DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2004, 08:50 PM   #91
DIZNYFAN
Registered

We pool hop quite often and we have used SAB mind you it was during Dec when you are allowed to use it. We have also used all the pools on the monorail line and some of the moderate pools to. We have never had anyone question us or look at us like we were not supposed to be there. So you just never know who is from the resort and who is not unless you put up a fence and had a key check you could never keep everyone out. Disney would also never do it and suffer the negative press etc that would surface from this.
DIZNYFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 09:08 PM   #92
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by DIZNYFAN
We pool hop quite often and we have used SAB mind you it was during Dec when you are allowed to use it. We have also used all the pools on the monorail line and some of the moderate pools to. We have never had anyone question us or look at us like we were not supposed to be there. So you just never know who is from the resort and who is not unless you put up a fence and had a key check you could never keep everyone out. Disney would also never do it and suffer the negative press etc that would surface from this.
They've already done it at times. It's gated with a key at VB and BCV does it quite often with a CM standing there checking ID's. Don't know about any other resorts. As for not caring who's a crasher, I do. Guess I'll have to get my double barrel super soaker all filled up.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-27-2004, 09:12 PM   #93
kweaver
DIS Veteran

We've been DVCers for less than a year. Pool hopping is a perk that was mentioned several times by our guide. We hope it remains a perk for a long, long time.

We hopped over the BWV during our trip and loved being able to do so. This was our first PHing experience ever. The pool was busy...or should I say lots of chairs were taken. There weren't that many people actually IN the pool. We did find one chair to throw our stuff on, which was certainly good enough for us (though it was near the mister and got all wet). I helped the kids change in the bathroom, and got a couple of odd looks from two older ladies when we came out. I'm sure they thought we were illegal pool hoppers!

I don't know that PHing necessarily costs Disney anything. I realize that some folks who paid cash at a Deluxe might feel that a pool hopper is in *their* chair...but most of the time they don't know who is pool hopping and who isn't! If we didn't hop over to BWV, we would have been using the pool at SSR...and using the same towels, lifeguards, etc. BWV got more of our $$ for beverages and snacks since we didn't drag any along with us. A plus for the bottom line at the Boardwalk!

KNWVIKING and Desperado - we're on the same team!
People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them. -- George Bernard Shaw
kweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 09:22 PM   #94
LakeAriel
DIS Veteran

Diznyfan
The security issue is that I believe a resort should know who's hanging out at their pool. They have a guest list which would give them the names of all registered guests. If something happens, be it natural or criminal incident, it is nice to nice to know who is present. Of course even if you are legally pool hopping this can be problematic. Only my opinion.
LakeAriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 10:12 PM   #95
Beca
Apparently, we all have more money than brains!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by DIZNYFAN
They have done this at Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian, just to keep out "locals"...GC opens up to DTD where people go "clubbing" and eating out a LOT in California. The fences are actually BEAUTIFUL and do not detract from the pool at ALL...just one more thing..I have NEVER seen either one of those pools "too crowded" to use. You have to have a key to open the door from the outside OR the inside. I think this cuts down on a lot of "crashers"...people are more than willing to stand on the outside of the gate and wait to get in...but, I think people find it "embarassing" to stand on the inside and wait to get out (that's just my theory).

Personally, I am for whatever adds to the "sanctity" of the resort where I am staying.

LakeAriel...others may not agree...but, I am right there with you!!!

Beca

Beca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 11:21 PM   #96
Disney Hot Mama
DIS Veteran
Onion haters unite!

Quiet pools ?

What time to the quiet pools close? We stayed at the BCV. The sign posted says the pool closes at 11 PM. The front desk told me it was opened 24 hours. It was very noisy beginning at 10:30 each night which was horrible as we were going to bed at that time. We have young kids. Next time I will ask for a room that faces Epcot however I was a bit dissapointed that the people using the pool at night were so rude.

Do we as members have any say so in the pool hours?

Disneyland at least monthly BUT WDW July 16 - 22, 2011, June 21 - 29, 2009 - AKL and VWL here we come! OKW 2008, 2007, 2005, 2004, 2003 & 2002 , 1999 - FW & numerous trips as a kid!
Disney Hot Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 05:16 AM   #97
Uncleromulus

DIS Veteran

Not really.
And most times Disney resort CM's and security will do little or nothing to remove these sort of "guests".
Which is why we NEVER, EVER accept any room near a pool.
You'll find that many times entire families will take over these "quiet" pools and act just as obnoxious as they would at home. Some of the wost behavior we've seen at WDW has occured at these pools.
Vacation Club since 1992
Next trip-- Fantasy Cruise on 11/1 14!!
60 previous visits to WDW!!!
Uncleromulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 06:40 AM   #98
crisi
DIS Veteran

There are a couple different debates going on here.

I don't think Disney should remove the DVC pool hopping perk until they have fixed the local/other resort guest/day guest pool crashing problem. Gates or wristbands or.....

I think that if they remove the pool crashing problem and they STILL have an overcrowding issue because when the perk was created there were very few DVC rooms and now there are thousands, then they should evaluate removing the DVC perk.

While I don't WANT to see the perk go away, I'd rather enjoy the pool for the resort I stay at in uncrowded (or the least possible crowded comfort) than be able to hop. I also think that is more fair. It isn't like a WL guest can hop because DVC members are crowding their pool.
crisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 07:15 AM   #99
TheWho
DIS Veteran
preachin' from my chair

How about the other side?

Let me take the side of the resort guest (I am a DVC member who has never bothered to pool hop).

Maybe the resort guests don't like us coming into their pools? I say this, because I stayed recently at the Poly and it was extremely crowded in the mid-afternoon. I thought, all of these people must not be from this resort, it's just too crowded. NOW, I'm sure the pool crashing problem there is locals who can park, go to MK, and swim for free. However, the pool was so packed that ONE legal DVC hopper was too much. Afterall, I'm now the resort guest paying $300 a night wanting to enjoy the resort pool.

The real answer is enforcing the current rules. Let us hop where appropriate and kick out the others.

just a thought....

TheWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 07:27 AM   #100
LakeAriel
DIS Veteran

I agree Dave, 100%

Thanks Beca.
The way I look at it, "The Land of Make Believe" is Disney World, not DC!
LakeAriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 08:08 AM   #101
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

I suspect this might also be a seasonal problem. We often go to the hot tubs at the OKW quiet pools at around 10 pm. We are almost always there by ourselves, which is why we like to go at that time. That being said, we are usually travelling in December and January, so that may have something to do with the lack of guests.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:10 AM   #102
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

That probably part of the reason that Disney has changed the name from "Quiet" to "Leisure" Pool.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 08:11 AM   #103
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

I thought they were calling them "neighborhood" pools. That is probably more appropriate for OKW though.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:25 AM   #104
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

IMHO, if you encounter unacceptable levels of noise coming from the pool area after 10 pm (posted close time), you should call the front desk and complain.

At BWV, we were told that we could use the pools/hot tubs on a 24 hour basis, but that if guests complained about noise late at night, we would be asked to leave. FWIW, I have witnessed noisy guests being removed from the quiet pool at BWV and I'm quite sure it was due to other guests' complaints.

Best wishes -

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 08:29 AM   #105
sheryl0521
DIS Veteran

I don't know if this has been mentioned already - but I find it funny that the two guests that pool hopped to BWV - were staying at the two hotels that other DVC members can NOT pool hop to - BCV & AKL.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: