Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2014, 08:16 PM   #1
klitteral2009
Mouseketeer

Excited about a 'mommy' trip!

So I'm tenatively planning a trip in November for myself and hopefully one of my friends (if I can drag any of them with me!) for 4 days. I've been jonesing for a trip with adults only so I can get my photo fix in and experience the parks differently. I plan on going Nov 16-20 when Josh is predicting low crowd levels. We've only ever gone as a family of 5 in Late January so, what can you guys tell me about November? Weather? Crowds? Decorations? I wanna know about all the fun I'm gonna have! Also, anyone ever taken a photo trip? How did you like it?
Old 07-01-2014, 08:56 AM   #2
klitteral2009
Mouseketeer

Well.....the response to this thread is underwhelming
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2014, 12:17 PM   #3
disney212
DIS Veteran

Never taken a photo trip but I have been in November. Weather was spotty, some days shorts some days sweaters. Nights were on the cool side. The parks were beautiful with holiday decorations. We had a great time. Crowds were light early week but got heavier as the weekend approaches.
disney212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:15 PM   #4
Tigerlulu
Mouseketeer

I just did a grown up photo trip in April. It rocked! It's a completely different experience to go with a friend and no kids. We both shoot so we did our fair share. We closed down the parks every night and were shooed out an hour or two past closing several nights.

The only yucky part was carrying all our gear. I did space mountain with a camera strapped to me, a camera bag and a tripod bag. There was barely any room left for me to sit down. We ended up renting a locker to store our stuff. It was easier than going back to the resort repeatedly and carrying stuff for hours when we knew we didn't need it. We shot mostly in the mornings and evenings and night. Napped and played in the afternoons. We were there for flower garden so we snacked our way around the world. I've never eaten so much in one day! Having no kids made us so much more flexible and laid back. Even ordered a pizza at midnight one night!

Now I can't say I had a totally kid free experience as my daughter was there with her high school band. We had dinner twice with her and rode exactly two rides with her. She was not interested in me and they were staying offsite, had their own transportation and everything. We shot her band marching in the parade.

Anyway, long story short, you will have a blast! It's relaxing and fun and a totally different experience. I did so many things I'd never done before b/c kids weren't interested. I'm so ready to go again! No kids! Lol
Tigerlulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 02:57 PM   #5
JABRacingOne
Earning My Ears

I have never been that late in Nov but I have been the last week in Oct / first week in Nov. and although the temps fluctuate more the average rainfall drops quite a bit. I am going on my first trip without my kids at the end of Sept. From the research I have done it should be one of the least crowed weeks of the year but there is a much higher chance of rain. I am psyched!
JABRacingOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:22 PM   #6
klitteral2009
Mouseketeer

That's what in talking about! Lol. It may turn into a solo trip which frightens me a bit but might be fun. I'd love for the hubs to come along but someone has to heard kids here at the house I'd pick up and go now but between the oppressive heat and crowds, I think I'll just wait lol
Old 07-02-2014, 12:58 PM   #7
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

You're leaving just as DH and I are going! (Nov. 21) ... I've been there in late october and early december and we've had no rain at all and warm weather. Bring a good sweater and jeans (just in case) for the evening and early mornings. You should be fine.

I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with a friend and even by yourself. There is so much more to do in WDW, you cannot get bored!
mevelandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 04:45 PM   #8
tss2
DVC BWV and VB

You will have a wonderful time!

My family used to always go in November when my kids were little. Crowds were down and the weather was lovely. The Christmas decorations are wonderful. I specifically remember waking up in the WL with a huge xmas tree magically appearing over night! I now go in the summer because my kids are in college and that is the only time our schedules co-ordinate. We have fun and know how to work the crowds and heat!

Enjoy your girls trip! I am going with friends this February for a mom's trip! We are excited to do things our families didn't or couldn't do. Jellyrolls, Bars (my kids are not both 21), La Nouba, fancy dinners, snacks for meals, dessert for dinner and all the fun kid stuff we still enjoy as adults. I'm really excited about this trip! We have been talking about it for 10 years since I met two really nice women celebrating 50th birthdays on an Illunimations cruise that reminded me of my friends and me. I came home and told my friends we have to do this when I turn 50! This is the year!

Have a wonderful trip! Get a friend to share the fun by tempting her with all the great things you can do together!
tss2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:31 AM   #9
readytogotodisney
DIS Veteran

I'm seriously thinking about a solo trip next month. This Momma needs a BREAK, plus DH is taking off for a golf trip this weekend, so now it's my turn.

Wandering around WS and going and doing what I want all day? Heck ya! I might do a day at the water park too. That's something I haven't done in about 20 years.
DL - 10/12 DCL - 4/13 ~ Dream 11/14 ~Dream
readytogotodisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: