticks, PB&J, crackers, Goldfish, pretzels, etc.

The best paln we had was to get up early, get ready, stop by the lounge and have some cereal and fruit. We then would take some juice or coffee and a donut or piece of fruit to eat on the way to the parks. We're big cereal buffs and considering what hotels charge for a simple bowl of cereal, we saved a bunch. When returning from the parks, we'd stop by and grab a beverage or two and relax in the room.
Anim8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 07:28 PM   #5
cm1ab
Earning My Ears

Cool

We will also be staying for the first time BCL in Dec. I'm spoiled by the Poly CL so I have been watching for answers to the same questions. Another subject line recently had a trip description from someone who had just been there. They said there were different varieties of rolls, croissants, and bagels for breakfast, cold cereal, and, I believe, oatmeal. Different juices were also available. At noon, cookies, pretzels, chips, candy, and soft drinks. Late afternoon breads, dips, and a hot dish. On the first day they had shrimp and lobster croquettes and chicken fingers. On the second night, grilled salmon. On the third night, grilled pork. They always have PBJ for the kids as well as Mac and cheese. Evening is cordials and desserts of all kinds. It sounded more than sufficient to me. We figure we save money by not having to buy breakfast for the little ones that more or less goes to waste. I excited about trying something new. I hope you enjoy the trip.
cm1ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 07:34 PM   #6
GoofyJoofy
What's a Counterless Guy to do?
How about: PLAN ANOTHER TRIP!!!
It's pretty easy to amuse the Tag Fairy...

We were at BC CL just this Aug. There are 5 of us (me, DW, DD-13, DD-11, DS-10).

We enjoyed the breakfast. The kids usually had cereal (little Kellogg's boxes) and either a doughnut or bagel. They had different juices, coffee and milk. Also, english muffins, various pastries, fresh fuit, and breads. There was peanut butter, cream cheese, butter, and jelly for toppings.

Afternoon snacks were things like chips, salsa, pretzels, goldfish crackers.

Early evening they had macaroni and cheese every day and uncrustables (PB&J rounds without crust). My kids said it was good. DW enjoyed a spinach dip that was there every day. There was also veggies and dip, cheese and crackers. There was one hot dish per night. Some of what I saw was: tortelini in sauce with pork; peppers and onions with sausage and sliced beef; there was some kind of seafood one night. The drinks were white wine, red wine, sometimes a blush wine. Beer and soda is behind the counter, so you have to ask.

Late night, there was brownies, fruit, cookies, pastries. The cordials were Bailey's, Amaretto, Kaluha.

One night we had a late dinner PS, so we had our appetizer and first glass of wine in the lounge. It was nice, but since most of our dinners were earlier, we did not take advantage that much. Also, some of the restaurants had some really awesome appetizers, so it is a hard choice.

The planning staff that you work with prior to your vacation is wonderful. They helped us plan our itinerary. Got our PS (even the really hard ones). They worked with me to arrange some gifts in the room, gift to my visiting SIL who stayed at POP and a flower arrangement for DW to celebrate the 30th anniversary of our first date! They and the lounge staff who assisted us while we were there, are the reason we do concierge. The food is a nice addition.

Last edited by GoofyJoofy; 09-23-2004 at 07:40 PM.
GoofyJoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 07:52 PM   #7
ducklite
Take the Poly, it's fabulous!
Another Mama Melroses fan here!
I am SO in! And I don't care if my friends all think I'm a dork because of it

I stayed there in July. You will not make up the difference in cost with food savings. It's not a meal plan, the food is snacks, not full meals, except breakfast.

The BC was OK, although it really irks me to no end that they actually close the lounge during parts of the day. Even if there are no offerings, I like to have a place to go and read. I also do'nt like that it's only tables and chairs, not comfortable seating like you find at the PR, BWI, and AKL.

To each their own!

Anne
ducklite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 09:41 PM   #8
anita46
Mouseketeer

Ducklite,

I'm with you on keeping the lounge open. Just a place to sit and spread out the newspaper in the afternoon would be great.

I enjoy the lounge still... but liked it better before they remodeled it.

Oh well its still my favorite.
10 trips on-site Poly, Dixie Landings, GF from 1979 to 2000, 2000 - Portofino Bay/YC /BWI - March,2000 - BC - November,2001 - BC/Poly, 2002 - Disney Paris - June, 2003 - BC - October, 2004 - BC- POFQ, AKL- November, 2005 - YC - October, 2006 - BC - October, 2007 - BC - November, 2008 - BWI - April, 2008 - BC - October, 2009 - YC - Oct/Nov, 2010 - HGKDisney - Oct., 2010 - BC - Nov, 2011 - BC - Oct-Nov, 2012 - BWI - Oct-Nov, 2013

anita46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 05:40 AM   #9
john storey
Mouseketeer

We stayed at BC Concierge in May this year, actually we were upgraded to it much to our pleasant surprise. We booked in on the morning John Kerry was leaving & the hotel was swarming with security, so maybe they were short of regular rooms. Anyway the food & drinks were great, we really enjoyed a glass or 2 of wine in the evening before we went out, especially when you think what you pay for a large glass of wine in the hotel bars. The staff were great & managed to get us a reservation in California Grill when they were full, so that was a bonus. Hope you enjoy your stay.
john storey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: