DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2004, 06:31 PM   #76
jel0511
DIS Veteran

Hi again! This is the original poster to this thread and I wanted to clear a few things up. First off, the BCV guests who did pool hop to Luna Park didn't bother me, it just amazed me that there were so many with SAB at their disposal. The two illegal pool hoppers did bother me, since on this particular day, the pool was out of chairs and loungers by 11AM. These people were taking space up for BWV guests who wanted to sit down, but couldn't because they were using the space. I admit I should have said something to the lifeguard, but in general don't like to make waves, so I usually don't. I in no way wanted this to become a debate about pool hopping, I just wanted to share what I thought was a funny story and post my feelings about it. I also didn't want this to become a debate about social classes or what has happened to WDW since the Values have opened. Please take that into account when posting a response to this thread.!! Thanks and now back to your regularly scheduled Dis'ing.
Cont 6/93 Poly 9/96 ASMo 8/00 DVC Member 6/01 VWL 8/01 Poly Concierge 12/01 GF RPC - YC - VWL 7/02 Disney Wonder 11/03/02 AKL Concierge-VWL 2/03 Poly-BCV 7/03 GF-BWV 7/04 Disney Magic 11/06/04 Grand Californian Concierge - Disney Magic 7/09/05 BWV - VWL 4/06 POP 08/06 SSR 11/06 SSR 3/07 AKV 3/08 BWV 12/08 HRH-Disney Magic 8/29/09 BLT 3/10 10 night Med Magic 8/18/10 AKV - Disney Dream 4/17/11 Alaskan Wonder 8/23/11 SSR - Disney Fantasy Inaugural Sailing 3/31/12 GCV - Aulani 7/12 VWL 3/13 Disney MAGICal Med to Venice 6/27/13 BWV 10/13 Disney Magic 1/2/14 GFV - OKW 4/14 Disney Magic 04/25/14 Art of Animation 11/14 SSR - Disney Dream 04/03/15 Magic in the Baltic July 10, 2015
jel0511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 06:37 PM   #77
LakeAriel
DIS Veteran

I bought memebership into the VWL because I love it there. I have no need to hop to another pool. Pool time is down time, time to relax. I save my to schlepping for the parks. I think discontinuing this perk may be the only way to stop everybody in Orlando using pools that are exclusively for resort guests. I don't see any reason to share this pool, these people don't share my labor that paid for me to swim there! Sorry. Maybe they can substitute another perk to replace that. Perhaps fast passes or a better discount on park passes?
LakeAriel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-27-2004, 06:56 PM   #78
DIZNYFAN
Registered

Exatly my point Lake Ariel you worked hard for the money to buy your membership just as others have worked hard for the money to pay cash for their Disney holiday again what makes us better or more deserving than they are nothing as I see it.
DIZNYFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 07:14 PM   #79
LakeAriel
DIS Veteran

Your missing the point. We all have to live within our means. I have stayed offsite because that is all I could afford. I enjoyed my trip and wouldn't think of going to another resort to swim! I now have worked longer and INVESTED nearly $20,000 into Disney. I have prepaid for my accomodations for the next 40 years. Disney is using my money to build more resorts. I can therefore stay in a luxury resort. Every one should enjoy their hard earned wages and spend them the way they choose. I chose to do this for myself and family to enjoy the perks of a deluxe resort. If you are illegally pool hopping you need to be asked to leave. I don't expect to be able to take a nap in the Grand Floridian without paying for it. I can't expect to spend three weeks in a one bedroom at VWL because I don't have enough points. That's life.
Old 07-27-2004, 07:37 PM   #80
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by LakeAriel
I bought memebership into the VWL because I love it there. I have no need to hop to another pool. Pool time is down time, time to relax. I save my to schlepping for the parks. I think discontinuing this perk may be the only way to stop everybody in Orlando using pools that are exclusively for resort guests. I don't see any reason to share this pool, these people don't share my labor that paid for me to swim there! Sorry. Maybe they can substitute another perk to replace that. Perhaps fast passes or a better discount on park passes?
Unfortunately the reverse is true. Not being able to stop crashers are the reason the perk is in jeopardy. If they stop PH, they will have the same problem, it just won't be a DVC problem other than at the resort they are staying at.
Old 07-27-2004, 07:41 PM   #81
Dopey's twin Dippy
DIS Veteran

Thumbs down

we have gone at least 8 - 9 times to disney. couple of times also off site. we STAY at the ALL STARS because i dont really want to PAY $$$$$$$ for a room cause we are hardly there. i would never ever judge anyone by where they stay at Disney. actually i have better things to do with my time. Also , a note how about when we have to STAND on the busses when the REGUALAR OUTSIDE people that go to disney for the day ALSO get to RIDE or STAND on busses. I think theyshould have more bene . for people staying on property. but that is everyones choicr right. I go with my family to ENJOY and get away from it all. we should all NOT SWEAT THE SAMLL STUFF................
Dopey's twin Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 07:43 PM   #82
Dopey's twin Dippy
DIS Veteran

Talking

sorry that was supposed to be DONT SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF. sorry my dd phoned and i messed up............
Dopey's twin Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 08:04 PM   #83
DIZNYFAN
Registered

Well put Dopey I agree it really isn't worth getting worked up over itis after all only a swimming pool.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:36 PM   #84
LakeAriel
DIS Veteran

I respect your decision to stay at All Stars. Why not? You enjoy that theme and don't want to spend the extra on the room. That's your right. I have a friend that loves the Boardwalk. I like the woodsy atmosphere. Fine. I just don't expect to get GF benefits at VWL. As for small stuff. I stayed for 8 days at AKL with my daughter and granddaughter. I repeat, not once were we able to sit by the pool. So everyday, as my 7 year old granddaughter swam we had to be standing there watching when we weren't in the water! Now if they were remiss in planning and didn't have enough seats I would blame the lodge. However I clearly watched people get off the Animal Kingdom bus with their towels and use the pool. That is just wrong and not small stuff. That resort is very expensive, cash OR points, and guests do come first. Besides being very inconvenient it is also a security risk to allow people to park at Animal Kingdom , hop a free Disney bus, and go onto resort property to use the facilities..
Old 07-27-2004, 09:12 PM   #85
DIZNYFAN
Registered

Yes but that is no different from anything else like the Disney transportation people come in and park at DTD orwherever and use the buses to get to parks and resorts etc to avoid paying for parking and so on. I honestly see no problem with it as I said it is only a pool so what if others use it. I honestly can't be worried about some family dropping in to check out the pool at our resort because they were hot and wanted to take a dip. Maybe after they go for a swim they will go into Olivias and have dinner so they are spending money at the resort no different than us going to chef Mickeys and having dinner then going for a swim.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:15 PM   #86
JimC
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I respect your decision to stay at All Stars. Why not? You enjoy that theme and don't want to spend the extra on the room. That's your right. I have a friend that loves the Boardwalk. I like the woodsy atmosphere. Fine. I just don't expect to get GF benefits at VWL. As for small stuff. I stayed for 8 days at AKL with my daughter and granddaughter. I repeat, not once were we able to sit by the pool. So everyday, as my 7 year old granddaughter swam we had to be standing there watching when we weren't in the water! Now if they were remiss in planning and didn't have enough seats I would blame the lodge. However I clearly watched people get off the Animal Kingdom bus with their towels and use the pool. That is just wrong and not small stuff. That resort is very expensive, cash OR points, and guests do come first. Besides being very inconvenient it is also a security risk to allow people to park at Animal Kingdom , hop a free Disney bus, and go onto resort property to use the facilities..
Agree.
WDW - All Star Movies (Fantasia), Animal Kingdom Lodge (3), Animal Kingdom Villas (Jambo House-2, Kidani Village-6), Bay Lake Towers (7), Beach Club, Beach Club Villas (8), Boardwalk Villas, Contemporary (2), Caribbean Beach (Aruba-2, Jamaica-2), Coronado Springs (Casitas-3), Dixie Landings (Bayou), Disney Institute (Villas-3), Grand Floridian (Sago Cay), Old Key West (5), Polynesian (Figi), Port Orleans, Saratoga Springs (Carousel, Congress Park, Grandstand-2, Paddock, Springs, Treehouse Villas), Villas at Grand Floridian, Villas at Wilderness Lodge (5), Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, Other (Cypress Harbour-6, Doubletree Castle, Renaissance WorldGate, Village [Royal Plaza, Pickett Suite])
DCL - Dream (2/11 4, 10/11 3, 2/12 4, 5/13 4, 5/14 4), Fantasy (11/13 Eastern, 10/14 Western), Magic (6/99 4, 5/05 Panama Canal, 9/08 5, 11/10 Eastern, 10/11 Western), Wonder (12/06 4, 9/09 4, 5/12 Alaska)
DL - Grand Californian (4), Villas Grand Californian (3), Marriott
Other DVC - Hilton Head, Vero Beach (6)
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 09:21 PM   #87
Desperado
Registered

Quote:
I agree with your post, but certainly not with your signature. Disney needs to address the problem with pool crashers. If it's AKL, it's not DVC pool hoppers causing the problem.
Desperado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 09:31 PM   #88
DIZNYFAN
Registered

I have to question the security reason though. I do realize that there are unsavory people everywhere but they could also be DVC members and we would never know it. So to say it is a security risk for non members to be there is kind of silly. Sorry to point this out but you never know who could cause a security risk it could be your neighbour and you would never know it till the cops show up and take them away. So if it is felt non members were the problem then would it not or could it not be said that DVC members could cause some issues also just some food for thought.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:34 PM   #89
KNWVIKING
Registered

RE:....but certainly not with your signature.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

There, that's a load off my back.
KNWVIKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 09:35 PM   #90
Desperado
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by DIZNYFAN
I agree with HUFF the PHing was a big plus for our family. We all love to swim and love the pools no matter where we are staying at Disney. If they have issues with it big deal no different than any other thing in the time share world. I find this funny that people think we should be treated better than otehr guests at WDW because we are members of DVC. Honestly they the cash paying guests should get some preferential treatment when you look at what they are spending for a vacation compared to what the vast majority of DVC members spend. Yes we paid a membership fee as it would be for this but come on to get better treatment or preferential treatment is to much. Get real folks the pools will always be used by other guests than those of us staying t that resort so should we also get rid of the water mouse rentals and so on just like the pass discounts why do we deserve them over other guests it all comes back to the we are members and we deserve it. Well no we are members but are no better than cash paying guests we just chose a different way of paying for our vacations to Disney.
Well, if I understand some of the convoluted rationalizing your attempting to convey, I must say that I dissagree completely. As a DVC member, we purchased the priviledge of pool hopping with our DVC membership. If you are staying at a resort on cash, you did not purchase the priviledge of going to the pool of a different resort other than the one you are paying cash at. It's not a matter of expecting "preferential treatment" or "we are members and we deserve it" it is a matter of purchasing the priviledge as spelled out in our purchase agreements with DVC. it is not a matter of anyone being better than a "cash paying guests', they just did not purchase the priviledge of pool hopping through their purchase. Should someone who purchased a one day pass be allowed to enter the parks on the second day without purchasing another pass? Should someone who purchased a one day, one park pass be allowed to park hop, when they didn't purchase that option? Absolutely not.

It is wrong for local pool crashers to use Disney resort pools when not staying at the resorts. It is wrong for someone staying at all stars to use the deluxe resort pools. Both those offenders who are stealing services should be removed if not prosecuted for tresspassing.

We don't pool hop, although we'd like to see the priviledge remain. We also don't drop in to our local hotels and use thier pools without paying for a room, or use someone elses car, house or pool without thier invitation and permission, 'cause it ain't right to do so. We don't use the pools of local country clubs where we are not members, we dont use the exercise equipment of local health clubs where we are not members, we don't drop in and use the pools of local apartment complexes where we are not renting an apartment. It would be stealing. It's really not a hard concept to grasp. I don't understand why the rules would be diffferent just because it is Disney.

Last edited by Desperado; 07-28-2004 at 06:18 AM.
Desperado is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: