Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2011, 09:00 PM   #466
bubba's mom
Proud Redhead
DIS Cast Member
The Tag Fairy knows you as more than just "Wife of Eric Roberts--XM Spy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpl100 View Post
On the map, I am trying to determine which room is the one I requested (1733) and whether I should keep or change it when I call shortly. Am I better off nearer the main hub (as shown by the red line) or towards the outer side of the tower? I am SO confused and anxious about this. Thanks for any insight/help/knowledge. And Happy New Year!
We stayed 2 doors down from that room last time we stayed there (1729). We liked the location....but we walked everyday and didn't take the boat hardly at all....maybe once? I'd keep your room.
bubba's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:51 AM   #467
koalensis
Earning My Ears

Last week I sent a fax to RPR asking for a park view room asignment. Do they send a feedback? or I´ve just to assume that they put my request in my reservation for May?

Thanks for your help and sorry for my english!
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2011, 10:42 PM   #468
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by koalensis View Post
Last week I sent a fax to RPR asking for a park view room asignment. Do they send a feedback? or I´ve just to assume that they put my request in my reservation for May?

Thanks for your help and sorry for my english!
your english is good.

i suggest that you send another fax about 5 days from the time you should arrive at the hotel.

they will put a note on your reservation of your request for a park view.
they do not send you an email or call to confirm they have received your fax.

rooms are generally assigned 6 to 4 days prior of your arrival to the hotel.

hope this helps.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:57 AM   #469
koalensis
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
your english is good.

i suggest that you send another fax about 5 days from the time you should arrive at the hotel.

they will put a note on your reservation of your request for a park view.
they do not send you an email or call to confirm they have received your fax.

rooms are generally assigned 6 to 4 days prior of your arrival to the hotel.

hope this helps.
Thanks a lot!
Old 01-29-2011, 08:40 AM   #470
cheshireqt
DIS Veteran

Our RPR room was 1544. We had a fabulous view of Hulk roller coaster and a little of the park. Parks closed early enough and/or we stayed out late enough, that we had a nice quiet sleep too. On a side note, DH always wants to be 1st in the park, but kids and I like to sleep in a bit on vacation, until at least 8AM. He would open the curtains and do a little dance..."looook the coaster is already running, you guys need to move it."

AKL 8/2006, POFQ 9/2007, Universal-RPR 2/2009, :CBR 8/2009-4 generation GRANDGATHERING, Universal-HRH 8/2011
cheshireqt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:21 PM   #471
Disney 4 2
Mouseketeer

Room Assignment

Just got back today.

I faxed my room request the week before and got a e-mail from the front desk supervisor the same day.

I request (2) connecting rooms in Tower #1, Queen beds, Park view.

I gave examples of rooms 1729 and 1733 not knowing those were upgrades.

The supervisor said she could not upgrade me for free prior to arrival because the hotel was booked for a convention but she would reserve the same rooms on a lower level.

We were on the 3rd floor and had a view of the Hulk and Doctor Doom towers.

We loved the location of the room. They were a short walk to the lobby out the door and 10 minutes to the IOA.

1986 OFF-SITE 1993 ALL STAR SPORTS
2000 PORT ORLEANS/CRUISE
2003 WILDERNESS LODGE 2005 AKL CONCIERGE
2007 BWI CONCIERGE 2008 HARD ROCK US & IOA 2009 AKL CONCIERGE 2010 ALL STAR MUSIC
2011 ROYAL PACIFIC AND PORT ORLEANS
2012 BWI CONCIERGE & HARD ROCK HOTEL
2014 PORT ORLEANS
Disney 4 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:07 AM   #472
CherylMomOf3
Earning My Ears

Club level suites?

I called 2 different times and was told there are no suites on club level. Had to settle for 2 standard connecting rooms. I think I will call a few days ahead of my trip to see if we can upgrade. We will have a great time anyway, it's just that with a family of 5 we were used to the 2 bedroom suite.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:13 AM   #473
ShelsGoingToDisney
DIS Veteran

I am at the RPR now. We were supposed to fly home this morning but giant snowstorm has caused us to be "snowed in" here until Friday.

Thank God we bought 1 AP for the discount. We have saved so much and now our 3 extra nights are only $139 instead of the much higher rates.

Our park tickets are used up so can't go there. I think we might head to Cocoa Beach to spend our snow day today. We will also do Citywalk, DTD, Winter Summerland mini golf and maybe go ride the monorail at WDW for fun! LOL!

I really like the RPR. Staff is nice, clean, great pool! Only thing that bugs me is parking fee and no frig!

Offsite ~ July 1983, June 1992, March 2001; Poly/ASMovies~Jan 2006;Poly~April 2006;Pop/Poly~Jan 2008;CR~March 2009;BC~Oct 2009;POP~July 2010;Harry Potter trip~Jan 2011;Endeavour Launch Trip~April 2011;Atlantis Launch Trip~July 2011;POR~May 2012; Disney Fantasy Cruise ~ May 2012;Joey's 13th Birthday Christmas Decor Trip ~ Nov/Dec.2012;Disneyland~May 2013 ~ Silly Sam's AoA Adventure Nov. 2013 ~ WONDERful Alaska May 2014
ShelsGoingToDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:06 PM   #474
cajunaggie
Earning My Ears

So much info

Thanks to everyone for all the info on here. We are going in May & have Club level (37__). I don't really care about our view bc we will be in park &/or pool.
I will be requesting a room by the elevators bc my son has Muscular Dystrophy & after a long day @ the park he has a hard time walking

CajunAggie=mom (35), dad (34) son (9), graduate (17)

cajunaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 03:52 AM   #475
Debs Hill
DIS Veteran

We are also on club level for the first time......can anyone tell me which tower the club rooms are in and what this is near?!! Thanks so much!
Debx
Debs Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:29 AM   #476
Ohiodislover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshireqt View Post
Our RPR room was 1544. We had a fabulous view of Hulk roller coaster and a little of the park. Parks closed early enough and/or we stayed out late enough, that we had a nice quiet sleep too. On a side note, DH always wants to be 1st in the park, but kids and I like to sleep in a bit on vacation, until at least 8AM. He would open the curtains and do a little dance..."looook the coaster is already running, you guys need to move it."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney 4 2 View Post
Just got back today.

I faxed my room request the week before and got a e-mail from the front desk supervisor the same day.

I request (2) connecting rooms in Tower #1, Queen beds, Park view.

I gave examples of rooms 1729 and 1733 not knowing those were upgrades.

The supervisor said she could not upgrade me for free prior to arrival because the hotel was booked for a convention but she would reserve the same rooms on a lower level.

We were on the 3rd floor and had a view of the Hulk and Doctor Doom towers.

We loved the location of the room. They were a short walk to the lobby out the door and 10 minutes to the IOA.
Were these standard view, or something else? I have a standard view room booked.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:18 PM   #477
cajunaggie
Earning My Ears

Club Level is in Tower 3 on 7th floor. I have read that sometimes if their is a real rush, RPR will put people on 6th floor also.

CajunAggie=mom (35), dad (34) son (9), graduate (17)

cajunaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:31 PM   #478
Harry Potter
Mouseketeer

Stayed at the RPR for 4 nights in June 13 - June 17, 2010 during the opening week of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. It was my first ever experience of a Universal Orlando Hotel. I was not disappointed.

I was in Tower 3 on the 6th floor I think (cannot remember room number) and was facing across the interstate (bad view). However I only spent nighttime in the room so the view was not a problem for me personally.

Coming from London, UK, this trip cost me around £1500 ($2800?), which is very expensive considering I was only staying 4 nights. BUT, the price included a return flight from Gatwick on Virgin Atlantic and an unlimited 14-day 2 park ticket with free unlimited Universal Express all included in the price.

My opinions of the room were very good. Very atmospheric, and nicely themed in the main room area. The bathroom was small and not anything special. I liked the flatscreen TV which has numerous channels.

The room was clean and well upkept. I had replacements of the free water and cookies twice during my 4 night stay. Room service was called on my final night to order a meal.

I had trouble phoning room service, and eventually had to go downstairs to the reception to inform somebody that I was having problems. Eventually it was sorted and my food arrived.

The man serving me the food for service kept addressing me by my name (Mr. _____) which I thought was waaaay too formal, and I didn't like the way he just came into my room and made himself at home. I would have prefered it if he gave it to me on the trolley at my door, rather than wheel it into my room and wait for me to sit down.

The personal safe in the closet is a nice addition, no problems using that.

One thing I did think of a lot was where are the fire exits? Nobody told me where they were, nor were there fire evacuation directions on the back of my door (which I thought was law in UK, maybe not in US).

I did not use the swimming pool but it looked amazing. Again, very nicely themed. The restaurants looked very good too, perhaps a little 1990s, but still very nicely themed to the Hawaiian, Fijian Island legend.

The walkway from the hotel to the park is astounding. I videoed the whole journey while walking on my handicam. Beautiful gardens and water.

The staff at RPR were a pleasure, from the bag handling guys, to the guy at Reception, and even an old lady in the hotel giftshop who who was very friendly and talkative when I went to buy some Coke and Lay's.

On my day of departure, my Mears shuttle was not picking me up until 3pm, so I was not going to waste a halfday of more Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I effectively checked out of my room and was allowed to leave my bags with the baggage handlers, while I went back to the parks. I was even offered a free complimentary shower at the hotel gym when I got back from the parks before my journey to the airport (great touch).

I would recommend RPR to everybody. There are evidences that it is a 4 star hotel (as opposed to a 5 star hotel), but it is the cheapest onsite hotel, and nowadays with WWoHP I feel you really do need to stay onsite (if you can afford it) to get the maximum benefits such as Unlimited Express and the extra hour in the morning. In that regard RPR gives you absolutely everything for a week or so onsite.
Harry Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:05 AM   #479
rteezgirl
Earning My Ears

oops

Last edited by rteezgirl; 02-09-2011 at 09:21 AM. Reason: posted to the wrong thread -- duh on me
rteezgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:21 PM   #480
micDreamin
Earning My Ears

Smile

Bump
micDreamin is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: