Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-01-2004, 01:47 PM   #1
and Hannahs too!!
zippehsmom's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 1,005

Talking Our Fabulous Vacation July 10-20

We had an absolutely wonderful vacation. I just want to say that I used Tour Guide Mike's site for itinerary planning and it worked out wonderfully. Between all of the advice and tips I got here on theDIS and TGM, we had a truly magical vacation. We followed all of TGM's suggestions and everything went well. I would highly recommend using TGM. Here is a brief report of our trip. Myself, DH, DS15, DD4, DD18months were on the trip.

Day 1, Saturday July 10

We arrived in Orlando at about 11 am. We checked into Pop and our room was ready. It was in a good location in the 70's section. We had lunch at The Kitchen, which is located in the Hard Rock. We had a $50 GC, not a bad meal considering we paid $15 for the GC. After lunch, we hit the Super Target near the Millenia Mall and picked up a few breakfast items. Once we arrived back at Pop we took a much needed nap. That evening we hit the pool and had dinner at Everything Pop!

Day 2, Sunday July 11

We checked out of Pop and went over to Boardwalk Villas, where we would be spending the remainder of our vacation. We checked in at about 7:45 am and much to our surprise our room was ready and available. We went to check out our room. It was a very nice location with a Boardwalk view. We then headed over to Epcot and was there for park opening at 9am. We were ready for lunch by 11 am. We grabbed chicken strips and hotdogs from Liberty Inn??, DH and I had Fish & Chips from UK. We walked back to our room at about 12:40 pm. It began to rain and the original plan was to head to MGM tonight, but we needed to go to store to get perishables. Also, DS cell phone would not charge and of course he could not survive 10 days without a cell phone so we went to find a SPrint Store. We ended up going to Florida Mall and Super Walmart. By the time we did all this it was 7pm and still raining, so we nixed the idea of going to MGM and just grabbed dinner at Beaches & Cream.

Day 3, Monday July 12

Today we went back to Epcot. We had 8:30 am PS for the PSB. Breakfast was decent, it was not bad. We sat right next to the door where the Princesses came out so, we were the first table they stopped at. DH fell in love with Jasmine. Once we finished breakfast at about 9:10 am, we went to grab FP's for Test Track. DH does not tolerate sun and heat all to well, so we went back to BWV. We left for AK at about 3:40 pm. We caught the 4:30 pm Festival of the Lion KIng Show. We had dinner at a totally disserted Flame Tree Barbeque. After that we rode Triceratop spin a couple of times before heading over to Kilimanjaro Safari. I can't remember what the wait time for Safari was, but I think it was only like 5 minutes or something. We left AK at about 7pm and headed to MK. We arrived to a totally packed MK. People were already lined up for Spectro and it was only 7:30 pm. WE grabbed FP's for Pooh and went to Toon Town. DD4 got here face painted and after that we went to see how long the wait to see some characters would be while DH sat on a bench with sleeping DD18months. We were going to see Cinderella, but the line was too long, so I turned around to walk back out. A CM seen me and asked who I wanted to see. I told him Cinderella, but the line is too long. So he said follow me. He took DD and me through the back to meet Cinderella. It was just us Cinderella, Suzy and Perle. It was so nice. Then the another CM in the room with us asked who else we wanted to see and took us to see MInnie, Chip and Dale without waiting. By this time our window opened to ride and Pooh. After riding Pooh, we tried to escape the nightmare that was fantasyland. It was just awful. We cut through Frontierland and Liberty Square trying to get close to Mainstreet to see the fireworks. Well we only made it as far as Crystal Palace before we just gave up and stopped right there. We saw Wishes, but it was so hot and crowded that we did not get to enjoy like we could have. Finally, after Wishes was over and the throngs of people fled the park we went and found a nice spot along Mainstreet for the 11pm Spectro. After a long day in 3 parks we made it home by midnight to a welcoming bed.

Day 4, Tuesday July 13

After yesterday today was a down day. We slept in and just lounged around the room. We eventually made our way out and went toBeaches & Cream for lunch. After lunch we went to Downtown Disney and then to Blizzard Beach. We did find a niche shaded spot near the kiddie area. We left Blizzard Beach at around 5pm. We had dinner at ESPN Club. After dinner, it was time for our Illuminations Cruise. We shared with another family. It was one of the highlights of our trip.

Day 5, Wednesday July 14

Today we went to MK. We were there by 8:30 am. We rode these rides in this order . We went tohave lunch at Columbia Harbor House. DS, DD4 and myself went to use FP's for BIg THunder MTn while DH stayed with DD18months in nice and air conditioned Columbia Harbor House (did I mention he hates heat and sun). We left MK at noon and went back to room. We went back to MK at around 7pm. We did Pirates, Tiki Room, Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Liberty Belle River Boat and had dinner at Cosmic Rays. We left MK right after Spectro ended.

Day 6, Thursday July 15

Today we had an 8 am PS at Donalds. We left AK at about 1pm. We needed more pullups for DD18months so, we went to Goodings. We grabbed Taco Bell for lunch and headedback to the room. We had Fantasmic DInner Package PS at H & V, but DH was not feeling well so, I rescheduled for another day. DS, DD's and myself went to MGM at about 6pm. We grabbed a FP for Mermaid, then went to se Muppets and Great Movie Ride. We went to Mermaid and went back to BWV at about 8pm. WE grabbed a couple of Pizza's from Spoodles for dinner and called it a night.

Day 7, Friday July 16

Today we had a 8am PS at Crystal Palace. DD4 was selected to be Chef of the Day and make her own special pancake with Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet. She was given an autographed Chef's Hat and a Magical Moments certificate. It was really nice. There was one thing that really bothered me at Crystal Palace. There was a large group (at least 30 people) there and everytime a character came they would all get up at once to take pictures and get autographs. It was really disruptive. After about 2 characters I did see a CM tell people to stay at their table and the characters would come to them. Well we finished breakfast at about 8:40 am (Actually Tigger never made it to our table because of the large group, but we already had pictures with him from earlier). We went to rope drop at Tomorrowland. We left MK at about 11:40 am. We took the monorail to Grand Floridian for the Wonderland Tea Party. We looked around and shopped while we waited for the Tea Party. While DD4 did that we had lunch at Gasparilla Grill. We made it back to room at about 3pm. Tonight we were doing ENight and had a PS at Ohanas. We headed back out for that at about 7pm. We had a good meal at Ohanas, but DH's stomach was still bothering him. We picked up our wrist bands at Splash Down Photos. We rodeHaunted Mansion, Splash Mtn., Big THunder MTn, Peter Pan, Pooh, Buzz, got some ice cream, did some shopping and headed backto BWV at about 11:40pm. In retrospect only myswelf and DD4, who is a daredevil, should have come to ENight. DH tolerates WDW for me and DS is too Cool to do anything fun right now .

Day 8, Saturday July 17

Today we did not have anything planned except a late lunch at Rain Forest Cafe. We shopped a little at Downtown Disney before lunch. After lunch we went to Belz OUtlets (what a waste of an hour stuck in traffic on International drive). You could not pay me to stay on International Drive, what a nightmare. We also went to Orlando Premium Outlets. We like those a lot better. We did not make it back to BWV until almost 11pm.

Day 9, Sunday July 18

Today we had PS at CRT for 8am. We finished breakfast a little before 9am. We went to rope drop at Liberty Square. Whle everyone else headed towards SPlash and Big Thunder MTn., we went to Tom Sawyer Islands. We found the paintbrush inthe scavenger hunt and was given front of the line access to Splash Mtn. It was really cool. After that, DD4 wanted her face painted again so we headed over Mickeys Toon Town. We rode Goofy, got our picture taken with Mickey and had DD4's face painted and then we left.We were back at room by noon. At about 5pm we went to Epcot to get more Fish & Chips. We planned to tour the countries, but decided to go back to Orlando Premium outlets to pick up a couple more things. We were back at the hotel by 8:30 pm.

Day10, Monday July 19

Today we planned on going to MGM early, but it was raining. We decided to sleep in and relax. We finally made it to MGM around noon. We grabbed FP's for Tower of Terror andthen jumped in line for the 1:00 pm Beauty & the Beast Show. After the show we grabbed FP's for Rockin' Roller Coaster. Next was the 2:15 pm show for Playhouse Disney. After Playhouse Disney I grabbed FP's for Star Tours, and then rode Tower of Terrror. I was surprised my 4 year old wanted to ride and had a blast. NExt wasStar Tours and then Rockin' Roller COaster. We left MGM at about 5pm. We went to dinner at Fridays in Crossroads and then went to buy and extra suitcase for all the stuff we bought. We spend about an hour on the boardwalk before headingup to the room to pack for home.

Day 11, Tuesday July 20

Today we had to go back home to reality

With this trip I realized that if we missed something, not to worry we will be back. I also realized that DH's max disney time is about 3-4 days. He said he'll keep coming until our youngest is about 4, after that he said me and the girls can go. Thanks again to everyone here on the DIS for all of the advice and tips. We never waited longer than 15 minutes and even when we had to deviate from our itinerary because of all the research done on this site I was able to make good decisions.

I guess this was not as brief as I thought.

:D :D
kindergarten teacher
Aug. 1998 Port Orleans; Aug. 2002 BWV/Polynesian GVC/ Royal Pacific; July 2004 Pop Century/BWV; Aug. 2005 Royal Pacific/Wilderness Lodge/ BCV/ AKL; Dec. 2005 Pop Century; July 2006 Liki Tiki Village/ OKW/ Marriott Horizons/Portofino Bay; Jan. 2007 Port Orleans Riverside; June 2007 SSR/ Mariott Horizons/ Royal Pacific/ POFQ/ BWV; July 2009 AKV/ GF/BC/ HRH/ Carnival Cruise; June/July 2010 BC/BWV/HRH/NCL Epic Aug. 2011 Beach Club/Royal Pacific Aug. 2012 Dolphin/Royal Pacific July 2015 Yacht Club/Polynesian/ Royal Pacific

Last edited by zippehsmom; 12-09-2004 at 08:21 PM.
zippehsmom is offline  
Old 08-02-2004, 03:14 AM   #2
luvabargain's Avatar
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 84

Thanks for sharing. Just got back from my trip today.
luvabargain is offline  
Old 08-02-2004, 03:40 AM   #3

The Original 'Free Spirit'
Who's Next??
Minniespal's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 52,288

Great report ~ Thanx for sharing.
Minniespal is offline  

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: