Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > In Memoriam
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2004, 02:52 PM   #376
musical2
DIS Veteran

Lisa,

I haven't posted here very often over the years that I have been here, but I have always enjoyed Rich's posts of his beloved OKW. It is mine also. Each time I go to OKW I always think of some of his posts and think about how right he was about it. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Bart

Old 09-12-2004, 03:03 PM   #377
Tiggernut_jadie
I have never had any sort of 'butt rot'

I've only just read this news on the community board. I'm so very sorry to hear about Rich's death. I remember him well from the debate board - strangely we agreed 100% on religious topics .................and DISagreed 100% on politics. Still you could always rely on Rich for a totally honest opinion on anything!

Sending you and your daughter my sincerest condolences at this VERY sad time.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2004, 10:04 PM   #378
KellyDVC
Mouseketeer

I was so saddened to hear the news about Rich. My husband just told me last night. He has been doing most of the postings here the last couple of years, but I remember when we joined DVC back in 1999 Rich was so helpful, and always entertaining. Our condolences on your loss, and our prayers for you and your daughter.

Rania

Brian, Rania and Family WDW '72 '74 '77 '90 OKW , OKW 9/99, OKW 12/99, BWV 5/00, OKW 12/00, BWV 5/01, BWV 11/01, OKW 07/02, BCV 12/02, OKW 6/03, BWV 3/04, OKW 7/04, SSR 7/05, Swan/Dolphin 11/05, SSR 03/06, WLV 06/06 and more to come!!!!
Old 09-12-2004, 10:18 PM   #379
bounceytigger
Mouseketeer

Lisa--I did not have the honor of knowing your husband within the DIS Boards (I am too new to them.) But I am very saddened to hear of this news....it is apparent he was well-loved by many, and that he will be greatly, greatly missed by all.

My condolences go out to you and your daughter, and I hope you find a small bit of comfort in knowing he made such a tremendous, smiling impact on people.

Warm regards,
Sarah
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'December 04, 2004 7:00:00 AM CST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=fuchsia>First trip home to SSR! 2nd Family Vacation! </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Off playing with Mickey!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
Nov 2003 -- Port Orleans Riverside
(Dec 2004 -- Saratoga Springs Resort)
Old 09-13-2004, 12:21 AM   #380
catsrule
Mary Jo

Smile

Thanks for sharing the wonderful pictures, Lisa.:D
Old 09-13-2004, 05:43 PM   #381
MinnieGi
DVC/BWV & HHI

You and your family are in my prayers.

Rich will be sorely missed on these boards God bless you all.
8 Trips while growing up,11/94 Dixie Landings (honeymoon); 11/01 WL; 10/02 OKW; 2/03 AKL; 2/04 BWV/OKW; 2/05 AKL/BWV; 10/05 JW Marriott;1/06 WLV; 7/06 BWV; 2/07 - FW Cabins;08/07 HHI; 11/07 BWV/SSR, 06/08 - HHI, 11/08 - BWV, 06/09 - HHI, 06/10 - HHI; 12/10 Christmas at BLT; 06/11 Disney with the dance girls and DD dancing up Main St. in MK parade!!! 11/11 Thanksgiving in WDW!! 6/12 in HHI! Christmas in Disney 2013!; HHI - April 2014; and Coming UP: Thanksgiving Week 2014!
Old 09-13-2004, 09:18 PM   #382
MELSMICE
Hi Ho, Hi Ho, to Disney World we'll go. It'll be such fun for everyone, Hi Ho, Hi Ho!
Don't look now but the Tag Fairy is behind you!!!

Lisa - my condolences go out to you & your daughter. I will remember you in my prayers.

Melanie

DH & I DD24 DD21 DD21
Old 09-13-2004, 09:40 PM   #383
Partridge4ever
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I, like many others, can credit Rich and a few others on the DVC board for helping me make the decision to buy....at OKW of course! And I think of him every time we stay at BWV and trek those long halls.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:37 PM   #384
treloarf
DIS Veteran

I'll be praying for you & your family!

Been away from the boards, but must say richyams has answered so many of my DIS questions. Can I ask -- was it a health problem, auto accident. How could someone his age be gone with the Lord? What happened? I hate to be so nosey?
Old 09-14-2004, 05:56 AM   #385
MELSMICE
Hi Ho, Hi Ho, to Disney World we'll go. It'll be such fun for everyone, Hi Ho, Hi Ho!
Don't look now but the Tag Fairy is behind you!!!

Re: I'll be praying for you & your family!

Quote:
Originally posted by treloarf
Can I ask -- was it a health problem, auto accident. How could someone his age be gone with the Lord? What happened?
If you go back to page 21 of this thread his wife, Lisa, explains what happened.

DH & I DD24 DD21 DD21
Old 09-14-2004, 08:23 AM   #386
treloarf
DIS Veteran

thank you!

thanks
Old 09-14-2004, 09:38 AM   #387
tinkertraci
Mouseketeer

sad news

Lisa,

I have been a lurker since 2000. I stumbled across DIS when I was planning our first ever disney vacation.

Then I came across DVC chat room and from reading Rich's posts regarding how wonderful it is for a family to purchase and vacation using points we bought a resale at OKW (of course).

It was from reading his posts that he actually answered some of my questions. I would bring my husband to the computer and say, "well, Richyams says this or that." And then show him his posts.

I also enjoyed reading his comments on the debate board. I agreed with him on politics but not on religion. I remember him talking about homeschooling and how inadequate public school is.

What a man, what a legend...what a way with life!

God bless you and your living piece of him (your daughter).
Old 09-14-2004, 02:47 PM   #388
acepepper
Registered

I just heard about this and wished to pass on my condolences. I can't remember one single time on the debate board when I agreed with Rich, or when he agreed with me. But I can honestly say that I liked him, (as much as you can like anyone you've never met) and he nearly always made me laugh, even if it was sometimes with disbelief at some of the views he expressed. I'll miss him.
Old 09-16-2004, 03:56 PM   #389
chirona
Mouseketeer

I have been away for a little while I am so sorry to hear about Your lost. I as well as many others enjoyed reading his many post. I pray that in the cays a head you will gain comfort.

Regards
Old 09-16-2004, 04:12 PM   #390
sssteele
DIS Veteran

So sorry

You are in my thoughts. I have not been a DVC member for very long, and as a result not been on the forum for long as well. Rich was one of my favorites. I usually agreed with him, but even when I didn't I appreciated how forthright and honest he was. He surely will be missed. If there is anything we can do, don't hesitate to let it be known.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: