DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2003, 10:57 PM   #16
DeeP
Registered

Let me preface this with the fact that I am a real pool lover and regularly use the pools at all the WDW resorts I stay at. I have stayed in every WDW resort but GF, Disney Inn/Shades of Green and the now closed Disney Village/Disney Institute. So I have had the opportunity to experience the vast majority of WDW pools while a guest at the resort. Many WDW resorts I have stayed at numerous times and had the chance to enjoy the resort's pools on many occasions.
The only pool I have ever thought was worth pool hopping to and have pool hopped to is SAB. I absolutely love this pool. Since we stay at our home resort BWV a lot it was always very easy to pool hop to SAB prior to the ending of pool hopping. I was sorry to see pool hopping ended at SAB but I know I can always stay at BCV to use the pool and I have done this and will continue to do this.
To be perfectly honest, once SAB was no longer included in the DVC pool hopping options, pool hopping became a non issue for me. For me, no other WDW resort pool is worth the extra effort to pool hop to.
However, I hate to see a DVC benefit taken away from members. But I think it is only a matter of time before pool hopping for DVC members will go the way of the dinosaur.
DeeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 01:06 AM   #17
CaptainMidnight
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by DeeP
However, I hate to see a DVC benefit taken away from members.....
Agreed. We haven't don eit, but down the road pool hopping to Poly or Contemporary as a nice afternoon break from teh parks would seem a real plus and an option I'd like to keep for when the kids get older.

We enjoy SAB too.
CaptainMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2003, 06:05 AM   #18
Uncleromulus

DIS Veteran

We always pool hop--haven't been in the main pool at OKW for about 7 years now. As "main" pools go, it's pretty pathetic.
Vacation Club since 1992
Next trip-- Fantasy Cruise on 11/1 14!!
60 previous visits to WDW!!!
Uncleromulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 06:47 AM   #19
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

When we first joined DVC, son and husband had to hop to SAB at least twice each trip. We now own points at BCV for SAB only (I can take it or leave it, but they love it). We have hopped over to WL pool (we also have points there) while we were staying at OKW. But we will spend a lot of evenings over at the pool at whatever DVC we stay at.

We don't pool hop as much any more. We just change our DVC resort we are staying at to get another pool feel.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 04:34 PM   #20
cubsfan
This is next year!
I am very patient because I'm a Cubs fan!

Pool Hopping

Granny -
Thanks for the great idea! On our next visit, we will do the MK in the morning, yellow monorails ( do they still call them that?) by the Poly pool in the afternoon, and then back to the park for the evening.

....for it's: ONE! TWO!! THREE STRIKES, YOU'RE OUT!!! at the old...ball...game!!!! LET'S GET SOME RUNS!!!!!
cubsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 05:13 PM   #21
cheyita
If you believe in the Tag Fairy, you belong
It IS a small world, after all!
If you ride the wildest ride in the wilderness, look for my DIS button!

Being owners at BCV, I don't see a need to pool hop. But who knows...after we go to WDW once a year for the next 10 or 15 years, maybe we'll be interested in checking out other pools. But like others have said, we can experience those pools by staying at those resorts, or we can hit the water parks.

I think it's harmless to keep it as a perk for the once in a while people do use it.
Old 11-01-2003, 05:49 PM   #22
joepoe
DVC BWV 98 OKW 02

because of all the pool hoppers

Quote:
Originally posted by Mickey527
I pool hopped once but it was so much trouble to drag the suits all over, and change out of the wet suits in the bathroom that I never did it again. It is so much easier to just go up to your room and shower before changing into clean clothing. But we wanted to check out the new Poly pool. I didn't like to, too crowded and small.
... Peggie
We never pool hop. In fact, I get kind of aggravated when the BWV pool is crowded during my stay. These pools aren't big enought to accomodate hoppers, and Disney generally does a poor job of keeping others out, since no one seems to be in charge at Luna Park Pool.

Go Go White Sox
joepoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 05:56 PM   #23
joepoe
DVC BWV 98 OKW 02

Re: Pool Hopping

Quote:
Originally posted by cubsfan
Granny -
Thanks for the great idea! On our next visit, we will do the MK in the morning, yellow monorails ( do they still call them that?) by the Poly pool in the afternoon, and then back to the park for the evening.
And I am sure not everyone showers off the theme park grime before they hop in.

I am sure YOU do, cubsfan (go Fish)

Go Go White Sox
joepoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 06:44 PM   #24
cubsfan
This is next year!
I am very patient because I'm a Cubs fan!

"And I am sure not everyone showers off the theme park grime before they hop in.

I am sure YOU do, cubsfan (go Fish)"

I know for certain they have standing showers at BWV.....I assume they have them at the Poly also. And what's this? a Marlins fan in Gurnee? A friend of Steve's, are ya?

....for it's: ONE! TWO!! THREE STRIKES, YOU'RE OUT!!! at the old...ball...game!!!! LET'S GET SOME RUNS!!!!!
cubsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 07:01 PM   #25
DVCPAT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by cheyita
after we go to WDW once a year for the next 10 or 15 years, maybe we'll be interested in checking out other pools. But like others have said, we can experience those pools by staying at those resorts, or we can hit the water parks.

I think it's harmless to keep it as a perk for the once in a while people do use it.

I agree,

Our kids have been going to WDW since birth and they love to swim. We don’t spend as much time in the theme parks as we have in the past. My kids seem to enjoy WDW recreation activities like horseback riding, boating, water parks, etc.

Pool hopping is a nice way to relax and enjoy the atmosphere at other deluxe resorts. We enjoy the theme parks more, when we visit them less.
DVCPAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 05:09 AM   #26
Ms. WDW
DIS Veteran Who Won't Grow Up!
Dodging the Boardwalk surrey bikes is a thrill ride in itself!

We've never done it either! I think that by the time we get to the pool in the afternoon, we're all just so happy to be off our feet!!

Now next trip DH will be with us. First time seeing "his investiment" since we purchased in '98. So there will be plenty of "down time" and maybe we'll check out some other pools.

Ms. WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 07:15 AM   #27
zillow
Mouseketeer

Didn't think that I would use the privilege but it actually worked out well on our last trip. We stayed at VWL but my daughter (4)wanted to do Grand Adventures in Cooking at the Grand Floridian and I have a 1.5 year old son. We used the zero entry pool while my daughter was at the class - then we all swam after. The zero entry is perfect for young children. My daughter can swim under water but not tread water yet so she needs to be able to stand when she comes up. My son needs very shallow water so this way they could both use the same pool at the same time and this let me swim around them without having to hold either of them. GF has a wonderful changing house with showers, etc. - really nice! We still love the VWL pool but the zero entry definitely works better at these ages so I would pool hop again. BTW, when we were there, there were only 4 other people in the pool and I did call ahead to make sure that it was ok.
Old 11-02-2003, 07:51 AM   #28
RLevy29
Vacation Lover

We usually combine pool hopping with having lunch at whatever resort we go to. As a DVC member, I would hate to see this perk vanish especially since I don't think that DVC members are the ones that cause over crowding at the pools.
RLevy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 07:52 AM   #29
icydog
DIS Veteran

I'm lost. I have been moving and therefore lost track of the Dis. What's all the discussion about? Has anyone at Disney said there was going to be an end to pool hopping? What's this I read, no pool hopping to SSR? Please catch me up!
Marylyn
icydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 09:18 AM   #30
baileybrad
and Casey, too!

Only when at OKW....

several years ago we would PH to SAB once a trip and more recently to the Poly because of lack of a slide or any kid special water features at the OKW resorts pools. Recently, we were at BCV the week of 10/18 - 10/25 and used SAB 3 times, twice for about 2 hours and once just for a few quick trips down the slide for the 6 year old. Our kids enjoyed digging in the "sand" more than anything else. The rest of our stay we used the pool at BCV because of convenience to the room....... w/3 kids under the age of 6 we haul quite a bit of stuff to the pool.
baileybrad is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: