Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2014, 05:18 PM   #1
SnowWhite1015
Earning My Ears

Honeymoon Planning Help

Hi, I'm new to the forums and relatively new to Disney (I've been twice, STB Hubby has been tons of times). I'm looking for advice on when to book for our Disney honeymoon. We are looking to go 10/18/15-10/25/15. When is the best time to book? Should we start looking now or wait for a possible hotel deal (not really sure how all that works, when dates are announced and what not). We are looking to stay on property. We went last August because there was a late summer hotel deal. I'm wondering if you experts have any advice. Thanks in advance!

P.S. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section!
SnowWhite1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 10:52 AM   #2
IamJBo
Mouseketeer

I would definitely recommend you hit the 180day mark to get your dinner reservations. (ADRs)

At 60days you'll be able to make your fast passes.

I stayed the first week of October this year and booked around March / April.

If memory serves me correctly the free dining / room only offers came out right before that but they then released more dates / availability a little after my 180mark.

I could be completely off about the offers but I know there is a section dedicated to offers if you wanna browse there.

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic

One other thing to consider is where you're wanting to stay.

You can sometimes rent DVC points and stay at a deluxe for the price of a moderate resort.
IamJBo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2014, 03:46 PM   #3
SnowWhite1015
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the reply! How is Disney with 'price adjustments' for lack of a better word? Say if I book soon, but it comes out a few months later that there's a deal for the dates I'll be there, will Disney refund the difference? Sorry for all the questions!
SnowWhite1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 11:51 AM   #4
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWhite1015 View Post
Hi, I'm new to the forums and relatively new to Disney (I've been twice, STB Hubby has been tons of times). I'm looking for advice on when to book for our Disney honeymoon. We are looking to go 10/18/15-10/25/15. When is the best time to book? Should we start looking now or wait for a possible hotel deal (not really sure how all that works, when dates are announced and what not). We are looking to stay on property. We went last August because there was a late summer hotel deal. I'm wondering if you experts have any advice. Thanks in advance!

P.S. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section!
I've had my honeymoon in WDW... It was amazing.

I think the offers for late fall are released during summer. It's a good idea to book now (room only) the room you want, then call when the deals are out to see if you can add the -% on your room (you'll get a refund if it's already paid in full.

180 days window for reservation is great for most popular restaurant although not absolutely necessary. If you look every day you can still get the ADR you are looking for.

What kind of resorts are you looking for? I find the Deluxe are a great value when you book with a deal.

Stayed at...

Disney: Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans French Quarter & Riverside. Animal Kingdom Lodge, Polynesian Village & Yacht Club

Downtown Disney Hotel: Wyndham Lake Buena Vista

Universal: Royal Pacific Resort
mevelandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 04:04 PM   #5
IamJBo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWhite1015 View Post
Thanks for the reply! How is Disney with 'price adjustments' for lack of a better word? Say if I book soon, but it comes out a few months later that there's a deal for the dates I'll be there, will Disney refund the difference? Sorry for all the questions!
Not a problem! I think mevelandry answered the question before I could get to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mevelandry View Post
I think the offers for late fall are released during summer. It's a good idea to book now (room only) the room you want, then call when the deals are out to see if you can add the -% on your room (you'll get a refund if it's already paid in full.
On that note keep in mind if you decide to rent DVC points you probably can't get it refunded. If you are indeed wanting to book with Disney direct I would also recommend getting the room now and looking out for deals as they will give you the deal pending availability.

Note only certain rooms will get certain deals. Example the Little Mermaid rooms at AoA (Art of Animation) tend to not have discounts as they always seem to be able to fill them.

Sometimes free dining is available for certain rooms but they vary as well.
IamJBo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: