Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2004, 09:28 PM   #1
ztam3
Mouseketeer

HAFH Upgrades?

I am wondering if it is possible to receive upgrades at the DVC resorts when rented with points? We will be celebrating our anniversary during our vacation and were considering mentioning this to the CM with the hopes that an upgrade would be offered. Has anyone ever done this or received an upgrade for any reason? Thanks.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:20 PM   #2
SB in KY
DIS Veteran

I am not sure what you mean by upgrades unless it is to a larger accomodation...i.e., you rented a studio and are hoping for an upgrade to a 1BR....my guess is it is highly unlikely. They are all rented in seperate categories and the fact that you are staying on points vs a cash reservation makes it even less likely. The point system would make it fairly complicated to upgrade I think.

I am not sure which resort you will be staying at, you might ask nicely for a better view if you are at Boardwalk or Saratoga Springs, but otherwise I think you are most likely to get exactly what you reserved. It really is different than being a hotel guest...no daily maid service or newspaper either.

Once we were in a studio at Boardwalk and a water pipe burst over us and we came back to a minor flood. They were very nice and moved us to a 1Bedroom for the night, but only because there were no more studios available with the view we had reserved and it took the poor CM about 20 minutes of phone calls etc to get someone to OK the change!!
SB in KY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 07:56 PM   #3
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

The only way you will get an upgrade when staying on points would be if the only room available to you that you provided points for is unavailable because of maintenance or problems. You get the room you provide the points for.

Check out the DVC Board and do a search. There was a thread a while back about upgrades. I think out of all the responses, only one person got a different room than they had reserved.

Highly unlikely.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: