Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2005, 06:03 PM   #136
JalensMom
Mouseketeer

Thumbs up 7/18-7/23

Room 1310, Tower 1, 3rd fl. About 5 doors down from the elevator with a nice view of the jacuzzi and the pool. Not noisy at all and central to everything. Great location.

CBR: April 2002
OKW: April 2003
PCR/HRH: April 2004
RPR: July 2005
Lago Mar Resort, Ft Lauderdale: July 2006
RPR: July 2007
JalensMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 04:56 PM   #137
No11's Mom
DIS Veteran

Question

We will be there Thursday!! Several weeks ago I added a request to my reservation for a room in Tower 1, upper floors, park view. I called today and spoke to reservations, and she confirmed that my request was noted on the reservation. Should I still go ahead and fax my room request? If so, who's attention should I fax the request to?

When we get back next week, I will make sure to post what room we wound up with. Fingers crossed that it's a good one!

All Star Movies - January 1999
Off-site - January 2000
All Star Movies/Hard Rock Hotel - March 2002
Hard Rock Hotel - June 2004
Royal Pacific Resort - August 2005
Hard Rock Hotel - January 2008
No11's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2005, 08:37 AM   #138
robvia
DIS Veteran
Exit re-ride expert
Talks way too much
Ask me about my theme park attack plan!
Will have hots for Robinrs if she builds a B&M flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalex0831
We stayed at RPR in July 2003 and June 2004, but I can't remember which tower is non-pet. I believe that it's tower 3. Can some confirm. I would also like to know anyone's best room for that tower.
Pets are in tower 2, on the first two floors only for the RPR. Tower 3 has the club lounge, and tower 1 has the great views of the park and easy access to the walkway everyone talks about. There are no pets in towers 1 and 3 unless someone speaks with a manager and screams for it.

robvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 08:30 PM   #139
Mickey&Co
DIS Veteran

My family and I had Room 1540 during our recent visit to RPR. It was a little trek from the elevator to the room, but it was worth it for the fabulous view we had of IOA, Dr. Doom and the Hulk Coaster.

M&Co
Oct 1992 - Dixie Landings (Now POR) * Oct 1997 - AS Music * Oct 1998 - AS Music * Oct 1999 - AS Sports & Music * Mar 2000 - AS Music * Oct 2000 - AS Movies & MNSSHP * Jul 2003 - AS Movies * Jul 2005 - RPR & 4 night Wonder Cruise * Nov 2006 - Pop Century & MVMCP! * June 2013 UO WWoHP/HRH and PBH & AS Movies/SWW * July 2014 - Disneyland, CA!!!
Mickey&Co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 09:01 AM   #140
No11's Mom
DIS Veteran

We were in room 1349. The view was of the gardens/waterway in the front...it was pretty. The room was quite a walk from the elevators, on the same level as the lobby. I had requested a room on an upper floor with a park view, and I could have had one, but room 1349 was the only room available when we checked in and DH wanted to go ahead and take it so he could get the beer on ice. The room was just a few doors down from the stairs at the end of the hall, which led down to the walkway to the parks, so that was convenient.

All Star Movies - January 1999
Off-site - January 2000
All Star Movies/Hard Rock Hotel - March 2002
Hard Rock Hotel - June 2004
Royal Pacific Resort - August 2005
Hard Rock Hotel - January 2008
No11's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 12:32 AM   #141
mamact
Earning My Ears

Just got back from a wonderful stay at the RPR (8/16/05 - 8/19/05). We were in Room 1314 which gave us a view of the pool (well really full view of the wading pool and if you looked between the palm leaves, you could see the pool). I would definitely recommend Tower 1 rooms since it's closer to the pool and restaurants like the Island and Jake's. This is a standard room with a king size bed. No sofa bed, but it did have a big chair and ottoman that 2 people could sit in. My 8 yrs old son enjoyed sleeping there. Room size was fine, but with the king size bed, would only sleep 2 adults and 1 small child comfortably.
We had a fantabulous time and would definitely return to the RPR!
mamact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 02:54 AM   #142
Foladar
Living in ORLANDO!

From reading thru the thread, 1733 seems to be a great rm pick?
Family is going for first time to Universal, its my 1st time onsite and I want the perfect rm and 1733 seems like the best ? We want a park view definitely

Edit: Did anyone take any photos from their rm? I know I'm not the only crazy one who does that?

Last edited by Foladar; 08-21-2005 at 03:00 AM.
Foladar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 07:32 AM   #143
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

During our August stay we were upgraded from Standard to King Suite (gotta love Loews First! -- even got our amenity with a discounted rate). When I spoke to the front desk about the upgrade I told them that view was important to us. We got Suite 3500. Great view of the pool. I would not hesitate to be in that suite again.
IMGONNABE40! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 08:42 AM   #144
marathonmommy
DIS Veteran

Went a couple of years ago. HATED it! Will never go again.
More expensive "water view" room was on the first floor with overgrown vegetation blocking any possible view of water. Room was not cleaned until after 4:00 each day. Could not buy milk in the gift shop, but could get any kind of soda you wanted. Ridiculously long lines at check-in. Front desk said they would make a ressie at one of the park's restaurants . . . they never got the call. (There were other problems as well - I won't go into them all.)Did speak to a manager and got a complimentary breakfast - yee ha!
marathonmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 10:41 PM   #145
teentoddlermom
DIS Veteran

room 1204

Just wanted to thank you all on this thread. I requested a room on a lower floor near the elevator in tower one. They gave me room 1204 which was on the second floor of tower one, just a few steps away from the stairs and elevator! Once on the ground floor, it was just a few steps through the pool area to the dock or the walkway! It was so convenient!!!! We were there for just 2 nights on 8/9 to the 11th and we did everything we wanted to do in a leisurely pace because of the close room location and the awesome FOTL access!!! No meltdowns... so convenient. I love Universal!

I must say though, I thought the room was rather small. We were upgraded without asking to a water view!
Loews first check in was easy, and all the associates we spoke to in the hotel were extremely cordial, always smiling, making eye contact, and addressing us by Mr. and Mrs. when on the phone. Theme park personnel were above average too, only a few fast food/cart clerks that could use some lessons in customer relations.
teentoddlermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 09:00 AM   #146
VW31
Mouseketeer

teentoddlermom, what was the view from your room and was it a king bed or 2-queens?

...Trips to Orlando, Fl...

Universal Studios/IOA – Portofino Bay Hotel – Feb 2004’

Universal/IOA & SeaWorld - Royal Pacific Resort - August 2005'

Next up...
... guess where?

(but maybe just one more trip to Universal...AP's )

...My Travels... aw: aw:

- Iberostar Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

- Royal Planation, Jamaica

- Cap Juluca, Anguilla

- Iberostar Tucan/Quetzal, Mexico

- Royal West Indies, Turks & Caicos
VW31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 01:50 PM   #147
gschmerl
Not ignored by the Tag Fairy any longer!!!
Fun lover
Has seen the TF

Since there have been so many interested people, I thought I'd bring this thread back to the top.
gschmerl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 11:09 AM   #148
RyGuy
Universal On-Site Hotel Expert

3606 is a Hospitality parlor on the 6th floor of tower 3. 3604 is a connecting queen room to the parlor. This suite is very close to the elevators and has an amazing view of the pool and some of IOA.
RyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 07:01 PM   #149
teentoddlermom
DIS Veteran

Just noticed the question, vw31, our room was two queens, and was a pool view through vegetation. Wish we were still there!
teentoddlermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 11:42 AM   #150
Motherfletcher
Proud Redhead
My username is an obscure line from Shrek 4-D

2231 is a 2 queen pet room with a view of the putting green. It's one door from the stairway exit to walk the dog. If you drive in the Tchoup Chop entrance you can park amazingly close to the room.
Motherfletcher is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: