Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2010, 07:27 PM   #721
druffing
Earning My Ears

rain

It shows thunderstorms next week at Disney on the weather channel. Now I know when I have been there before, it did not rain much. What do you all think? This week has been a true nightmare trying to get ready. We are staying at Pop Century and I have never stayed there before...so concerned about that as well...

I am so stressed! My dh has cancer. One grandaughter has strep. My father is staying home with my sister who has not seen him for 6 years and I am paying her big money to do this. I pray she does not leave him alone as he is 87 and can be forgetful. This is the first time I have flown in 20 years as well...we always drive. We are taking 5 children-the grands-2, 3, 3, 4, and 7. Yikes! Any advice about weather-my worst concern and the hotel? Thanks so much. I love reading this board...!

Let's hope the trip is worth the aggravation leading up to it. Since my husband's' leukemia has no cure on earth and he is out of remission again I need a nice vacation for him...I guess I will pray for no rain! And that the hotel is okay...

Debra
druffing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 07:58 PM   #722
Disney_Gram
Mouseketeer

Please remember a high school friend who has been diagnosed with a brain tumor. She is a wonderful person and a grandmother of 2 girls.
Disney_Gram is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2010, 05:56 PM   #723
mickeyluvsjess
Mouseketeer

My DSister has many health problems, and most recently has been told that her liver is failing and there is nothing else to do-she is 31. She lives with my family and I am the caregiverfor her & her DD4 (who is autistic) We want to take her to The World (in fact have it booked for Sept) but it seems she has given up on life. I am scared and my DH wants to cancel the trip.I want a good memory and she says she wants to go (its other parts of life she is giving up on)The last trip she ended up in Celebration Hosp. after 3 days but now we have a power wheelchair.Please please send good thoughts our way because without this break I dont know how I will handel things. (my son is also autistic) I need some good for a change.

Past trips:March 1996 CBR with parents,May 2007POR, first trip as a mommy,Sept. 2007 POR, Sept.2008 WL,Sept.2009 CR October 2010 Beach Club

mickeyluvsjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:01 PM   #724
artgirlATL
Earning My Ears

Fantastic Pixie Prayer

This is a great idea. I love the support that I see in this thread. I'm praying with you all for their return to health.
artgirlATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:32 AM   #725
mommy2allgirls
Stay out of the damn lakes!

May I please have pixie dust my way?

I hope this is the right place to post this.

I could use some pixie dust. For the past 2 years I have been extremely sick and mostly bedridden. I have been diagnosed with chronic Lyme disease but due to controversy surrounding treatment it is hard to find a doc to treat it. My last doc had to close his doors due to him treating lyme patients. Anywyas today my hubby and I are driving to another state to see a new doc. We are hoping he can work with me and I can get under treatment so I can start to be an active wife and mother again. Today also happens to be my birthday so I'm really hopin it all works out.

My illness is hard to explain especially with the controversy so my blog explains it better http://mylymediary.blogspot.com I would just appreciate prayers. Thank you
Lyme Blog
mommy2allgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:02 AM   #726
bettyann29
Heres my contribution for today...
It looks like everyone is trying to divert their eyes elsewhere
I cant eat the ones that are not folded or creased.. Does that make me crazy??

Location: Dallas/ Ft Worth Texas-- Dreaming of one day being closer to the House of the Mouse..

Please keep my mom in your prayers..
Last year I posted how my grandmom (my moms mom) passed away.. within a month my uncle passed away.. then shortly afterwards my mom had a stroke.. my brother had a heart attack.. my mother never regained her right side after the stroke and still struggles daily..

Then in December my moms Aunt passed away..

My father has been sick for years and has been in the hospital this year all but 1 month and my father just passed away last month..

So much has happened in our family since last May and my mom and our family could use all the pixie dust and prayers we can.. Its definitely been rough..
bettyann29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 04:08 PM   #727
Alahis
Lady Lurker is lurking (lurk moar)

I use some pixie dust for the mother of a friend of mine, who as health issues....I hope she'll not become paralyzed !

And, of course, I send a lot of Pixie Dust from those who need it !

Was supposed to go to DL in September 2014....But a much better thing happened : I'm going to work as a CM in DLP around July 2014 !!!!

DLP : 1998 Disneyland Hotel, 1999 Newport Bay, 2000 Davy Crockett Ranch, 2001 Sequoia Lodge, One-day trip along 2009-2010, 2011 Santa Fe
WDW : Pop Century in 2012
Alahis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:48 AM   #728
kimg826
Earning My Ears
Woke my daughter up with "Jiminy Crickets!"

Update

Hi All,
I posted on page 47 of this thread. This weekend is a hugh weekend in our town. I was just thinking of my nephew, it was one of his favorite times. Last September he was put in Children's Hospital and fought a hard battle. He went up to our savior on January 23, 2010. Just missing him and thought I would update.

Kimg

CB May 2003 & May 2005
POFQ June 2007, May 2009 & May 2011
Disneyland 2010
ALSMu May 2013
kimg826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:26 PM   #729
SleepingBeautyDreamr
Stop flirting with the Riddle Goddess

Location: At the little cottage in the woods with 3 good fairies

Please send some Pixie Dust for my family to get thru this hard time. We lost my mom Thursday to heart failure and though she was never on the Dis she was a true Disney fan.
Past Trips: Nov 1983 ~ OP, April 1987 ~ OP, Sept 2006 ~ CSR, Oct 2006 ~ ASMo, May 2008 ~CSR, Dec 2009 ~ CSR
SleepingBeautyDreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:54 PM   #730
bfeller
"if he doesn't believe in fairies then we don't believe in him and therefore he doesn't exist which points clearly that you are not a wife"
Ya Ya Sister!

Kama

Please keep the family of Kama, Kim, in your prayers. She used to hang out here on the DIS years ago. She was one of the original Ya Yas. She lost her battle to cancer yesterday.

May God bless her soul
Old 11-05-2010, 09:06 PM   #731
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Please pray for Dave & Jan that they may weather the storms they're currently going thru.
Thank you.
gretchenohar@hotmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:28 AM   #732
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo
Iím SERIOUS..milk just fell from my --- udder

...could everyone please keep my MiL in yur prayers? She was rushed to the hospital [again] with congestive heart failure....they had her on a machine that forces water out of her lungs [and system], but she can't breathe on her own - she's been sedated and is on a ventilator....they've also administered hevy doses of Lasix, but they have to be careful because her kidneys are failing....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:47 AM   #733
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
...could everyone please keep my MiL in yur prayers? She was rushed to the hospital [again] with congestive heart failure....they had her on a machine that forces water out of her lungs [and system], but she can't breathe on her own - she's been sedated and is on a ventilator....they've also administered hevy doses of Lasix, but they have to be careful because her kidneys are failing....
She and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
gretchenohar@hotmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:49 AM   #734
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo
Iím SERIOUS..milk just fell from my --- udder

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchenohar@hotmail View Post
She and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Thank you.
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:51 AM   #735
Phil Cirrone
Mouseketeer

I just said a prayer for all of you and Im gonna keep yall in my thoughts.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: