Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > In Memoriam
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2004, 10:00 PM   #286
KNWVIKING
Registered

Like many others, I noticed Rich had stopped posting here quite awhile ago. I just assumed he'd gotten bored with the boards,lost interest after having many of the same debates over & over again, answering the same questions over and over. Guess I was very wrong.

My favorite Richy'ism : "The glass at BWV is very clear". I may have to have a t-shirt made with that quote on it if I ever stay at BWV again. What I loved most about the statement was that many people never understood it.

Lisa, my prayers are with you and yours.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:01 PM   #287
leslieh
DIS Veteran

Sorry

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, our prayers will be with you and your family at this time of sorrow.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2004, 10:02 PM   #288
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

Rich's pointed remarks were a great way to hone an opposing view on many issues. But on the subject of OKW, there really IS no opposing view, right Rich? Only an amazing person could elicit in cyberspace so much regard. You must certainly be treasuring more than ever those OKW grand villa trips, Lisa. Thanks for posting at this traumatic time so that Rich's friends can mourn his passing.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:04 PM   #289
ceejay13
DIS Veteran

I too am truly sorry for your loss, Lisa. I have certainly missed his unique wisdom of late. The passion he had for OKW seemed to be the passion with which he lived his life. May God Bless you and your family.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:16 PM   #290
Mickey
Dis Veteran

I am sorry to hear about Rich. He was well respected for his beliefs he expressed. He will be missed!

God bless you and your family
Old 09-08-2004, 10:22 PM   #291
DisnutDave
DIS Semi-veteran

Deepest condolences for your loss. Rich will be missed.
Too many visits to list!!
Old 09-08-2004, 10:35 PM   #292
Matt's Nin
Earning My Ears

Lisa,

So sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Rich will be greatly missed on the boards.
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'October 24, 2004 8:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=fuchsia>Our Magical Gathering at BWV </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Havin\\\' fun with the mouse';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
Old 09-08-2004, 10:44 PM   #293
NancyDVC
DIS Veteran

Lisa,
I am so sorry for your loss. Rich will be truly missed here by so many of us. You and your daughter are in my prayers.

And "Yes, Rich if there is a heaven it is all OKW!"
Old 09-08-2004, 10:58 PM   #294
DVCPAT
DIS Veteran

My deepest sympathy to you and your family. I always looked forward to reading Richyams posts. He will be greatly missed.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:13 PM   #295
SueOKW
Go Tribe!!!

Rich was always right about OKW....

I am so sorry for your loss. He made the world a better place for many many people.

Sincerely,
Sue
Old 09-08-2004, 11:32 PM   #296
ZachnElli
Is it Spring yet?
Bad weather or not, you need more than 4 boxes

I'm so sorry for your loss. I will keep your family in my prayers.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:43 PM   #297
SamSam

DIS Veteran

I am so sorry for you and your daughter's loss. I hope the many memories you have will bring you some comfort in the months and years ahead.
Dh and I planned a short notice trip this past year and because of Richyams many glowing posts on OKW, we were very content when all we could get at short notice was OKW.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:01 AM   #298
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

We are so sorry to hear of your loss. Though we never met Rich we felt as if we knew him through his humorous tones here on the forums. He always provided wit where needed. He will be truly missed here on the DIS. May God provide you comfort in the coming days.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:08 AM   #299
MichelleB
DIS Veteran

Lisa, I too would like to let you know that you and your daughter are in my thoughts and prayers. I don't post often, but enjoyed reading Rich's posts. I had noticed he was absent from the boards and am so sorry to hear of his passing.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:11 AM   #300
dizneeluvr
Mystery Writer

Our deepest sympathies to you, Lisa, and your daughter.

Your husband was a special man...one who could put a smile on the faces of so many people and a laugh in their hearts at the same time (a gift that is truly invaluable).

Thank you Rich for the smiles and the laughs. You will be missed!

~mike and laura

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: