DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2003, 09:31 AM   #31
Terry S

DVC Member - BCV
Cinderella's twin sister

We have never pool hopped and I don't think we ever will. I hate dragging all the junk down to the pool at our own resort, let alone another one!
Old 11-03-2003, 04:57 PM   #32
colleen costello
Is in a "just back from OKW and why can't I live there all the time?" depression

Terry, it is therefore good you own at BCV, where you have access to the "best" pool to begin with! When we stay at BCV we usually never pool hop!
colleen costello is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2003, 06:13 PM   #33
slp87
DIS Veteran

We did once to CSR and to BCV before it became restricted. We might in the future, but our DD likes the BW pool so much that we don't need to waste the time going somewhere else to swim unless we're going to another resort to eat.

Behind the Seeds Tour '09
slp87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 06:10 AM   #34
jel0511
DIS Veteran

Interesting Pool hopping story

Well, pool hopping for DVC members is allowed, but not allowed for other WDW guests. While staying at BWV's last week, we saw what I'll assume was MANY BCV guests (they had brought their BC refillable mugs with them) enjoying Luna Park legally. The funniest thing was TWO different people came up to either myself or DH and said, this place is GREAT!!! We should have stayed here! The person who approached me was staying at AKL, and wasn't even hiding it, since she was drinking out of her AKL mug. The person who approached was even funnier. We were waiting for our kids to come down Keister Coaster. Well, after this person got off the slide, he approached my DH and asked, "What is the name of this hotel, it's GREAT!" He didn't even take the time to figure out what the name of the hotel, he was using the pool at. It was pretty funny. Even though I felt like I should report them to the lifeguard, I didn't feel like being a tattletale. It was pretty funny, and I think I'll send an e-mail to MS to alert them to this and hopefully they'll follow up with BWV and tell them to check at all, for ID's. The pool was fairly crowded on these days, with no more pool chairs or tables available. There were signs up all week, stating that Luna Park was for the exclusive use of Boardwalk guests.
Cont 6/93 Poly 9/96 ASMo 8/00 DVC Member 6/01 VWL 8/01 Poly Concierge 12/01 GF RPC - YC - VWL 7/02 Disney Wonder 11/03/02 AKL Concierge-VWL 2/03 Poly-BCV 7/03 GF-BWV 7/04 Disney Magic 11/06/04 Grand Californian Concierge - Disney Magic 7/09/05 BWV - VWL 4/06 POP 08/06 SSR 11/06 SSR 3/07 AKV 3/08 BWV 12/08 HRH-Disney Magic 8/29/09 BLT 3/10 10 night Med Magic 8/18/10 AKV - Disney Dream 4/17/11 Alaskan Wonder 8/23/11 SSR - Disney Fantasy Inaugural Sailing 3/31/12 GCV - Aulani 7/12 VWL 3/13 Disney MAGICal Med to Venice 6/27/13 BWV 10/13 Disney Magic 1/2/14 GFV - OKW 4/14 Disney Magic 04/25/14 Art of Animation 11/14 SSR - Disney Dream 04/03/15 Magic in the Baltic July 10, 2015
jel0511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 06:19 AM   #35
Pa@okw95
DIS Veteran

It just shows me how far down WDW has fallen in the past years. They opened up the place to everyone when they built those value resorts. People should know better but they do not of course. Pools are only for the guests of that hotel-resort, some people just do not care. They should end pool hopping and put a fense around all the pools with a key needed to enter.
Pa@okw95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 06:31 AM   #36
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Have to agree with this one. Surely Disney could come up with a way to give fencing a wonderful themed look. Then you would need your room key to enter. I really don't think that many DVCers actually pool-hop, so it wouldn't be so awful if they ended that perk.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:40 AM   #37
1SickPupe
Support Our Troops

I think the wrist bands would do. Show your room key or DVC membership card and get a wrist band.

Me DW DD (21) FERGUS FIONA MADISON BUNRATTY JERSEY

Days Inn ~ 73,74
Holiday Inn Express ~ 00
Coronado Springs ~ 03
Saratoga Springs ~ 11.14
Boardwalk Villas ~ 04,06,08,09,12, 13,15
Animal Kingdom ~ 14

1SickPupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 06:40 AM   #38
JimFitz
possum chauffeur
Always find out who the poop belongs to...
My head said "run like the wind Fat Man"

Pool Hopping needs to be banned.

Live a Good Life & Keep Moving Forward
JimFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 03:38 PM   #39
GoodFairies
Not a Taheen
Poor? Maybe. Tagless? Not anymore!
people probably always wonder why I'm staring into my purse

Quote:
Originally posted by Pa@okw95
They opened up the place to everyone when they built those value resorts.
The OP reported hoppers from BC and AKL, which, last time I checked, are not value resorts.
GoodFairies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 03:50 PM   #40
CapeCodFam
DIS Veteran

Wrist bands would be great!!!! While we haven't hopped as yet, it's a great perk. It's also quite enjoyable, at the pool, to discuss DVC resorts with other members.

Heck, if you're not happy with the level of exclusivity, I'd be glad to buy your points.

CapeCodFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 03:56 PM   #41
kathleena
Because everyone needs a Fairy Godmother
All fairies are friends!

The addition of wrist band and gates and such would add to resort prices and maintenance fees. Although I think adding wrist bands to all hotel pools with slides would be prudent during certain times of the year, it's not really needed all year.

But for the busier times, the many, many DVC members who love this perk could enjoy the pools and slides without being hampered by other resort and park guests who are not polite enough to follow posted rules.

As a BWV owner, I'm not so concerned about overloaded pools as to want to pay for the additional cost of year-round "protection" against squatters.

Funny story anyway. But give me extra pool people over the smokers that smoke in the non-smoking areas anyday.

I had to turn 58, so I did it on the Disney Dream Inaugural Cruise!

kathleena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 04:44 PM   #42
LisaSt
Registered

Since when does staying at a value resort make you any less of a guest than somone staying at AKL or BC or CR? I think that comment was pretty derogatory as my wife and I are DVC members and still love to stay at All Stars so does that make us less deserving no I don not think so. Get a grip as was mentioned the offenders were from AKL and BC so far from any value resort.
LisaSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 05:04 PM   #43
SSRex
Mouseketeer

I know what they meant......

We stayed one night at the Pop Century before moving over to BCV for 5 days and we both commented on what a different crowd there was at the Beach Club. You get what you pay for and I also felt that pool hopping was not a priviledge afforded only to DVC members, but also any dishonest or illiterate people (based on not being able to read the signs posted at Luna Pool). Kind of makes me think of Ellis Is. immigants verses illegal aliens.
Disney appears to be policing the pool gates like our government watches the borders. I had to send my kids to find someone to give them a wrist band at SAB. I was very upset at no restriction to enter. If pool hopping ends it will only be over for honest DVC members, not the rest of the pool crashers that are not checked.

1976 - 2003 10 trips staying at:
Ft. Wilderness; Contempory; Grand Floridian; Carribean Beach; Port Orleans; Off Site condo; Poly;
All Star Sports; All Star Music;
2004 - 1st trip as DVC owners @ SSR
SSRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 05:11 PM   #44
KNWVIKING
Registered

***" Even though I felt like I should report them to the lifeguard, I didn't feel like being a tattletale."***

WE have to start being TATTLETALE's !!!

It doesn't do a darn bit of good to complain about it here. E-mails aren't the answer either. Tell a lifeguard or CM. Make them address the problem then and there. If they don't, get a manager. If other parasites see people getting thrown out, maybe the embarrasment would make them think twice.
KNWVIKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 05:14 PM   #45
ripleysmom
Lucas and Ripley's mom!

Seems to me that it's the people who stay at the Deluxes that think they are all that and a bag of chips. I guess it must be that "I am paying a lot of money to WDW for my room so I am entitled to poolhop" mentality.
ripleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: