Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2014, 10:15 AM   #1
daraweb
Mouseketeer

Club Level RP Gluten free?

We are heading to US for our 1st time (go to Disney every year) in March. Our 12 year old daughter has celiac disease (which means she must eat a gluten free diet). Disney is so wonderful with special diets that we keep going back.

I am just starting my research on gluten free at universal. So, my question is do they offer or are they willing to offer any gluten free options at the club level?

Thanks in advance!
daraweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 09:21 PM   #2
schmcktgt
Mouseketeer

Yes, if they know about it in advance, they can provide GF options. I was only a few months GF when we went in October, so I didn't know how to ask for what I needed.

The staff in the club was friendly and helpful. I asked about options when we arrived and they were able to get me GF bread for breakfast - but no GF toaster. The evening appetizer was pasta the first night and with short notice, they weren't sure what the chef could do. I ended up with a beautiful fruit plate instead. The options that night were filling enough for everyone else to make it a meal, but it wasn't enough for me. Beautiful and delicious, just not a full meal.

For the evening dessert, I had the most delicious oatmeal raisin cookies. Best cookie ever, even compared to the cookies I could have before I went GF!

Call ahead and let them know what you need.
schmcktgt is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: