Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 01:25 PM   #151
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunapnp View Post
Is it difficult to get a shower chair? We are booked for a roll-in shower room at WL so I guess I need to call about the shower chair.
The roll in showers have a fold down shower chair in them, so if you are able to use that, you won't need a shower chair.
Here's a roll in shower at OKW (in a studio)

and here's a WL roll in shower room - it's not my picture, so I'm not sure if it is from a one bedroom or a studio.

On our last OKW visit, the fold down shower chair was broken and they were not able to fix it because they were waiting for a piece. We called and got a portable shower chair delivered a few hours later.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
Old 03-26-2009, 09:43 AM   #152
dmlashultz
Earning My Ears

Question Accessible adjoining room locations, WL?

Does anyone know of a detailed map of the location of Wilderness Lodge accessible rooms? We are looking for an accessible room which adjoins to a regular room (for kids and grandparents). We would like to get a nice view if possible. We asked for woods view, but apparently some woods view room mostly are "roof view" with a few trees in the background!

Thanks for any info!

Laurie
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2009, 10:31 AM   #153
dmlashultz
Earning My Ears

Red face I guess I meant *connecting* rooms

I guess I meant locations of the accessible rooms *connected* to a regular rooms, in WL.

Thanks,
Laurie
Old 08-16-2009, 12:24 PM   #154
lisam427
DIS Veteran

does anyone know where there are as\ccessible rooms at both coronado springs and caribbean beach. we would need a room with a roll in shower and are planning to book a disney vacation in the near future.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:22 PM   #155
Juliah
DIS Veteran

We stayed in an accessible room with a roll-in shower in the Ranchos section of Coronado on the ground floor three years ago. We asked to be moved after the first night because it was so far from the conference center (we were attending a conference and needed to go back and forth to our room frequently), and they were kind enough to move us to an accessible room with a roll-in shower in the Cabanas section. There, we were in building 9B on this map, near the end of the building closest to the lobby and restaurants and on the ground floor:

http://allears.net/acc/coronadomap.jpg

So, at least as of three years ago, I know there were roll-in shower equipped rooms in those two sections of the resort.

Last edited by Juliah; 08-16-2009 at 08:42 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:46 PM   #156
goofieslonglostsis
DIS Veteran

They are spread out, where CBR is concerned. I've had myself rooms in both Trinidad North (first building from OPR, room with parking lot view) and in Matinique, building 21 (again; first building from OPR, even closer, room with courtyard view). From some talks, I learned there is at least one more room with a roll in shower in building 21. Besides that also learned there are rooms with roll in showers in other villages.
Does it really work that way? Doors closing, windows opening, can you really allways count on that? I'll just continue to wish, hope and pray to make sure. Knock on wood, one, twice and trice. Still can't believe it, I really get to visit Mickey again..........

Always keep wishing, dreaming and hoping.

Beyond greatfull for so many WDW trips, dear friendship and even a dlrp wish trip in october 2014 to close the Disney chapter. Lifes come and go, memories last for ever.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:56 PM   #157
snocrash
Earning My Ears

Adjoining room

We're planning a family trip to WDW in November and hoping to stay at POR. What about rooms there for a family of4?

Thanks.

Last edited by SueM in MN; 09-18-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:54 PM   #158
splashmtnfan
Mouseketeer

Please help ASAP

I am a little concerned about my upcoming June 2-16 trip. My friend's DD is staying in her room with her mom & dad and she is getting her 6 yr. old son for two weeks (he lives with his father as she thought it best as she was in the military).... thing is they are concerned that their accessible room @ POR-Riverside may NOT have the trundle bed... We are going as a Grand Gatherings Group and our room is supposed to be near them and we requested a trundle as well... Does PORR have the accessible rooms with trundles? I am thinking with 4 people in their room they may only give them a two bed room with no trundle. The little boy lives in a different state than his mom and he will more than likely feel more comfortble in the trundle. Anyone ever stayed in one with a trundle?
Old 01-09-2011, 09:10 PM   #159
splashmtnfan
Mouseketeer

OK... just wondering... does PORR ONLY have ACCESSIBLE KINGS

I started a thread about this but just saw this post... most of the posts on this thread are at least a year-three years old... so any updates will be appreiated. BFF is staying in an accessible room @ PORR for two weeks in June and we are just wondering if there are queen beds with trundle in accessible rooms?

Last edited by SueM in MN; 09-18-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:30 AM   #160
loadsapixiedust
DIS Veteran

We have stayed twice at POR with connecting rooms one of them an accessible room with roll in shower, the first time we were in the Alligator Bayou section, I believe this is the only section with trundle beds, our double room had one. On our latest trip we stayed in Acadian House and our rooms did not have a trundle bed. Both times we had one king room which had the roll in shower and one with 2 doubles. Hope this helps. If you want to have the trundle bed you would need to request the Alligator Bayou section, we preferred the themeing and location of this area too.

2 weeks October 1998 Quail Ridge Villa 3 weeks March/April 2002 Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista
3 weeks July 2005 Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista, Port Orleans French Quarter, Animal Kingdom Lodge
10 days August 2006 Royal Plaza in the WDW Resort 2 weeks October 2006 All Star Movies
2 weeks June 2007 Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa 2 weeks Easter 2008 Cypress Pointe
2 weeks Dec 2008 Caribbean Beach & Port Orleans Riverside 2 weeks July 2009 Cypress Pointe Grandevillas
2 weeks Oct 2009 Coronado Springs 3 weeks July 2010 Port Orleans Riverside and Pop century
2 weeks June 2011 Bay Lake Tower & Kidani Village

June 2012 ~ Beach Club Villas * Vero Beach * Bay Lake Tower
unlucky 13th trip cancelled to make way for chemo - I'm pretty sure that will not be as much fun

Last edited by loadsapixiedust; 01-16-2011 at 03:23 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:00 PM   #161
splashmtnfan
Mouseketeer

Did you have to pay extra for the other room?

So with the king accessible room they blocked the connecting room?

Last edited by SueM in MN; 09-18-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:22 PM   #162
loadsapixiedust
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmtnfan View Post
So with the king accessible room they blocked the connecting room.
If the king room cannot accommodate all the guests on the booking then yes they will block the connecting room to give you the beds needed for your party because they do not have accessible rooms with 2 double beds.

2 weeks October 1998 Quail Ridge Villa 3 weeks March/April 2002 Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista
3 weeks July 2005 Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista, Port Orleans French Quarter, Animal Kingdom Lodge
10 days August 2006 Royal Plaza in the WDW Resort 2 weeks October 2006 All Star Movies
2 weeks June 2007 Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa 2 weeks Easter 2008 Cypress Pointe
2 weeks Dec 2008 Caribbean Beach & Port Orleans Riverside 2 weeks July 2009 Cypress Pointe Grandevillas
2 weeks Oct 2009 Coronado Springs 3 weeks July 2010 Port Orleans Riverside and Pop century
2 weeks June 2011 Bay Lake Tower & Kidani Village

June 2012 ~ Beach Club Villas * Vero Beach * Bay Lake Tower
unlucky 13th trip cancelled to make way for chemo - I'm pretty sure that will not be as much fun

Last edited by SueM in MN; 09-18-2011 at 05:42 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:57 PM   #163
hematite153
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadsapixiedust View Post
If the king room cannot accommodate all the guests on the booking then yes they will block the connecting room to give you the beds needed for your party because they do not have accessible rooms with 2 double beds.
Yes, BUT, I'm pretty sure you need to speak to the special needs booking people to make sure this has happened in advance.

I'd also recommend that you make sure your friend's DS is on the reservation for the room.

Last edited by SueM in MN; 09-18-2011 at 05:43 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:25 PM   #164
splashmtnfan
Mouseketeer

There are four people on the ressie

She has everyone on the ressie and talked to the special requested the accessible with roll-in shower, and they said THAT shower is guaranteed. So I guess it will have the connecting room.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:32 AM   #165
Karcia
Earning My Ears

Wheeling Disney in March

Has anyone stayed at the Contemporary? My husband, 7 year old son and I will be going in March. I need a wheelchair accessible room, and I was wondering if anyone had sugggestions. I got a view of the fireworks in the tower and requested a room "high-up", but that is not guaranteed. I want as high up as I can get for the view. I was just wondering if anyone had any pictures, or experience with the wheelchair accessible rooms there. Thanks so much!
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: