Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2009, 11:08 AM   #376
bubba's mom
Proud Redhead
DIS Cast Member
The Tag Fairy knows you as more than just "Wife of Eric Roberts--XM Spy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nifty16 View Post
I'm curious if the rooms you're talking about (1729,1727) are water view or garden? They don't overlook the pool, but do overlook the waterway between the hotel and parks. I have garden view booked for Aug. and would like one of those good park-view rooms, but I'm wondering if I need to switch to water view. Also, I'm curious how they know which specific rooms are available two weeks in advance. thanks.
1733, 1731, 1729, 1727 etc....are all facing the park (IOA). View of the Hulk from your room. If you look down, you can see the waterway the boats take to the parks... Pool view is other side of the hall.
bubba's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:04 PM   #377
jlm4647
Earning My Ears

I had a question about the room numbers you just mentioned. The numbers (1733, 1731, 1729, 1727) are they from a standard room? Do you recommend a room with a good view from a standard room? I guess I need to soon put my request in. Also, how much in advance do we need to put in a request for a good room. Is the standard rooms overlooking the park the best view ??? Thanks for some room number suggestions.
jlm4647 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2009, 10:27 PM   #378
bubba's mom
Proud Redhead
DIS Cast Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlm4647 View Post
I had a question about the room numbers you just mentioned. The numbers (1733, 1731, 1729, 1727) are they from a standard room?
They are standard. Ours (1729) was 2 queens.

I prefer park/garden view over pool view...but, that's me.

As for a request, I faxed it a few weeks before we went, but I was told they never got it...the fax went to the business center. I asked for 1733 when I checked in, and was told n/a. So, I asked her to keep checking along those lines. Explained it was our first visit and I was trying to impress my family She came up with 2 doors down = 1729.

yeah...I was a pita to her, I'm sure....but, I work hard and save for my vacations and I was going to get as close to what I wanted as I could.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:49 AM   #379
staceyzink
Earning My Ears

Question Want a view of IOA but need the convenience of tower 3 I think!

1st timer to US. We are going to stay at the Royal pacific. I see the majority of the posts saying that tower 1 has all the view of IOA. I have read that tower three is closest to bus transportation and water taxi and due to a recent medical problem I am limited with walking. Is there a great view from tower 3 and IOA and how long exactly is the walk from tower 1 to the water taxi or bus. Thank you very much.
staceyzink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:49 PM   #380
circelli
I can't move it, it's attached !!

Location: Ontario, Canada, where it is COLD!!!! in the winter!!!brrr......

Okay I would LOVE a great park view BUT we are booked for a garden view......can anyone suggest any good garden view rooms?

Thanks In Advance!!

Dawnna
Old 08-01-2009, 06:38 PM   #381
jlm4647
Earning My Ears

I have another quick question. Are the rooms you mentioned(1733, 1731, 1729, 1727) close to the water boat taxi? I know that you said it was park view. If not, what room would you suggest for park view closest to the boat taxi? (standard room) Thanks again for the suggestions.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:13 PM   #382
bubba's mom
Proud Redhead
DIS Cast Member

I believe Tower 3 is closest to the boat dock, but we always walk and have always stayed in Tower 1...so, anything regarding Tower 3, I can't help...sorry. I do know you can cut thru the pool to get to the boat...it's really not that far. Matter of fact, any Tower at RPR really isn't that far from the boat dock...it's all very close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by circelli View Post
Okay I would LOVE a great park view BUT we are booked for a garden view......can anyone suggest any good garden view rooms?

Thanks In Advance!!

Dawnna
Sorry....dunno, but wanted to answer so you didn't think I was ignoring you
Old 08-01-2009, 10:55 PM   #383
staceyzink
Earning My Ears

Thanks very much for the answer. I had no clue about the distance and wasn't having much success when calling. that clears everything up! Thank you for taking the time.
Stacey
staceyzink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:42 AM   #384
circelli
I can't move it, it's attached !!

Location: Ontario, Canada, where it is COLD!!!! in the winter!!!brrr......

Sorry....dunno, but wanted to answer so you didn't think I was ignoring you [/QUOTE]

Your so kind Barb, I would never think you were ignoring me
Old 08-13-2009, 08:55 PM   #385
jlm4647
Earning My Ears

I need some advice for my upcoming trip and our 1st time to US. We got a standard room and we wanted a park view (preferably a view of the Hulk) and a tower closest to the water taxi. I was just wondering if room 1729 or around there is my best bet? If not what would be my best choice? Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:38 AM   #386
dogodisney
DIS Veteran

We just returned from our CL stay in room 3705. It was a short walk from the elevators and the club. It did not have a tub but a nice walk in shower. Our view was of the Luau area, lush greenery and the highways. Tower 3 was very convenient to everything. RPR is a beautiful resort.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:07 PM   #387
schumigirl
I`ve bought one of those for this year....it`s in fuscia pink though......You`ll be able to see me from the air
It`s a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts

This was our view from room 1531. The exact view we wanted, so we were happy bunnies

Loved looking out to this first thing in the morning, and it was lovely lit up at night.

Fantastic room and view, will be asking for this room next year if we can

SEPT 2007 2 WEEKS BUENA VISTA PALACE & HHN
SEPT 2008 2 WEEKS POFQ &HHN
AUG 2009 2 WEEKS RPR
OCT 2010 2 WEEKS RPR & HHN
AUG 2011 2 WEEKS RPR
JULY 2012 17 NIGHTS RPR
APRIL 2013 WEEK IN NEW YORK
SEPT 2013...17 NIGHTS RPR &HHN
MAY 2014.....2 WEEKS IN NEW YORK
SEPTEMBER 2014....18 NIGHTS RPR & HHN
SEPTEMBER/OCT 2015 18 NIGHTS RPR & HHN
schumigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:38 PM   #388
PrincessAli
DIS Veteran

Location: 'Walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA'

We have stayed at Club Level in Tower 3 for our vacation (before our visit to Disney)for the past 4 years. We have always had a fabulous pool/park view and enjoyed it very much. The selection of choices for breakfast is wonderful as well as the items that we were offered in the early evening, salads, crackers, cheeses, dips, fresh vegetables ( wonderful) as well as a choice of beer and wine. I heard a rumor that the evening offerings has been eliminated--anyone know if its true or not? We will be there on the 10 through the 12 of October.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:38 PM   #389
Bluer101
Waiting till vacation comes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumigirl View Post

This was our view from room 1531. The exact view we wanted, so we were happy bunnies

Loved looking out to this first thing in the morning, and it was lovely lit up at night.

Fantastic room and view, will be asking for this room next year if we can
We had 1529 (right next door) last summer and loved the view there too. We have been all over in tower 1 and 3 and they have all been fine. We really don't spend too much time in the rooms.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:18 AM   #390
almond
Earning My Ears

We stayed in September this year in room 1719. Two beds and a lovely view of the Hulk. Below the window we could see the boats docked in their berths overnight and then see them chug out in the mornings to start work. One minute to the lifts, straight down to ground floor then about a two and a half minute stroll past the pool to the boat or another 30 seconds to the bus. Loved this hotel, clean all through, friendly staff, good food.
almond is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: