Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2004, 09:23 AM   #1
Tinks
I had the hots for my accounting teacher and eventually married him!

So...am I in a pickle here or what?!

We are going to be in DW June 30th - July 3rd. I planned ahead only slightly this trip thinking we would want to "wing it" a bit more.....so I only have one PS for dinner at 'Ohana.
Yesterday, on a whim, I thought I'd call Chef Mickey's to see if they had any times left for PS for Wednesday June 30th dinner---they didn't! Now I am beginning to wonder if our lack of planning means we will have to wait long periods to get into a restaurant or if we'll have to do mostly counter service food?? Are we in a pickle? How long do you think we'll have to wait for a table at most sit down places with no PS? There are 5 of us.

I guess I'm used to going in a less crowded season and wasn't thinking! We just wanted to go to any park we felt like at the time without the stress of having to be at so-and-so place because we have a PS.
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 09:41 AM   #2
patsal
I've discovered I don't need to be a control freak...and like it!

If you know when and where you will be try to make a PS once you are checked into your hotel. I have had great luck with that even during the busiest times. I have done walk up just planned around what I anticipated to be the busier times. For places like chef Mickey's I would either get there 10-15 minutes before the first seating, or wait until after the dinner crowd subsides. I have done walk ups for late lunches at many of the restaurants. With a tiny bit of thinking it through you will not be stuck with all counter service meals!
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2004, 03:03 PM   #3
3for Me
DIS Veteran

I completely agree with the previous poster.

Also, Chef Mickey's has become very difficult to get lately, even in the less busy seasons. The fact that you tried to get that particular PS may not be representative of other restaurant's availability.

I, too have had success on more than one occasion at Chef Mickey's, getting there shortly before 5PM with a party of 5 one time and 7 the other time and was seated within minutes both times after trying to call and make a PS unsuccessfully.

Good Luck!:D
3for Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 05:30 PM   #4
DsnyPrncss
Earning My Ears

We have barely ever made priority seating information until we arived at WDW and had no problems at all. We always travel during the summer when it is most crowded too! You should be fine with most restaurants! We have also walked up to restaurants during meal times and waited no more than 15 minutes for a table at the most. Try eating right at 11am or 4:30pm to avoid the crowds. Happy traveling and eating!
DsnyPrncss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 05:45 PM   #5
HopperFan
"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess. One of those "circle of life" kind of things."

We were just there. We had PS for months at BOMA and OHANA.

We decided that AM to not go to BOMA, just too pooped and wanted to just hang by the pool and eat a late pizza. We cancelled. I imagine there are always folks who get busy in a park, or for whatever reason cancel or don't show at the last minute.

A previous trip we just kept calling everytime we were in our room and eventually got a PS.

Keep trying !
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 for "COMPLIMENTARY" Dining

Making Magical Visits since 1971 ~ now visiting 5-6 weeks per year ON PROPERTY STAYS & Our Star Rating:
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2x ~ Wilderness Lodge
Coronado Springs 8x (1xBusClass) ~ PO Riverside 5x (1xRoyal) ~ Bonnett Creek ~ PO French Quarter
POP Century 15x ~ Hilton DTD 2x ~ Doubletree Suites DTD 3x ~ B Resort
All Star Movie ~ Wilderness Cabins ~ All Star Sports 3x
Caribbean Beach 2x (1xPirate) ~ All Star Music 2x
Lots of offsite, but somehow it never seems right, 'though Rosen Shingle Creek was luxury I could get used to !
HopperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 05:45 PM   #6
karebear1
BL II - Purple Team
Always misses the big numbers
The pixie dust in the air is totally confusing, but the TF doesn't think you are an airhead! :)

You can also make a PS first thing in the morning when you go to the park you're going to for the day. They usually have openings.
'92 offsite, '95 Double Tree; '97 Boardwalk; '98 Holiday Inn; '99 DXL; '01 WL, CS; '03 OKW, Swan; '04 WL, BCV, BWV; Jan. '05- WDW 1/2 Marathon- BCV's, 7-Day DCL Western on the Magic; Nov. '05- BWV's for an all girl trip;December '06- BCV, WL & AKL- Mom and Son trip; September '07- YC, AKV & GF; September '08- BCV; January '09 AKL & BCV SIL Getaway, February '09 CSR & BWV DisBoutique Meet; GF & BCV November '09, 30th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY TRIP March '10, Family Reunion CiCi and Henry's 1st trip to WDW at BCV November '10, Cici and Henry's 1st Halloween at WDW BCV October '11 Kate and Mom at BCV November 2012

karebear1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 06:32 PM   #7
JC Butterfly
DIS Veteran

or if you would just "feel better" having this done before you leave, go ahead and give Disney dining another call. People are constantly changing their minds and availability changes from minute to minute so you may be able to get the PS you want right now.

Or as suggested to eat in off times and arrive early.

I have NOT had good luck deciding where to eat at the last minute and walking up to the podium during prime dining hours 5:30 - 6:30 for example. It wasn't unheard of to wait 45 minutes or more or in some cases to be flat out refused. But if your idea was to be flexible about where to eat there are certainly many yummy places to choose from!

Brenda
JC Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 07:17 PM   #8
mrsboz
DIS Veteran

I don't know if the resort that you are staying at has a concierge? We were there in March and a couple of nights I went to the concierge and asked them for their help. It's good because they can look everything up on the computer at once and give you availability for everything that they have open. It is a lot easier than calling around when you are there.

:thumbsu2
mrsboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 05:53 PM   #9
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

Saw a family of 4 walk up to chef mickey like 8:30 pm and they only waited 10 minutes during the busy spring break time. My dh had a fit because 8:30 was the earliest ps time they gave me when I called for a ps a few weeks before. My first 3 phone calls were, sorry nothing available. So go early like 4:50 or late if you want a chance. It was totally packed. No spare seats at all. Good luck.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: