Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 12:39 PM   #76
Twende
Best laid plans of Mouse and men.....

Good point I never thought about that! We need connecting rooms in order to handle all my mom's needs!
Old 10-16-2005, 05:23 PM   #77
imadisneyfanatic
Mouseketeer

Question about Contemporary Tower

Hello all.....great thread

I have booked a "Tower Room Magic Kingdom View" for Oct 2006. When I got my e-mail confirmation it did not note special requests so I e-mailed them back.

My e-mail back said that if I were to request a handicapped room that it might not be available and to call WDW Travel Co.

Does anyone know if there are any handicapped room in the tower? (By the way, I only need the bathroom to have the bars on the bathtub, not the roll in shower.)

I tried booking on-line through the special needs department and the reservation they made for me was not even what I wanted or asked for so I decided to just try the regular on-line booking and request a handicapped room.

Thanks
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2005, 09:15 PM   #78
pugdog
DIS Veteran

The regular CRO can NOT make a reservation for a handicapped room. All requests have to go through special reservations.Y ou can't book a handicapped room online, you have to call special reservations. If you check the disabled box online you leave your contact info and special ressies will call you back.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:14 PM   #79
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

Here is a link to a thread on the Resort Board that has some good pictures showing roll in shower and grab bars in a tub room.

And, as pugdog posted, for resort reservations thru CRO, if you have Special Needs you have to talk to the Special Needs department.
It's different for reservations made for DVC using points; Member Services takes care of all reservations.

CHANGE SINCE 2005 when this was posted:
DVC also now uses the Special Needs Dpeartment. When you make your reservation, the MS CM opens a line to talk to the Special Needs Department to reserve the kind of accessible room you need.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr

Last edited by SueM in MN; 01-25-2008 at 07:00 AM. Reason: change reservation information
Old 11-01-2005, 12:39 PM   #80
TammySB
Mouseketeer

Could anyone point me in the right direction. My mother has a prosthetic leg and they are interested in staying at the Fort Wilderness campground in there RV, she is concerned with the amoung of walking to get to bus stops and the food area. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated or you could PM me. Thank You!!
Old 11-28-2005, 03:12 PM   #81
private 1965
Earning My Ears

Handicap room at the Yacht Club Resort

Room 1124 at the Yacht Club Resort. As close to the lobby as you can get. Is next door to the Mech Room, but not too noisy. Five steps to the ice machine, fifteen steps to the gift shop. Beautiful roll-out patio, can see the Epcot fireworks thru the palms. Has a queen bed, a twin daybed AND a sleeper/twin chair. Privacy curtain divides the room in half. Huge bath with proper roll-in shower with bars and shower chair. ADA details such as light switches, phone in bath, counter overhangs, pocket door for bath, proper widths make for a great room. The auto-door opening button was not working. VERY nice location. Hidden Mickeys to boot!
Old 11-29-2005, 11:58 PM   #82
Juliah
DIS Veteran

Private 1965,

Was this a standard accessible room, or was it considered a suite of some kind? It would be awesome to have an automatic door on the room (when it was working, of course!)
Old 11-30-2005, 07:33 AM   #83
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliah
Private 1965,

Was this a standard accessible room, or was it considered a suite of some kind? It would be awesome to have an automatic door on the room (when it was working, of course!)
We've had two accessible rooms at the GF and both had an automatic door. It was wonderful. One was in Conch Key with an incredible view of the MK. Third floor I think. The other room which we had twice was in Sugar Loaf. It was third floor for sure and faced the marina.

At BCV, the rooms that end in 25 are studios. We've had two and both were partially accessible with a large bathroom with tub. No closet in these rooms. There is an extra large armoire instead but I would think it would be tough to fit much in them. We were only in these rooms for one night so not sure.

We've also had fully accessible 2BRs at the BCV. From what I've been told, all these rooms are stacked just like the 25s. They face the BCV pool and are very close to the main elevators. They are lockoffs and the connecting door is in the living room which is different than the usual configuration at BCV.

I agree with Carol's comments about Rapa Nui in the first post. We've been in those rooms quite a few times and they are huge!
Old 11-30-2005, 07:36 AM   #84
BCV23

Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugdog
The regular CRO can NOT make a reservation for a handicapped room. All requests have to go through special reservations.Y ou can't book a handicapped room online, you have to call special reservations. If you check the disabled box online you leave your contact info and special ressies will call you back.
The last couple of times I've made reservations for an accessible room with Disney Reservation Center, I've not talked with special needs directly. Instead, it has been handled just like it is with MS. The CM puts me on hold while she/he arranges the room with Special Needs.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:12 AM   #85
luvdmouse
Mouseketeer

Cr?

anyone know where the full handicapped rooms are located at CR. Our CM said we were tenatively placed in 2 connecting wing rooms but she didn't specify north or south wing. Anyone stayed in either wing? What about accesible rooms in the tower?
Old 11-30-2005, 04:46 PM   #86
pugdog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23
The last couple of times I've made reservations for an accessible room with Disney Reservation Center, I've not talked with special needs directly. Instead, it has been handled just like it is with MS. The CM puts me on hold while she/he arranges the room with Special Needs.
Which is why you should just deal with special needs direct. Since they are the only ones who book the rooms why take the chance of going through a middleman and have the chance of something being booked wrong because CRO forgot something or said it wrong to special needs. ug:
Old 11-30-2005, 05:08 PM   #87
BCV23

Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugdog
Which is why you should just deal with special needs direct. Since they are the only ones who book the rooms why take the chance of going through a middleman and have the chance of something being booked wrong because CRO forgot something or said it wrong to special needs. ug:
Well, for one thing because it is the way the system is set up now. Special services will call you back if they need to and I would imagine you could still request that. And in fact I did receive a call aboutone reservation I made this way. But I've had no problem using the new system. Of course, our needs are pretty straight forward. We need a room with a rollin shower. What's to mess up there.

And I would guess it changed because people were abusing the system. At any rate, my point was that you will no longer be transferred just put on hold.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:29 AM   #88
luvdmouse
Mouseketeer

accessible wing rooms at CR?

we are still trying to find out which wing the fully accessible rooms are located in at the CR. Anyone know?
Old 12-17-2005, 08:31 AM   #89
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

bumping this to the top.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
Old 12-17-2005, 09:00 AM   #90
Michigan
Mom of the Rolling Crew

Location: Westland, MI in the summer Clermont, FL in the Winter

In February we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside. The accessible room with a king bed and a roll in shower was room 8017 and connecting room with 2 queen beds was 8018.

Last edited by SueM in MN; 09-18-2011 at 05:32 PM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: