|05-03-2004, 10:47 PM||#1|
Please DON'T visit Boston July 26th-29th!
Then the "booms" started....
My eyes got wide as saucers during the drop!
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Reading, MA USA
Gardeners VS Aerobic Queens - The Challenge
After this weekend of yard work I challenge any aerobic/gym buff to the "Gardeners Challenge". Just try to keep up with us.
Here was my weekend, all in about 8 hours:
- Trip to Home Depot to haul home 4 bags of mulch, 4 12" square stepping stone bricks, a bag of Halts, Preen and a gallon of Weed B Gone spray.
- Removed all the weed and grass surrounding one tree, transplanted flowers there, fertilized and mulched.
- Rescued several grape hyacinths growing in the lawn with my trusty Garden Claw.
- Dethatched about 1/3 of the lawn (.25 acre total) before the rain started.
- Prepped soil and put down Patch Master in a 4X5' area. Bend and stretch.
- Overseeded part of the lawn.
- Finished weeding, fertilized and mulched a 4X12' area.
- Tossed, lifted, pulled and pushed chunks of asphalt curbing that littered my lawn after the winter. Some pieces were as big as two feet long.
- Resurfaced the torn up lawn, seeded and fertilized.
Ok gardeners, how about you. There's nothing like nature's own gym.
Wants some Roadkill gummies
My name's not Donna
Disney recipe collector
Shops for the good prices
|05-04-2004, 01:38 AM||#3|
Final score: boys 3 girls 1
loves to garden
Missing Mai Tais and fresh pineapple
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Western WA
I would normally have broken a pretty good sweat planting dahlias this past weekend. But since I managed to kill them all over the winter, I haven't replaced them yet. Aside from that we picked up debris from a pretty crazy windstorm we had last week. That gave me a sore back from bending over more than anything.
+ Godzilla the Leopard Gecko
šoš Mary šoš
|05-04-2004, 07:29 AM||#4|
Be glad that I'm not a fairie! I'd be having all kinds of fun!
So it's not emotional constipation
The Caption Game Queen
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Morgantown, WV
Wow, Margie! I am exhausted just reading that!
Look me up on Facebook!
|05-04-2004, 03:26 PM||#5|
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington Township OH and Cape May NJ
Margie J, I loved your post, it was good reading and very artistic! I'll bet you have beautiful results!
|05-04-2004, 05:14 PM||#6|
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Ontario, Canada
You inspired me, Margie!
I SO wanted to take a nap when I got home this afternoon, but I read your post, and decided to get off my butt and go cut the grass! It's growing so fast these days I can barely keep up with it (and we have a small yard)!
I sowed some Morning Glory (Heavenly Blue), and Sweet Pea (Oxford Blue and Royal Family) seeds yesterday. I had hoped to get it done on the weekend, but like Mal, we had cold, wet, weather too.
I have to do my gardening in small bits and pieces or my old bones and joints start letting their displeasure known...loud and clear!!
Keep that enthusiasm going!! Maybe you could start a weekend gardening cheer on Fridays? Kind of a "heigh hoe, heigh hoe..it's off to garden we go!" kind of thing!
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|