Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > In Memoriam
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2004, 11:35 AM   #181
Crissup
Upset CAK because she didn't get to hold it first
Haunted by Tag Fairy droppings

Unhappy

This is very sad news. I first encountered Rich on these boards back in 1998. Back before the threaded format of the boards. I used to look for posts from Rich and selectively pick them out to read because I knew they would either be very informative or very funny.

The first time I replied to one of his posts, I quoted one line from his post (proper netiquette from the early days of dial up BBS'ing, you only quote enough to remind people which post you are replying to). Rich thought I was selectively quoting to intentionally take his words out of context. Once I had replied and explained that I was using proper netiquette, all was well and we never had a problem again.

I always loved seeing Rich's replies. It was obvious that he was an extremely intelligent guy and also loved to yank people's chains and watch them react. LOL!! I would sit back and watch as Rich would poke at just the right places to stir the pot and I would sit in front of my computer chuckling like a crazy man.

I also remember when I was playing around with stocks. Rich had started posting some information on the DizBiz board about how and when to react. I learned quite a bit from him.

Rich will be sorely missed by myself and many others. I'm truly saddened by this loss.

Rest in Peace, Rich!!
Old 09-08-2004, 11:39 AM   #182
LIFERBABE
DVC MEMBER @ BCV BWV OKW SSR BLT AKV

What would Rich Say?

All too often we would come to an impasse on these boards arguing about something and WWRS would come to mind. He could really get some people going! LOL It may have not been what you wanted to hear, but he always jumped in with both feet!

I like the quote where he said "BWV units are so small, you can sit on the balcony and reach into the kitchen refrigerator for a beer without getting up!

Lisa, I had to catch my breath when I read your post. Condolences and prayers to your family.

Rich brought out the passion I so admired about all DVC members and I'll never forget his great advice to me regarding my becoming a member.

"Mama I want go see Mittey Mouse"
MAY 1998 Apopka/JUNE 2002 Highland Rsrv./JUNE 2003 Wind. PalmsMAY 2004 SSR DVC Member Homecoming/JUNE 2004 SOG & BCV 2B2Q/OCT 2004 BWV 1B & SSR H-Jeanne/ DEC 2004 VWL & SSR/MAY to JUNE 2005 MONTH VISIT TO BCV AND SSR/SEPT 05 DVC MEMBER CRUISE DCL Wonder/DEC 05 BCV & SSR/MAY-June 2006 SSR/Sept 2006 7 Day DCL Double Castaway Cay/Oct 2006 DVC Member Cruise 2006/Dec 2006-Jan 2007 Christmas @ BCV & NYE @ SSR/March 2007 Girls trip to BWV & SSR/June 2007 Family Reunion @ SSR/July 2007 First Trip to AKV Sav.View!/Oct 2007 BCV F&WF/Dec-Jan 2008 AKV Concierge and SSR/JUNE 08 BCV/SSR/AUG-SEP 08TOAL EB REPO/OCT 08 F&WF BCV concierge/DEC 08 SSR/AKV/HHI/JUNE 09 DCL/DEC 09 THV/.........
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2004, 11:39 AM   #183
sgtdisney
DIS Veteran

What very sad news.

Rich will be missed on these boards. I always enjoyed his witty comments and how he championed OKW, which is my home resort too. My deepest condolences go out to his family.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:47 AM   #184
donaldbuzz&minnie
Happy to be here!

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Please remember that you and your children still have a community of people here who care about you.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:49 AM   #185
ForTheLoveofDisney

The person everyone wants on their team when playing Disney Trivia.
The DIS=Group Therapy

I am very very sad today at hearing this news. Your DH will be missed.

My sympathies and prayers to you and your daughter.

April

Happily owning a Piece of the Magic since 2002
Disney: For those who “get it”, no explanation is necessary, and for those who don’t, no explanation will do.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:53 AM   #186
RweTHEREyet
What makes you think the Tag Fairy doesn't know you?? :D
Will get my Grapefruit Cake at Starring Rolls from now on!
I can't stand not having another trip booked!

When I first started reading this post, I thought it was a joke, that Ric was going to re-invent himself with another screen name. As I read it for the third time and then saw your name, Lisa, I realized it was not a joke, and I am so sorry to hear this news. I was not aware that he had not been well.

My deepest sympathies to you and your daughter.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:53 AM   #187
MicNut713
Mouseketeer

I am so sorry for your loss. God Bless you and your family at this difficult time.
2/01 FW Cabin
1/02 All Star
3/04 BWV
10/04 BWV
12/04 BWV
10/05 OKW
12/06 BWV
05/07 BWV
10/08 BWV
10/09 BWV
05/10 BWV
12/11 BWV
10/12 BWV
Old 09-08-2004, 12:00 PM   #188
Credit Man
Love the shark reef
Needs a map to grocery shop
Went on a life-changing cruise

Adding me sincere condolences on Rich's passing. He was one-of-a-kind and will be sorely missed.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:10 PM   #189
poj7
Mouseketeer

Rich always had something interesting to say. And while sometimes I may not have agreed with him, I always respected his passion for DVC and WDW. He made a huge impact on this discussion board and I will miss him.

Disney's Beach Club Villas
Disney's Vero Beach Resort
Marriott's Aruba Surf Club
Marriott's Frenchman's Cove, St. Thomas, USVI
Old 09-08-2004, 12:13 PM   #190
marymrg
DIS Veteran

Count me in as one of the closet Richyams fans.

My thoughts and prayers are with you at such a sad time. May your precious memories sustain you and bring you peace.

Mary and family
Old 09-08-2004, 12:18 PM   #191
joepoe
DVC BWV 98 OKW 02

Rest in Peace in one of theose BIG OKW villas in the sky, Rich.

Go Go White Sox
Old 09-08-2004, 12:19 PM   #192
princess&tig
Mouseketeer

So sad. God bless you and you have to believe that he went to a better kingdom in the sky. We all all join him someday in the better kingdom with unlimited points.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:23 PM   #193
anniet
DIS Veteran

Lisa I am so sorry for your loss.

Rich was a tremendous asset to this board.

FWIW he helped ease my mind about making ressies for an upcoming family gathering at OKW for next September, and I know it must have been difficult for him to think of someone else in a grand villa!

May you and your daughter find peace and comfort at this difficult time.

Rich will be sorely missed.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.. I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man"
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 09-08-2004, 12:27 PM   #194
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

I read this thread early this AM and am still stunned. I was thinking about him the other day, that we had not heard from him in a while. He will be missed. I can't believe that I am so sad for a man I never met, but then on these boards we really do share of ourselves and we do get to know one another.

So I can say that I will miss a friend that I never met, but knew pretty well. Bye Rich.

Bless you Lisa and your daughter. You are in our prayers.

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:38 PM   #195
WKUMAD
Earning My Ears

The boards will never be the same without Rich. I would have loved to have met him. Our sympathy to you Lisa and your daughter. What a loss for all or us.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: