Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2011, 10:08 PM   #526
cuddles
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottybean View Post
Just got home yesterday. We had room 1752. We had a great view of the park. We could see hogwarts, hogsmeade, hulk, dr doom and rip ride rocket! It was a great room
So did you book a standard or waterview room? I ask because there seems to be some confusion as to what kind of rooms these are.
Some have said that room 1733 is a standard room yet when someone else tried to book they were told it was an upgradable room which would means it's considered a waterview room, so confused still lol.

10 WEEKS AND COUNTING UNTIL WE GO!

I miss King Kong!
cuddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:50 PM   #527
Bluer101
Waiting till vacation comes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddles View Post
So did you book a standard or waterview room? I ask because there seems to be some confusion as to what kind of rooms these are.
Some have said that room 1733 is a standard room yet when someone else tried to book they were told it was an upgradable room which would means it's considered a waterview room, so confused still lol.
Every time we go we have a water view room since gold status. We are normally put in tower 1 facing the parks. We enjoy this view over the actual pool view. We get the free upgrade to water view with the Loews You First program. With that being said I can only assume that the park views from tower 1 are upgraded rooms.

I know years ago when we stayed onsite at RPR for the first time we booked a standard room and was given a park view room. But the reason we got that room was because of the 3 hour checkin problem we went through with the room not being ready until 6:30 pm. They apologized and said if you hang tight for another 15 minutes we have a room that won't disappoint.

But when it all comes down to paying for an upgrade, I would not do it. We are the type of people that do not spend much time in the room but around the hotel and common areas.

Also before our gold status we have stayed in all floors of tower 3 and 1 but never tower 2. Some rooms have had views of the highway, parking lot, front entrance, and lots of trees.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2011, 08:55 PM   #528
cuddlykp
Mouseketeer

Ok since there is some confusion over whether rooms 1733 and 1754 are standard or waterview I decided to call the hotel and ask and they are WATERVIEW not standard rooms. If you booked standard and ended up in one of these rooms it means you recieved a free upgrade!

This means I once again have to change my ressie...sigh.

Last edited by cuddlykp; 09-11-2011 at 09:05 PM. Reason: my keyboard is on crack!!!
cuddlykp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:24 PM   #529
hftmrock
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddlykp View Post
Ok since there is some confusion over whether rooms 1733 and 1754 are standard or waterview I decided to call the hotel and ask and they are WATERVIEW not standard rooms. If you booked standard and ended up in one of these rooms it means you recieved a free upgrade!

This means I once again have to change my ressie...sigh.

I have to disagree with this...

7 years ago my family went and we got room 1733. I faxed them and asked for this room. I only paid for a standard room. this room was delayed in getting made up and they asked if we wanted to upgrade to a waterview. We told them we wanted this room and we waited and got it.

We just got back a few weeks ago and again asked (via fax) for 1733. We ended up with 1731 and again I only paid for a standard room.

I do not believe this is a waterview upgraded room.

I realized you called but I find it strange that I paid for a standard room twice, asked for this room and got it without paying for an upgrade. I have heard many others too got this room standard
hftmrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:48 AM   #530
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

a standard room can be any view.

hftmrock is correct about this.

depending on which hotel you will stay, it can be listed as a standard garden view or standard water view, etc....

if you book water view, it has an additional charge.

there are times you can book standard room and get a water view without having to pay extra for it.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:25 PM   #531
cuddlykp
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
a standard room can be any view.

hftmrock is correct about this.

depending on which hotel you will stay, it can be listed as a standard garden view or standard water view, etc....

if you book water view, it has an additional charge.

there are times you can book standard room and get a water view without having to pay extra for it.

Should I change my ressie back to a standard and ask for this room or one similiar? HELP MACRAVEN HELP! Time is running out for me,lol!
Old 11-01-2011, 05:28 PM   #532
cuddlykp
Mouseketeer

Does anyone have the email address to request a certain room? I can't find it on the website.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:36 PM   #533
hftmrock
Earning My Ears

its certainly a risk to try to get a specific room but I was successful 2 out of 2 times and there were in a fairly busy time.

once I faxed and I think I emailed the other time. I would do both to be sure

the info is here on this page

http://www.universalorlando.com/Reso...ontact-Us.aspx

good luck and let us know

Fax: 407-503-3010

There is an icon that says 'Have a Question for Universal Orlando? Email us. Click here.'

I would definately do the fax if I had a choice
Old 11-01-2011, 05:47 PM   #534
cuddlykp
Mouseketeer

Thanks!
Old 11-01-2011, 10:08 PM   #535
cuddlykp
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hftmrock View Post
I have to disagree with this...

7 years ago my family went and we got room 1733. I faxed them and asked for this room. I only paid for a standard room. this room was delayed in getting made up and they asked if we wanted to upgrade to a waterview. We told them we wanted this room and we waited and got it.

We just got back a few weeks ago and again asked (via fax) for 1733. We ended up with 1731 and again I only paid for a standard room.

I do not believe this is a waterview upgraded room.

I realized you called but I find it strange that I paid for a standard room twice, asked for this room and got it without paying for an upgrade. I have heard many others too got this room standard
Well then I guess the people who work at the hotel have no clue as to what kind of rooms they have lol.

I am taking a chance and changed to a standard room and hope for the best. I will request certain rooms a week before we go and let you guys know how it all worked out.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:34 PM   #536
Lycaon
Lurking Beastie

I forgot to share my room assignment from last year, but I was in 1348. Standard 2 Queen, third (lobby) floor, Tower 1. The location was nice, it was quiet (despite connecting to another room) and at night, I could see the IOA lighthouse shining through the foliage.

I got 1130 this time, another Standard 2 Queen in Tower 1, this time on the Ground floor. It was very quiet during the day, but it was also right next to the pool, so at night I had to put up with the pool music booming until at least 10:30... not fun when you want to get up at 6 AM to get ready for your day. I also had problems getting the in-room WiFi to work. Was on the phone with support for an hour and they eventually gave up. If I'm able to make it back next year, I'd prefer a different room.

October 1995 - WDW (all parks), Sea World, US
October 4-11, 2010 - EPCOT, DHS, US/IOA, HHN XX (first HHN!)
October 5-10, 2011 - US/IOA, HHN XXI
October 3-8, 2012 - US/IOA, HHN XXII
Lycaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:17 PM   #537
hftmrock
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Well then I guess the people who work at the hotel have no clue as to what kind of rooms they have lol.

I am taking a chance and changed to a standard room and hope for the best. I will request certain rooms a week before we go and let you guys know how it all worked out.
If you dont get the room that you want and its not busy, you will probably be able to upgrade to a waterview and it might even be cheaper.

Only thing I will say is that both times they gave me the room I wanted but I had to wait until 4pm to get it. But you can go to the park or the pool so its not a big deal to me.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:34 PM   #538
macraven
Proud Redhead
Iím a Universal Homie

Quote:
Should I change my ressie back to a standard and ask for this room or one similiar? HELP MACRAVEN HELP! Time is running out for me,lol!
sorry, i'm late for this party...........

if you really want a certain view and nothing else will be acceptable, make your ressie reflect it.
if it costs more, but you will be happy, then go with it.

if you are trying to save money, and willing to take a chance of a free upgrade, then go that route and change your reservation to a cheaper room.

not all water views are great.
you might get a view of the water canal that is opposite of the park view.

a lot of the free upgrades depend on if you are a youfirst member.
those peeps have a good possibility to a free upgrade from a standard room to a water view/ parkview.

earlier check ins with a requests, also have an edge for the upgrade if rooms are available.

also, it depends on when you are checking in.
weekend check ins incur more rooms being occupied.
the date/month also is involved.

if you go in a low season, many do get free upgrades.
if you go in a time period where the hotel is around a 95% occupancy level, the chances are not as great of the free upgrade.

if you fax in a request, make it 6 days out from your arrival date.
the TM that places guests in rooms usually does the assignment maybe 4 days out. I have been told that before but have no actual fact if that really is the case.

if you want to change your ressie to a standard room, call the hotel and ask them if they hotel has many bookings for the time period you will be there.

also ask them if many water / park views could be available for your dates.

If you find out that there are only a handful of water view rooms left, you might want to keep the ressie you already made.

Old 11-07-2011, 10:35 AM   #539
cuddlykp
Mouseketeer

Thanks Macraven....you are a wealth of information.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:24 PM   #540
macraven
Proud Redhead
Iím a Universal Homie

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: