Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2014, 10:42 PM   #1
MartDM
DIS Veteran

Thumbs down Disney World Personal Shopper - Gift Bag FAIL!

Just wanted to share my experience with Disney World Personal Shopper, for those of you who might be considering using them.

Several weeks ago, I communicated with them and submitted $75.00 for a gift bag to be delivered on 1/15 to a family member arriving for their first WDW trip. Having heard nothing in the interim, I emailed on the designated day to confirm it was delivered. I didn't receive a response until 1/16 and the reply was that the bag was not delivered as scheduled because the proprietor was ill. She offered a refund or delivery on 1/16. As it was to late to make alternate arrangements without paying a hefty expedite fee, I agreed to delivery a day late.

I emailed the evening of 1/16 to confirm delivery was made, and did not receive a response until the morning of 1/17, when I was again informed the gift wasn't delivered. She offered to add a few pins for our trouble and promised delivery that day. On 1/17 I emailed requesting confirmation of delivery and, to date, I have received no response.

I happened to take a look at her Facebook page this a.m. and was very surprised to see many cheery posts have been made over the course of these days, advertising all the merchandise they are offering. Today, she also posted a number of pictures showing piles of boxes filled with marathon merchandise, prepped and ready to be shipped to her customers. This was the final straw for me as it seems clear that she's been quite attentive to other aspects of her business, while failing for three days in a row to deliver the gift bag I prepaid for weeks ago.

Given that, and the fact that my niece's trip ends tomorrow, I emailed requesting a refund at 4:00 a.m. this morning - now 18 hours later I have still heard nothing from her.

I was very much looking forward to surprising a wonderful little girl with the bag, and that didn't happen because this proprietor (at best) doesn't have anyone to make her deliveries when she is ill OR (at worst) she simply was bogged down with her marathon merchandise orders and decided my order was not a priority. Either way, it's a poor way to run a business and it's a shame that due to her irresponsibility, the gift never was delivered. I'm sorely disappointed that my niece didn't get her surprise but now, due to her lack of communication, I'm starting to believe my refund will be a struggle.

I'd strongly recommend you find someone else for your gift bag needs!
MartDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:15 AM   #2
Carina
DIS Veteran

Have you posted on her FB page?
Carina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2014, 03:36 AM   #3
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carina View Post
Agree.
Can you leave a comment on Yelp?
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:55 AM   #4
ronandannette
DIS Veteran

Sorry that your plans for a nice surprise were thwarted Mart. Poor customer service is SO FRUSTERATING especially when you try time and time again to get a resolution. I hope you don't have trouble getting your refund; I'd call my credit card and dispute the charges immediately.

I totally agree with the PP's about venting on social media as well. This is how commerce is conducted nowadays and businesses need to bear the full public brunt of their failures.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:51 PM   #5
FoundMyPrince
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartDM View Post
Just wanted to share my experience with Disney World Personal Shopper, for those of you who might be considering using them.

Several weeks ago, I communicated with them and submitted $75.00 for a gift bag to be delivered on 1/15 to a family member arriving for their first WDW trip. Having heard nothing in the interim, I emailed on the designated day to confirm it was delivered. I didn't receive a response until 1/16 and the reply was that the bag was not delivered as scheduled because the proprietor was ill. She offered a refund or delivery on 1/16. As it was to late to make alternate arrangements without paying a hefty expedite fee, I agreed to delivery a day late.

I emailed the evening of 1/16 to confirm delivery was made, and did not receive a response until the morning of 1/17, when I was again informed the gift wasn't delivered. She offered to add a few pins for our trouble and promised delivery that day. On 1/17 I emailed requesting confirmation of delivery and, to date, I have received no response.

I happened to take a look at her Facebook page this a.m. and was very surprised to see many cheery posts have been made over the course of these days, advertising all the merchandise they are offering. Today, she also posted a number of pictures showing piles of boxes filled with marathon merchandise, prepped and ready to be shipped to her customers. This was the final straw for me as it seems clear that she's been quite attentive to other aspects of her business, while failing for three days in a row to deliver the gift bag I prepaid for weeks ago.

Given that, and the fact that my niece's trip ends tomorrow, I emailed requesting a refund at 4:00 a.m. this morning - now 18 hours later I have still heard nothing from her.

I was very much looking forward to surprising a wonderful little girl with the bag, and that didn't happen because this proprietor (at best) doesn't have anyone to make her deliveries when she is ill OR (at worst) she simply was bogged down with her marathon merchandise orders and decided my order was not a priority. Either way, it's a poor way to run a business and it's a shame that due to her irresponsibility, the gift never was delivered. I'm sorely disappointed that my niece didn't get her surprise but now, due to her lack of communication, I'm starting to believe my refund will be a struggle.

I'd strongly recommend you find someone else for your gift bag needs!
Sounds like your order was not a priority. Interestingly enough, I thought in the last month they just hired someone to help with their business.

Hope you are able to resolve your issue and receive a prompt and full refund. Sounds like they should send your niece a 'miss you from Mickey' gift bag for compensation.
FoundMyPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:10 PM   #6
sookie
DIS Veteran

For next time - you can do all sorts of gift bags, balloon arrangements, flower arrangements directly from Disney resorts.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/gu...ral-and-gifts/
sookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:19 PM   #7
Disneyluvr
DIS Veteran

They can be very slow! I ordered some items from her outlet run and while I paid before they shopped, it took over a month to get my items. Good thing they weren't for a special event. Try messaging her on FB
Disneyluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:37 PM   #8
MartDM
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the sympathies on my experience...I should have done a little more research before using her (and I know better than that so I'm irked with myself for that!). I have used several other companies in the past 10 years...Peg back in the day when she was doing baskets and more recently Memories by Betsy and Shirley over at the cruise port, and they've all done a wonderful job! I was sucked in by the "build your own bag" offering Disney World Shopper had, which really fit my need.

Anyway, I have some updated info. The bag did arrive...two days after it was supposed to and so late in the evening that none of the trading pins could be used until the following day - more than halfway through their trip. Sadly in order to determine this and because Amy at Disney Personal Shopper wasn't responding to my emails, I also had to reveal myself as the surprise gift giver rather than allowing it to be an anonymous surprise from Mickey & Minnie as I wanted. Very disappointing to have that magic spoiled.

Once she had delivered the bag, she finally responded to me with a snarky email stating that she fulfilled her obligation, the bag she delivered made their trip "special", and also stated that she does not regularly check her business email so I apparently had no right to expect daily communication. What a terrible business person and what abominable customer service.
MartDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:58 PM   #9
MinnieLynnie
Nerd Alert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carina View Post
I would definitely post on her FB page. Bad customer service is very frustrating, and your post on her FB page might help others.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:17 PM   #10
Minerva Mouse
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
I no longer have eyebrows. I have bushes!

Just so I understand, there are people who go into Disney and purchase park merchandise then ship it to you, or gift it to guests, correct? I had no idea, such people existed. May I be nosey, and ask what kind of markup or fee they charge for doing this?

OP, I'm sorry you had crappy service, and I know what it feels like to want to do something special for someone, just to have the entire plan burn up in smoke. You have every right to be
Minerva Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:32 PM   #11
SeaSpray

Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"

Quote:
Thanks for the sympathies on my experience...I should have done a little more research before using her (and I know better than that so I'm irked with myself for that!). I have used several other companies in the past 10 years...Peg back in the day when she was doing baskets and more recently Memories by Betsy and Shirley over at the cruise port, and they've all done a wonderful job! I was sucked in by the "build your own bag" offering Disney World Shopper had, which really fit my need.

Anyway, I have some updated info. The bag did arrive...two days after it was supposed to and so late in the evening that none of the trading pins could be used until the following day - more than halfway through their trip. Sadly in order to determine this and because Amy at Disney Personal Shopper wasn't responding to my emails, I also had to reveal myself as the surprise gift giver rather than allowing it to be an anonymous surprise from Mickey & Minnie as I wanted. Very disappointing to have that magic spoiled.

Once she had delivered the bag, she finally responded to me with a snarky email stating that she fulfilled her obligation, the bag she delivered made their trip "special", and also stated that she does not regularly check her business email so I apparently had no right to expect daily communication. What a terrible business person and what abominable customer service.
Well that really stinks!!

Thank for the warning about that company. Many times I've used Shirley, the owner of The Perfect Gift, who delivers to the cruise ships, and she's been excellent. No wonder you thought that this other company could be equally good. Don't blame yourself.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
SeaSpray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:45 PM   #12
Chokky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minerva Mouse View Post
Just so I understand, there are people who go into Disney and purchase park merchandise then ship it to you, or gift it to guests, correct? I had no idea, such people existed. May I be nosey, and ask what kind of markup or fee they charge for doing this?

OP, I'm sorry you had crappy service, and I know what it feels like to want to do something special for someone, just to have the entire plan burn up in smoke. You have every right to be
I've used 'Memories by Betsy' multiple times and she is excellent.
No mark ups on the merchandise...she just charges you a fee to put the basket together and deliver it to your resort.

Her communication is excellent and she is a very nice lady to deal with too.

Chokky
Chokky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:03 AM   #13
FoundMyPrince
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minerva Mouse View Post

I think it is now 30% plus actual shipping cost...perhaps 25%. I used them a couple yrs ago when they first began and it was 18%.
FoundMyPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 02:06 AM   #14
roliepolieoliefan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoundMyPrince View Post
I think it is now 30% plus actual shipping cost...perhaps 25%. I used them a couple yrs ago when they first began and it was 18%.
Its 30%. I was going to have her get my daughter a vera Bradley backpack when they came out.

$100 is bad enough . I wasnt spending another $40 for shipping and mark up charge.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:36 AM   #15
ronandannette
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLynnie View Post
I would definitely post on her FB page. Bad customer service is very frustrating, and your post on her FB page might help others.
That would have pushed me over the edge. Is there any way you could "cut and paste" that e-mail onto FB or Yelp? (I'm not tech savvy but I'd quickly be finding someone who was...)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: