Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2001, 06:56 AM   #1
wfbnancy
Mouseketeer

Lightbulb

We will be visiting DL/DCA in November and would like to use DVC points. We are thinking of DLH. I read somewhere that this is only for regular rooms. I also read that suites are available, can points be used for these? What about concierge level, requested towers and views, etc. Can you upgrade with cash? Any information would be helpful. I also would appreciate any info on Get away travel that I have read about on this board.

Last edited by wfbnancy; 07-13-2001 at 08:15 AM.
wfbnancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 07:44 AM   #2
doodlebug
DIS Veteran

get away

Do you mean www.getawaytoday.org . I used them to get a great package deal at the Disneyland hotel. They also do the 2 other properties plus many good neighbor hotels.. Calling them is where you get the best deals..
doodlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2001, 08:17 AM   #3
wfbnancy
Mouseketeer

Smile

Yes, I edited my subject line. Thanks. Do they send you the tickets or do you get them when you get there. Any other hints you can give. What hotels work well for families?
wfbnancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 08:40 AM   #4
doodlebug
DIS Veteran

I haven't got anything from them yet since we just booked so I don't know if you get the tickets now or when you check in. We plan trying to upgrade our room once we check in to something bigger if possible. but the deal we got couldn't be passed up..

We were going to stay at the Portofino Inn but really wanted to stay on Disney property this time around. I have heard many good thing about the Portofino Inn. It had a kids suite with king bed in one room and bunk beds in another, 2 television, frig, microwave and many other things.. It's a new place that sits right next to the Jolly Rogers Inn
doodlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 08:51 PM   #5
Peter Pan Fan
Mouseketeer

Get Away Today

Just my opinion...

But I did the math on a get away today package, and it was much cheaper for me to do it myself. This could be because we are going in September which they consider "peak season" (?). When you subtract the ticket prices for a 4 day pass, the PP hotel comes out to $219...I got it for $150 per night.

I'm not saying this is the case in every instance..but its good to check around.

Also, Nancy you mentioned the Portofino Inn Hotel, we stayed there in April - I highly recommend it! Lots of room, great for families. Here is a link for more info

http://www.disboards.com/forums/show...threadid=32827

Susan
Peter Pan Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: