Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2004, 01:02 AM   #1
graygables
Doesn't like to discuss the Y2K Picante Sauce thing
I ran away to London (as in England) when I was 17. We lived in Tulsa (as in Oklahoma) at the time

8yo DD gave me a dime when I tucked her in...

I asked her what it was for and she said, "It's an early Mother's Day present, it's for the Disney Cruise" Awww!

I hate that she knows I'm a bit worried about saving enough $$ in time (she doesn't know I booked a cat 9...she thinks we're in a 12!), but I'm also glad that she doesn't have a sense of entitlement about the whole thing, either.

Now I only need 12,689 or so more dimes to cover it!!!
graygables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 01:19 AM   #2
ivanova
DIS Veteran
Hi, my name is Ivanova and I am a pinaholic.

That is soooo sweet!!!

PAST: 04/2000 - WDW - off property, 2 weeks ** 04/2002 - WDW - off property, 2 weeks ** 11/2003 - Disney Wonder, 4 nights Bahamas (pin cruise) ** 11/2003 - WDW - Coronado Springs Resort, 4 nights ** 11/2004 - Disney Wonder, 4 nights Bahamas (pin cruise) ** 03/2005 - Carnival Elation, 7 nights Western Caribbean ** 08/2005 - Disney Magic, 14 nights Eastbound Panama Canal Crossing ** 11/2005 - RCCL Monarch of the Seas, 3 nights Baja ** 07/2006 - Disney Wonder, 3 night Bahamas ** 09/2006 - Disney Wonder - 10 night Southern Caribbean ** 11/2006 - Disney Wonder - 4 night Thanksgiving ** 02/2007 - Star Princess, 7 night Western Caribbean ** 03/2007 - NCL Norwegian Sun, 7 night Western Caribbean ** 04/2007 - RCCL Monarch of the Seas, 3 night Baja ** 05/2007 - RCCL Liberty of the Seas, 2 nigh Pre-inaugural ** 06/2007 - RCCL Radiance of the Seas, 7 night Northbound Alaska ** 05/2008 - RCCL Monarch of the Seas, 3 night Baja ** 11/2008 - Celebrity Solstice, 2 night pre-inaugural ** 11/2008 - RCCL Enchantment of the Seas, 5 night Western Caribbean

NEXT: 11/2009 RCCL Oasis of the Seas (pre-inagurual)
ivanova is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2004, 05:47 AM   #3
kristen821
DIS Veteran
Everything taste better with ranch dressing!

That is so sweet. We are going in Dec my parents are also going and my mother told my ds5 that we had to save our pennies. My mother watches him on saturdays while dh and i work. she took him shopping. The total came out to $5.03 and when she went to pay my son told her she couldn't use the 3 pennies and had to use a quarter because we are saving our pennies for the cruise!
kristen821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 08:53 AM   #4
Princess49
It's a great big beautiful tomorrow...just a DREAM away!
I only just started cruising the cruise boards

That is ssoooo adorable!!!!Whant an angels!

I did that to my mom once when I was 3- she took me to a new ballet school & I didn't like it & I wanted to quit- but that's not something my parents encouraged- So they reasoned with me & said- among other things- that "Mommy & Daddy paid a lot of money for ballet & we have to be a big girl & we can stop going when the class has ended" As I understand it trying to be good parents!!! Well, that night I went up to my bedroom & brought down my piggy bank for my mom & told her she could have my money. :D Needless to say they let me go to a different school! It's amazing what children can do with the smallest understanding!! You have a sweet children!!- and that is a reflection of you as a parent- HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!

Trips to WDW as kids with our families totaling 3!!
As a couple...

Jan-Dec 2000-2001 10 @ days AS Sports
March 2002 10 days @ AS Sports
Jan 2003 2 amazing weeks @ The Boardwalk... now we're living!
August 2003 11 days @ The Boardwalk
May 2004 our first Disney Cruise! 4 day Wonder!
And...
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = '12/01/2004 6:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=lime>We go back to the Wonder in.... </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'YIPEE!!! Cruisin!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
Princess49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 01:36 PM   #5
MamaGriz
Mouseketeer

After our first cruise in February/March 2004, we talked about doing it again in two years (giving us enough time to save up $$). My DD6 started picking up any odd coins around the house and is stashing it away for the cruise fund. I almost cried the day she told me what she was saving for! She's up to about $11.00 so far

What a sweetie!!
MamaGriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 03:46 PM   #6
jordgubben
Has a Buzz Lightyear shoot-off with her husband

I have to say that I laughed when I read your subject line because I thought that you had already gone on the cruise and your daughter had picked up on the tipping things and that the dime was a tip.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:11 PM   #7
EmmasGrammy
To everyone else brave enough to try May Day Falls, may I suggest a turtleneck swimwear coverup??

Your story is very touching! You should be commended on raising a very loving child. She apparently wants to help out! Don't feel bad that she knows that you are worrying about saving up for the trip. Use this as a teaching tool. I think it is wonderful when children know that they sometimes have to work to make things happen. Too many children expect things to be handed to them but they truly appreciate having to work at earning a reward. Have her start saving for the trip. Convert her pennies, nickles and dimes into Disney Dollars for her to use as her "spending money". You will be surprised to see how quickly she will be able to come up with her own ideas to put a little money away for the trip. I think this is a great way to teach a child that "fun stuff" can cost money.
Old 05-11-2004, 10:17 PM   #8
inkkognito
I shall call him Mini-Me
I fart cigarette-scented farts!

How cute! Did you sign her up on the list for a postcard? Sounds like she deserves one. :D
If you're not sailing for a while, I'd be happy to send one from Castaway Cay in three weeks. Otherwise, Verandah Man does a great job of bringing delight to the little ones with postcards via the official thread.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.*****************
inkkognito is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: