Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2004, 01:59 PM   #1
juliebro
Has been visited
Has been known to use cable ties

Now I can talk about it! - Easter 2004 - 3rd Report

Monday 5th April

Slept in until 8:30 am. Then headed back to Cracker Barrel for breakfast again. DS had 'Eggs in a Basket' and apple cider (which he was disappointed to find wasn't alcoholic!). I had the Cherry Pancake Sampler again (no cream this time!). Can't remember what DH had. $20 approx again. Went to Downtown Disney for 11:00 am to find that Disney Quest didn't open till 11:30 am. Went in DQ as soon as it opened. Really enjoyed the White Water Rafting simulator - I was nearly hysterical with laughter! Loved the 'design & ride your own coaster' simulator. Wow - very realistic. The place reminded me of Segaworld in London (now closed?) which we visited a few years ago. Just had some fries for lunch and left at around 3:30 pm. Have to admit I would have cheerfully left before that! Strolled around DD to Eastside and bought an Xmas decoration (this has become a bit of a family tradition – we buy one very trip). Saw the new Earl of Sandwich café – looked quite popular. Caught the boat back to Westside and the car park. Then headed for a bit more retail therapy at Premium Outlet Mall. Stocked up on the Clinique skincare products I use. I buy a year's supply at a time when I’m in the US - works out about half the price I would pay in the UK. DS bought CD's, T-shirts and some new Armani Mania fragrance. Weather starting to get noticeably warmer now. Ate dinner in the foodhall at the mall. Nothing special. Had a large Starbucks latte - lovely! Then back to the condo – to do some laundry, have showers and get some sleep.

Tuesday 6th April

Woke up in shock at 6:30 am. DH had managed to work out how to set the alarm clock radio on my side of the bed - but hadn't warned me! Aaargh!

Breakfast at Golden Corral today. Not bad - has had a facelift since our last visit I think. Weather looks a bit cloudy today. Hopefully it would put some people off the water parks - we were heading to Typhoon Lagoon. Noticed special offer on way in - $15 for 'all you can drink' mug, lunch entree and an ice cream – seems like a bargain. We buy one for DS. DH and I usually manage till dinner-time on just an ice-cream after a buffet breakfast. Met the same Yorkshire family that we had shared the AK raft ride with again on the way in - had a laugh and joke with them about their not wanting to get wet. Their first Disney holiday - but they are not over impressed - not really sure why. I think they like just lying on a beach when they are on holiday.

Clouds disappeared and the afternoon was sunny and warm. Left the water park and showered at 5:00pm. Headed to Bennigans near 192/I Drive junction. Used Entertainment card ($15 off) with no problem. Nice place, friendly staff, and got seated immediately. Salads (Caesar & regular), bread roll (have you noticed how their bread tastes so sweet?) included in entree cost and 2 side dishes (cloeslaw, fries, baked potato etc). DH & I had Jameson Sirloin, DS had full rack of ribs (enormous!). DS ate them all followed by huuuuuge Fudge Brownie Sundae - total bill was $45 with discount. Drove back to condo to pack an overnight bag - up early tomorrow to check into Royal Pacific Resort!
Apr 2009 - Emerald Island, Hard Rock Hotel, Apr 2010 - Emerald Island, Apr 2011 - Emerald Island
Apr 2012 - Emerald Island, Apr 2013 - Emerald Island, Apr 2014 - Emerald Island
juliebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 02:18 PM   #2
KayleeUK
Still here.....

Quote:
have you noticed how their bread tastes so sweet?
It really does
Old 06-05-2004, 03:08 PM   #3
highlander447
It's a dirty job but someones gotta do it
Poor ghostbusters, no one goes to see them anymore
We stumbled upon Universal & now we love it

Cool

Thanks for sharing sounds great

highlander447 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: