Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 12:46 PM   #91
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

Bumping!!!

Carol
Old 01-24-2006, 12:55 PM   #92
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!

Here is a link with some room location information about All-Star Movies

http://www.haysllc.com/Disneyworld/...LayoutLarge.jpg

Here is a link with some room location information about Pop Century

http://www.haysllc.com/Disneyworld/P...ayoutLarge.jpg

Carol
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2006, 08:54 PM   #93
thedisneymom
I call 'em as I see 'em! Still wishes on stars! Lives for Club!!

BCV23
Do you remember what type of beds/daybeds the 2 rooms handicapped had at GF? Thanks!

"It has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement- I knew when I was a kid."
-Walt Disney
Old 04-12-2006, 01:11 PM   #94
BillSears
DIS Veteran

Bumping this up so we don't lose the information. Maybe it should be a sticky?
CR-77, Travelodge(DTD)-81, Poly-92, SOG-96, Offsite-97, ASMu-98, POR-03, Vistana Resort-04, WL-Sept 2006! CSR-December 2006, Pop-May 2007(first solo trip!), CSR-Sept 2007(Solo trip), and offsite-May-2008 visited Universal, SeaWorld, KSC and a couple of days at WDW. WL-March 2009 I turned 50 in WDW! May-10 Pop, Oct 2010- Pop for first F&W, Dec 2010-Pop for Christmas stuff, May 2011-POFQ. Pop Aug -14, Pop Sept-14, Pop Dec-14 and Pop May-15! Trip report from 1997:http://www.mouseplanet.com/dtp/trip....97/sears97.htm
Old 04-12-2006, 02:09 PM   #95
Ali and boyz
DIS Veteran

anybody got any links or pictures of the fully accessable units at SSR

thanks

Old 04-12-2006, 03:10 PM   #96
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSears
Bumping this up so we don't lose the information. Maybe it should be a sticky?
No fear of losing it.

There is a link to this thread in the post about resort information on the disABILITIES FAQs thread.

I also have some ways of getting to things that have disappeared off the visible pages of this board (I have secret ways to enter the invisible space).

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
Old 04-12-2006, 03:34 PM   #97
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammySB
Could anyone point me in the right direction. My mother has a prosthetic leg and they are interested in staying at the Fort Wilderness campground in there RV, she is concerned with the amoung of walking to get to bus stops and the food area. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated or you could PM me. Thank You!!
Fort Wilderness is accessible with their pathways and the way the campsites are situated, but distances can be a problem.

Your could check into renting a golf cart for getting around Ft. Wilderness and that would cut down on some of the walking to the bus stop and some of the internal walking from the bus stop to Trails End.

Also she could look into renting an ECV to scoot around Ft. Wilderness. They are slower than the golf carts, but she could skip the internal busses and just scoot around the campground to the external buses and also use it in the parks. (FYI, I use one to scoot around Ft. Wilderness and between waiting on the bus, the multiple internal stops on the bus, I beat the bus to both Outpost and Settlement from Loop 1500 just about every time.)

You can also request a site near a bus stop, but then you might be far away from a comfort station, and that won't alleviate the walk from the bus stop to Trails End or the Trading Post.
Old 04-12-2006, 04:27 PM   #98
SueM in MN

DISboards Moderator

I don't remember if this is already in here or not, but room 4815 is an accessible Grand Villa (GV) at OKW. GVs have 3 bedrooms and 4 baths and can sleep up to 12 people.

You enter the GV right from ground level. The front door had a high and low viewer to look outside the door and there was a doorbell (a loud buzzer rang when the doorbell was pushed). There is plenty of manouvering space and my DD's wheelchair fit under all the tables without swinging away her armrests (the height of her armrests is about 27 and 3/4 inches from the floor). The kitchen has a roll under sink (because of that, it has shallower than usual sinks and has no garbage disposal). The stove has controls on the front.
The Master bed is about 6 inches lower than usual. It was approximately the level of the top of the seat on my DD's wheelchair (about 23 inches). The master bath had a roll under sink, toilet and a roll in shower with a fold down seat in the same room. There was also a 2nd showerhead which could be either used as a handhead showerhead or attached to a bar in the shower that allowed the height to be adjusted. There was a whirlpool and a sink in the other part of the bathroom, along with a closet, which had a lower bar and shelf that would be accessible from a wheelchair. A wheelchair could be driven up right next to the whirlpool and there was a sitting position right at the outside corner.
There was a 2nd bathroom with a walk in shower on the main floor. That bathroom was not accessible. The stairway to get upstairs had rails on both sides and had a landing halfway up (which was appreciated by my MIL and FIL who benefitted from both). The top floor had 2 bedrooms, with their own baths. The smaller bedroom (at the top of the stairs) had 2 full size beds. The other bedroom was a lot larger and had 2 queen beds, plus a lounge chair. Since the upstairs is only accessible by stairs, it is not wheelchair accessible.

The bus stop was right across the street from our front door and there were several handicapped parking spots near our front door.

Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
Old 04-29-2006, 06:55 PM   #99
SueM in MN

DISboards Moderator

bumping thread back to top

Old 04-29-2006, 07:19 PM   #100
samkj
I LOVE changing them for the holidays
I love living in CA!!

Quote:
I have secret ways to enter the invisible space
OHHHHHH! That sounds so secret agentish (is that a word??)

Old 04-29-2006, 07:33 PM   #101
SueM in MN

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by samkj
OHHHHHH! That sounds so secret agentish (is that a word??)

Yes, I do have some magical powers. (My oldest DD is Tinkerbell in her secret fantasies).

Last edited by SueM in MN; 04-29-2006 at 08:16 PM.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:01 PM   #102
samkj
I LOVE changing them for the holidays
I love living in CA!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueM in MN

Yes, I do have some magical powers. (My oldest DD is Tinkerbell in her secret fantasies).
Here's a little pixie dust for her :
Old 04-30-2006, 04:40 AM   #103
Ali and boyz
DIS Veteran

anybody got any links or pictures of the fully accessable units at SSR or even any info

thanks x

Old 05-05-2006, 07:44 AM   #104
pampam
DIS Veteran

Is room 9462 at ASMu Jazz still accessable? With all the renovations taking place, and converting rooms to suites I'm not sure if it is available as a room with a roll in shower.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:19 AM   #105
tacomaranch
Tacoma Ranch home of wild mustangs! We are all on the spectrum*

Okw

We just returned from OKW and we were in an accessable room. It was room 2111 and we had a beautiful view of the pond with fountain and center golf course.

We didn't request an accessable room but they gave us one. The only problem we had was that Hunter is potty training the toliet was so high up we had to put the laundry basket in front for him to stand on.

The room was wonderful~
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: