Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2008, 08:16 AM   #661
lilmissdisney216
Pawsitively Lovin a Labrador!

I would like to put in a prayer intention for me and my family. My grandmother passed away last friday and my family has been in the midst of funeral arrangements and contacting out of town family and its been really rough on all of us especially my grandma's 3 sons (my dad and his 2 other brothers), her husband(well divorced husband), and me. We were all at her house last night cleaning it and getting it ready for out of town family to stay there and I was a total wreck when going through all of her things and just being in the house brought back a lot of bittersweet painful memories. So if you could, please pray for our family and for my grandma that she knows that we all still love her very much and will miss her always. Thank you.

Meredith
Old 10-14-2008, 09:22 PM   #662
ears4all!
DIS Veteran

Will do. God's watching over you.

WDW offsite 1999-WDW offsite 2002-Beach 2003-WDW offsite 2004-Beach 2005-WDW Boardwalk Villas 2006-Colorado 2007
Disney Wonder 2008-Arizona! 2009

Isaiah 40:31
ears4all! is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2008, 10:23 AM   #663
Kimmielee
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was thereUncle Larry can do anything!

Please pray for my Aunt

The past few days have been somewhat fuzzy. I got a call from my Dad in KY that my Aunt had been released from the hospital and was now with Hospice. I went up to the hospital (I never knew they did Hospice IN the hospital?) and spent 6 hours with her, my cousins and then other relatives that were arriving from KY, IN and NY to say their last goodbyes.

Heartwrenching is the only word I can describe those 6 hours. My Dad, is still in KY. He made the decision that he wants to remember his sister the way she was... not on her death bed. So far, she's hanging in there. It makes me wonder... what is she waiting for? What is God keeping her here for?

She's 80 years old (about 2 and 1/2 years younger than my Dad) and has had polio since she was 6 years old. She has no quality of life left.... none. She talks about seeing her husband and baby (my Uncle died about 11 years ago and the baby died after living only 4 days back in 1955). She says she sees the flower fields... but yet, she's still here.

I pray, so very hard, that she let's go. I told her so. I told her that my Mom and my Granny were making her dinner... Chicken and Dumplings would be waiting for her. I told her it's ok to go. My cousins have told her the same. Why... why not let her go?

I rarely question God. I know there has to be a reason but I can still pray that he takes her quickly and painlessly. Please pray for her.

Kimmielee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:28 PM   #664
dg39
DIS Veteran

Prayers please for my health. Please pray that the biopsy scheduled for Oct. 31, comes out good and not cancer.

Will continue to pray for others...

TIA
denise
Old 10-24-2008, 07:29 PM   #665
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Meredith, Kimmie, Denise..prayers and best wishes are with you all.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:23 PM   #666
mksadnick
Earning My Ears

please

please, prayer for my husband larry who will have a 6 hour surgery in peoria on wed. jan 28...risky due to insertion of 2 stents in his heart a few months ago...thank you so much! mks
mksadnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:28 PM   #667
perriwinkleblue
Mouseketeer

My heart goes out to each and everyone of you. I will remember you all in my prayers. I hope you all find the comfort and strength that you need.

My plea today is for for my dear mother who is lost in a frightening world of dementia (and please pray for her doctors, that they have the wisdom to help her). She seems to have gone from early Alzheimer's like symptoms to a full-blown disconnect from reality. (She still can read, sing songs and count. Remembers details about us and people she rarely sees, like where my friends work. Converses with us although her stories are totally ludicrous. Functions with daily routine but does "odd" things like putting pajama bottoms on head, over her clothes. She also sees people/things that aren't there and obsesses about fire, shootings and death. She barrages me with these horrible and ridiculous stories all day.)

We have been unprepared for this, as this decline has come on the past few weeks. (She is seeing a neurologist but we don't know if there is more we should do. He is not totally convinced it's AD and is doing lots of tests.) It may seem unrealistic, but please, pray for improvement in her mental state. I miss her so very much.

She lives with us and I am her daily caregiver. I am trying to be a good daughter, wife and mother but sometimes it feels like I'm a circus plate spinner. I'm spinning as fast as I can but sooner or later, one of these stacks is going to crash.

me, DH , DD8: , DS5
perriwinkleblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:08 AM   #668
Tig-girl
WL VET
If you wanna make God laugh, all you gotta do is tell him your plans....
Tag Toggler

I'm asking for prayers for my Dad, who will be 85 in two weeks, if he can survive a surgery he has to have today or tomorrow. There was an accident of sorts, and he shattered his entire shoulder joint, and has four fractures in his upper arm. He has so many underlying issues, including surviving an aortic aneurysm behind his heart 5-1/2 years ago, and he has been really weakened by being transferred from hospital to hospital since Monday when the accident happened. God willing, today will be the last transfer to U of P, and they will be able to get him thru the long surgery with God's helping hands to guide them. Thanks to all of you who will include him in your prayers.
2009-Jan. WL, Mar. SSR, Sept. Treehouse Villas, Nov. AKL!
2010-Jan. Kidani Village June. SSR , Sept. Grand Californian
2011 Jan. KV
, 2012 Jan-BWV, May- KV

Tig-girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:30 AM   #669
DisneyBride'03
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Balcony was great!
The closest I get to "camping" is the campfire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tig-girl View Post
I'm asking for prayers for my Dad, who will be 85 in two weeks, if he can survive a surgery he has to have today or tomorrow. There was an accident of sorts, and he shattered his entire shoulder joint, and has four fractures in his upper arm. He has so many underlying issues, including surviving an aortic aneurysm behind his heart 5-1/2 years ago, and he has been really weakened by being transferred from hospital to hospital since Monday when the accident happened. God willing, today will be the last transfer to U of P, and they will be able to get him thru the long surgery with God's helping hands to guide them. Thanks to all of you who will include him in your prayers.
Thinking of your dad....
***runDisney***2010 Inaugural Wine & Dine Half~ 2011 WDW Half~2011 Wine & Dine Half ~ 2012 Princess Half~2012 Disneyland Half~2012 Wine & Dine Half~ 2013 Princes Half~2013 Inaugural Dumbo Dare~2013 Wine/Dine

Upcoming: Aulani Feb 2014

1980 Poly~2003 Poly~2003 Poly Fairy Tale Wedding/Grand Floridian~2007 Pop~2007 YC CL DVC Owners ~2007 SSR~2008 BWV/DCL/AKV~2008 OKW~2008 SSR/WL~2008 ASMu/AKV~2009 VWL/BCV~2009 BLT/Swan/Kidani~2009 POFQ/AKL~2010 SSR~ 2010 YC CL/AKV~2011 POFQ~2011 Sports & OKW~2011 Kidani & BCV~ 2011 POFQ ~ 2012 BCV~2012 DL Hotel~2012 BLT/AKV~2013 OKW/BCV~2013 DL Hotel~2013 Pop/SSR
DisneyBride'03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:56 AM   #670
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Cajun Tinkerbell Princess
Tag Toggler
Loves kissing Tag Fairy butt ;)

Quote:

Thoughts and Prayers sent your way!!
Old 02-19-2009, 11:40 AM   #671
MICKEY'S DREAMERS

Bringing the WL to you one screensaver at a time

Quote:

I'M SENDING LOTS AND LOTS OF AND THOUGHTS YOUR WAY !!
I'll surely pray for your dear father : my Mom just went through an open-heart-surgery ... so I surely see how you are concerned about him ...
May God keep your Dad in His caring hands.

laura

MICKEY'S DREAMERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 02:55 PM   #672
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

Quote:
Prayers for your father!

DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 16/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
tiggrbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:30 PM   #673
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo
I’m SERIOUS..milk just fell from my --- udder

Tig-Girl ~
You know our Jambo prayers and thougths are with you and your dad.....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:45 AM   #674
ghessone
Earning My Ears

Prayers to all.
ghessone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:54 AM   #675
athenna
DIS Veteran

I've been waiting a long time for a new, really, cool tag..., but I was hit by a drive by tagging instead!

Quote:

I will keep your dad in my thoughts & prayers....Sending hugs and lots of support to you.

I got engaged 1/24/10 in Epcot
athenna is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: