DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 09:51 PM   #1
Cyndibear
I love my DVC's!!!!

Question about a 2 year old child.....

Hi!

We have a family trip planned for September 2013. This will be our first time traveling with little children and we don't have children ourselves so I am a little lost on this. My Neice will be 2 years old but will turn 3 while on the trip. We arrive August 31st and her Birthday is September 4, we leave September 7. Will we need to buy a park pass for her? How does Disney know she is only 2? Do they need to see a birth certificate as proof upon check in?

Thanks for any help.

Cyndi
Old 01-29-2013, 10:05 PM   #2
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

For purposes of pricing and tickets, a child is considered to be the age they were at check-in for the entire trip. Even though her birthday occurs while you're there, you do not need to buy her a park ticket. If you add a dining plan to your reservation, you don't need to pay for her to be on it. She's permitted to eat off an adult's plate.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 10:08 PM   #3
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndibear View Post
Hi!

We have a family trip planned for September 2013. This will be our first time traveling with little children and we don't have children ourselves so I am a little lost on this. My Neice will be 2 years old but will turn 3 while on the trip. We arrive August 31st and her Birthday is September 4, we leave September 7. Will we need to buy a park pass for her? How does Disney know she is only 2? Do they need to see a birth certificate as proof upon check in?

Thanks for any help.

Cyndi
Disney will know her age by whatever DOB you provide. We went twice before our youngest was 3 (15 months and 2.5 years) and neither had questions nor had to provide birth certificates. They still issued her a KTTW card as well. I'm not sure how Disney will process this since she technically turns 3 during the trip.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:44 AM   #4
bgraham34
Wilderness Lodger

BirdsofPreyDave is correct. Since they are checking in before the birthday they do not have to pay for her.

bgraham34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:51 AM   #5
k3chantal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi!

Thanks for any help.

Cyndi
Yup, you are fine! Disney will not require you to show any proof of her age. Don't stress. She is two upon check in; you are fine
k3chantal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:07 AM   #6
cheezNE1
member since 2006

Quote:
Hi!

Thanks for any help.

Cyndi
Hey, she looks 2 to me.

deep thoughts-During the Middle Ages, probably one of the biggest mistakes was not putting on your armor because you were "just going down to the corner."
cheezNE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:25 PM   #7
Cyndibear
I love my DVC's!!!!

Thanks for the quick responses the help. Saves that family a little money since they also have a 4 year old to buy a pass for.

Cyndi
Old 01-30-2013, 10:04 PM   #8
myzel
Mouseketeer

Remember to add a special occasion for their B'day. Get a Birthday pin from Guest services make sure you let them know at check in, there may be a Birthday card from Mickey in your room on their B'day. We have gotten Birthday cards and Anniversary cards on different occasions.
myzel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: