Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2014, 12:23 PM   #1
missthatgator
Earning My Ears

New pricing structure for wishes wedding DP and passes

Hi, just getting started with this whole process; we're hoping for a dec 2015 wedding so it's too early to start working with a consultant and I have a couple questions which may make the difference between an escape or wishes wedding for us.

Does anyone know if dessert parties can still count toward food minimums under the new 2015 wishes price structure? I've heard conflicting reports on this, can anyone in the process of booking with the new minimums confirm?

Are room blocks mandatory? If so, has the minimum changed at all? What's the penalty for not reaching the min number of nights?

Are complimentary annual passes still included for the bride and groom? I know the escape package includes them, but it's not mentioned anywhere in the wishes info that I've seen.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give. I've spent so much time pouring through everyone else's posts I figured it's about time I write one of my own
missthatgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:37 PM   #2
elphie101
Left my heart in Tomorrowland

First things first, hi, welcome and congrats! Second things second, if you haven't already done so, do yourself a favor and get the Passporter's Guide to Disney Weddings and Honeymoons, I promise you it will save your life!

Now as far as I know, APs are still included. I'm about 95% positive DPs no longer count towards the food & beverage minimum for the day, since the whole minimum concept has totally changed. Room blocks are essentially mandatory, but according to the Disney Wedding Podcast (which is also fabulous!) brides have been able to get it waived if say, the majority of the guest list is from Central Florida. You're welcome to ask, but I would expect to have to do a room block.

DF Me
WDW: '91, '92, '94, '01, '06 (offsite)* 7/11 Pop* 8/11 AS Music* 9/11 AS Sports* 12/11 CBR* 6/12 Pop* (TR Here!) 11/12 AS Movies* 1/13 Pop* 9/13 Pop* 5/14 Pop* 10/14 BCV*
DL: '03 (day)* 4/13 Fairfield Inn Anaheim* DCL: 10/14 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean*

Star Command, over and out!*Hellllllooooooo Humans!*It's a great big BEAUTIFUL tomorrow!

Current TR: "That's not supposed to be HERE!" A Disneyland TR!***Our DFTW Planning Journal
elphie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2014, 02:04 PM   #3
purplegirl1818
Planning my DFTW!

Just wanted to second what Elphie said about buying the book. And also point you towards Carrie's (Lurkyloo aka the amazing woman who writes the book) podcast!

Here's the one that goes over the new changes: http://disneyweddingpodcast.com/2013...cture-changes/

Happy planning!

purplegirl1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:16 PM   #4
missthatgator
Earning My Ears

Cool, thanks for the suggestions, I'll probably buy the book when I get home from work tonight
Old 03-04-2014, 02:22 PM   #5
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplegirl1818 View Post
Just wanted to second what Elphie said about buying the book. And also point you towards Carrie's (Lurkyloo aka the amazing woman who writes the book) podcast!

Here's the one that goes over the new changes: http://disneyweddingpodcast.com/2013...cture-changes/

Happy planning!
Thanks!
Old 03-04-2014, 02:36 PM   #6
justlook3
Mouseketeer

The room block has been waived on a case by case basis. I had mine waived. But go in assuming it will not be waived and try to fill it first. If you cannot, talk to your planner and they may be able to help you.
Most recent trips: 2004 (3), 2005(2),2008
justlook3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:38 PM   #7
bigr3ddog
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by missthatgator View Post
Hi, just getting started with this whole process; we're hoping for a dec 2015 wedding so it's too early to start working with a consultant and I have a couple questions which may make the difference between an escape or wishes wedding for us.

Does anyone know if dessert parties can still count toward food minimums under the new 2015 wishes price structure? I've heard conflicting reports on this, can anyone in the process of booking with the new minimums confirm?

Are room blocks mandatory? If so, has the minimum changed at all? What's the penalty for not reaching the min number of nights?

Are complimentary annual passes still included for the bride and groom? I know the escape package includes them, but it's not mentioned anywhere in the wishes info that I've seen.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give. I've spent so much time pouring through everyone else's posts I figured it's about time I write one of my own
Yes, APs are still included.

No, unfortunately, dessert parties no longer count toward the food and beverage minimum. The price quoted is the price of the food and beverage that must be spent at the cocktail hour and reception.

Room blocks for wishes are still "mandatory," although they make exceptions at times for locals or for people with other extenuating circumstances. The minimum number I think is ten nights, but you must reach twenty-five to achieve the free night. You have to achieve 80% of your block. If you do not, then the penalty is the cheapest room multiplied by the difference to get to your 80%. However, rarely would someone not reach the 80% because you get to make changes to your room block up until, I think, sixty days before the wedding. Also make sure you have a value resort in your block in case you don't make the 80%.
bigr3ddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:28 PM   #8
missthatgator
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigr3ddog View Post
Yes, APs are still included.

No, unfortunately, dessert parties no longer count toward the food and beverage minimum. The price quoted is the price of the food and beverage that must be spent at the cocktail hour and reception.

Room blocks for wishes are still "mandatory," although they make exceptions at times for locals or for people with other extenuating circumstances. The minimum number I think is ten nights, but you must reach twenty-five to achieve the free night. You have to achieve 80% of your block. If you do not, then the penalty is the cheapest room multiplied by the difference to get to your 80%. However, rarely would someone not reach the 80% because you get to make changes to your room block up until, I think, sixty days before the wedding. Also make sure you have a value resort in your block in case you don't make the 80%.
Thanks, that's good to know, 10 nights should be no problem. I'm especially glad to hear you can make changes to your block as the date gets closer.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: