Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2014, 03:36 PM   #1
tina Jucius
Earning My Ears

Packages?

Does Universal ever do package specials? Room + park tickets for slow periods?
Does anyone know when the January park hours will be available?
Thanks
tina Jucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 01:36 AM   #2
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Universal has packages all the time. Go to universalorlando.com and it should be fairly obvious.

That said, it's almost never a better deal than doing room-only and buying the ticket from either them, or undercovertourist, or wherever else you might find a Universal Orlando ticket. Sometimes the packages are special, like the packages when Hogsmeade opened and maybe when Diagon Alley opened. They had a special ticket, you were supposed to have some extra privileges...that sort of thing. But they were generally higher than not doing the package.

The cancellation/change policies are also VERY different with packages, so be sure to read those terms and conditions!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2014, 11:21 AM   #3
SarahInMN
Really my username should be SarahInOR now

We recently returned from a trip to Universal. We booked a tickets+ room package (1 bedroom suite at Royal Pacific - AWESOME). It would have been cheaper to do them separately BUT we went with the package for the included breakfast at 3 broomsticks and Hogs Head as well as the pre trip owl mail (box with all our tickets, details, and a stuffed owl). Cheesy but worth it - we are not regular Universal goers and likely won't go again for awhile. So, for us, it was the relative "worth" of a package and what comes with it vs pricing.

Hope that helps!

SarahInMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 07:46 AM   #4
goofy78
…sea monkey has my money… …yes, I'm a natural blue…

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Universal has packages all the time. Go to universalorlando.com and it should be fairly obvious. That said, it's almost never a better deal than doing room-only and buying the ticket from either them, or undercovertourist, or wherever else you might find a Universal Orlando ticket. Sometimes the packages are special, like the packages when Hogsmeade opened and maybe when Diagon Alley opened. They had a special ticket, you were supposed to have some extra privileges...that sort of thing. But they were generally higher than not doing the package. The cancellation/change policies are also VERY different with packages, so be sure to read those terms and conditions!
So are you saying a room only reservation then adding tickets separately is cheaper? I have a room only booked right now. I was going to wait and see what a AAA package would cost. Thanks.
Old 10-06-2014, 03:45 PM   #5
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy78 View Post
So are you saying a room only reservation then adding tickets separately is cheaper? I have a room only booked right now. I was going to wait and see what a AAA package would cost. Thanks.
generally yes and there aren't any penalties really .If you book a pkg there are fees and penalties for ANY changes or cancellations
Old 10-07-2014, 08:45 AM   #6
goofy78

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMulieri View Post
generally yes and there aren't any penalties really .If you book a pkg there are fees and penalties for ANY changes or cancellations
So what would be the cheapest way to book? I'm confused since I've never stayed at US. I just priced out a package and a room only with tickets separate and it came out exactly the same. How am I able to get a discount on my room only reservation?
Old 10-07-2014, 01:31 PM   #7
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy78 View Post
So what would be the cheapest way to book? I'm confused since I've never stayed at US. I just priced out a package and a room only with tickets separate and it came out exactly the same. How am I able to get a discount on my room only reservation?
Book resort thru Loews.com
Deposit is one nights rate.Balance is due after checkout.
You can change without penalty
Cancellations are due by 5 days before

For tickets we use Undercover tourist

As for discounts ..There are Ap holder discounts, AAA discounts, Stay more ,save more rates and occasionally Unviersal sends out person-specific discount codes ( much like Disney)
Old 10-07-2014, 01:33 PM   #8
goofy78

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMulieri View Post
Book resort thru Loews.com Deposit is one nights rate.Balance is due after checkout. You can change without penalty Cancellations are due by 5 days before For tickets we use Undercover tourist As for discounts ..There are Ap holder discounts, AAA discounts, Stay more ,save more rates and occasionally Unviersal sends out person-specific discount codes ( much like Disney)
Ok. Thank you.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: