Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2008, 06:55 AM   #76
lucky120608
Earning My Ears

i know its kind of last minute, but anybody got room for monday, december 8 for 2 adults?
Old 12-04-2008, 12:49 PM   #77
wags27
Earning My Ears

We would be interested in a Illuminations cruise

Dec 6th to Dec 12th. We are getting married on Dec 5th and are spending the first half of our honeymoon in Disney.

lucky120608 we should meet up at some point compare notes on how our weddings went.
wags27 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2009, 11:57 PM   #78
snowdrift7
DIS Veteran

Illuminations Cruise - May 14th

We've reserved an Illuminations Cruise for May 14th. We're looking for some fellow DIS-ers to join us. We love this cruise and each time we go, we share it with great folks we've met on DIS.

If anyone's interested in joining us, let me know. If you've never been and you love fireworks, then you really shouldn't miss it. If you've been before, well then you know what a memorable experience it is.

snowdrift7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:35 AM   #79
Carrieannew
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdrift7 View Post
We've reserved an Illuminations Cruise for May 14th. We're looking for some fellow DIS-ers to join us. We love this cruise and each time we go, we share it with great folks we've met on DIS.

If anyone's interested in joining us, let me know. If you've never been and you love fireworks, then you really shouldn't miss it. If you've been before, well then you know what a memorable experience it is.
Hey Snow! Going to send you a PM later. I am interested
Dec 2005 - SSR, Dolphin & POP, Sept 2006 Asmo, Sept 2007 Asmo, Feb 2008 1st Solo Trip POP, May 2008 POP, June 2008 Asmo, Aug 2008 POP, Oct 2008 offsite, Dec 2008 POP, May 2009 POP Singles Take 2, Aug 2009 VWL & POP, May/June 2011 POFQ/ASmu, Oct 2011 POP, Dec 2011 SSR , Feb 12 Offsite, Sept/Oct 2012 AKV
Carrieannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 04:32 PM   #80
katman2540
Mouseketeer

Jun 28 to Jul 5

Anyone interested in sharing a cruise with my wife and myself? We will be there jun 28 to jul 5 fo our first anniversary.
katman2540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 06:45 AM   #81
Tbelle1976
DIS Veteran

I know it's a little early, but DH and I will be at WDW from Sept 26-Oct 1 and wanted to see if anyone would be interested in sharing a cruise? We are leaving for home on Oct 1 so we could not do it that night, and we are traveling w/o our kids this time so we would prefer no kids on the cruise we do. If anyone is interested please PM me so that we can work on dates that would be good.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:52 PM   #82
Princessclab
Earning My Ears

Talking Fireworks cruise Aug 3-7, 2009

We are interested in sharing a cruise with others too! We will be there in August, 2009. I will be with my niece; she is an adult.
We are open any night.
Looking forward to going back to the parks!

Let me know if anyone is interested.
Caron

Old 04-04-2009, 06:55 PM   #83
Costumesaremylife
If someone's baking. I'm eating.
Jerry O'Connell once said "Hello" to me. I am still recovering from it
I saw Rodney Dangerfield in his underwear

There used to be threads for cruise shares each month. I can't find them anymore. Does anyone know where they went? I tried searching and couldn't find a thing.
Costumesaremylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:26 PM   #84
PictureJumpr
At Least 'til it Rains

It's on the Theme Parks Attractions board in the Theme Parks Community sub-board, it's a sticky.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:17 PM   #85
tlcrnicu
Earning My Ears

Illuminations cruises

Hello and thank you for your info...
Do you need theme park admission tickets to Epcot to be able to "do" the cruise? I plan on trying to get a resie for our trip in Sept. If I do, I would probably post the extra seats (there are only 2 of us) for others to enjoy. Which boat do you recommend more? The ChrisCraft sounds fun, but if you're parked for part of the time is it worth it? What is the etiquette after posting? Do you just "hook up" at the dock? (Sounds like a bad blind date, doesn't it?) What is a fair amount to ask for a share? I know, I know, lots of questions.............
Thank you all for reading and hopefully responding to this post!
tlcrnicu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:35 PM   #86
PictureJumpr
At Least 'til it Rains

You do not need admission to Epcot to do the cruise. The boats depart from the marina at a hotel outside the park gates (usually the Yacht Club) and will enter the park boundary through a channel and park under a bridge. It is not possible for you to disembark the boat inside the park, so they do not require admission. The boat will return your party to the marina after the show.

There are only a couple of boat types available for this cruise. They are all driven by a Disney captain, the cost of which is included in the cruise cost. Most of the time you will be on a pontoon boat which will seat up to ten people. You can also reserve the Breathless for this, which is the ChrisCraft boat, and seats up to six. If you are using the Breathless and have all six people participating, then the per-person cost is a little over $49 not including gratuity (total boat cost comes to a little under $300 with tax). The pontoon boats, since they will hold more people, come out to $29-34 per person including tax but not including gratuity, assuming all ten seats are used.

When I book one with extra space, I generally divide the cost including standard gratuity by ten, and ask those joining us to contribute that amount per person. For example, I have a wishes cruise to share on April 25, total cost including standard gratuity is $400, so I put it out at $40 a head.

Generally, I 'talk' to our fellow cruisers in the weeks leading up to the trip via e-mail, and we meet at the dock on the night of the cruise. When you book your reservation, Disney will give you the appropriate marina telephone number and ask that you call at 14 days out to confirm pickup date and time, and after I make that call I send an e-mail to fellow cruisers to give them the confirmed information and my last name so the marina personnel can help them find the right boat if they have trouble locating us.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:30 PM   #87
tlcrnicu
Earning My Ears

Thank you, thank you, thank you, for the very fast and informative answer to my questions! I will keep my fingers crossed that I get a boat or am able to join a fellow dis board member on theirs! tlcrnicu
tlcrnicu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:44 PM   #88
PIGLET11
Earning My Ears

hi what up
PIGLET11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:28 PM   #89
1bigwdwfan
Trying not to step on the Mome Raths.

aahhh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIGLET11 View Post
hi what up
lucky you to be leaving in five days!

Everybody's got a laughing place, a laughing place to go-o-o.
Take your frown, turn it upside down, & you'll find yours I know!
1bigwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:00 PM   #90
Disneysince1993
Earning My Ears

We have been going to Disney for 20 years and this is the first I have heard of this being available. Wow!! I just joined and already I have great info to run with. Thanks.
Disneysince1993 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: