Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2004, 04:13 PM   #61
marlouwrig
Mouseketeer

Buy into DVC ?

OOPS - Sorry ...........

Did I forget to say????

Already done that.

Any more suggestions very gratefully received.
Santa Fe DLP May 2004
RPR & BCV Oct/Nov 2004/Aug 2005/2007/2009
HRH/BCV Aug 2008
Disneyland Hotel & California Tour July 2006
marlouwrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 01:15 PM   #62
andyfid
Earning My Ears

Talking hello everyone

Hi, my name is Andrew, 34 years young. Been married to DW Sheri for 13 years. We have 2 DD's, Megan who is 10 and Niamh who is 3.

I live in a town called Mountain Ash in the Cynon Valley. It will be our first time to WDW on the 10th june 2004 (can't wait).

andyfid is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2004, 01:16 PM   #63
KayleeUK
Still here.....

LOL
Old 05-06-2004, 04:08 PM   #64
Shropshire Saint
Mouseketeer

My name is Adrian, DW Deborah & have 2 boys aged 3 1/2 & 20 months. I was born in the New Forest but live in Shropshire & follow Southampton Football Club, hence 'Shropshire Saint'. I have been registered for some time, but i dont post too much. It always seems that others have asked the questions i have so I dont have a need. We are taking the boys for there first visit in September, although DW & I have been 7 times in the past, starting on our honeymoon in 1995. We try & go to WDW every year as I need my Disney fix to cure the worries of a job with a fund manager. We are expecting a completely different trip this year, ensuring that we take it at the boys pace rather than my usual non-stop 9am through 7pm days in the parks.
Shropshire Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 03:58 AM   #65
Beth__WDW23/6/02
you can never mock anything until you have a try for yourself

Sorry for the delay in posting, Clever me thought it should be a good idea to reboot the computer, well it ended up in the computer shop But I am back online and ready to roll.

Reason for my Nickname, well I am called Beth and our first trip was on 23rd june 2002

I'm Beth 22, engaged to Martyn who is 26, we have one child who is Chelsea-Marie she is 4 1/2 years old, We all love Disney been going to WDW since 2002 when we first went with my Brother and his wife, since then we have been every year and this will be our 3rd time, so now we are Frequent Virgins, ah!
We live Near Manchester, More Bolton Side...if you know what I mean!!

This Disney trip is out last for a while well we keep saying that but still seem to book again, but this is our last trip I am sure of that, thats why this trip is for 4weeks and DP's mother and father and Neice are coming along, so fingers crossed this will be a great hol!!

I collect disney figurines from the art of disney, dp seems to collect more and more clothes and trainers, and dd collects everything disney in sight, our dis hols seem to cost a small (dp laughs while I type this)!! fortune but its all worth it!

Anyway enough about us what about you.....!! Next!! .....
Old 05-07-2004, 01:27 PM   #66
KayleeUK
Still here.....

Thanks for joining in Adrian and Beth
Old 05-28-2004, 06:09 AM   #67
March Hare
Mouseketeer

Hello all

I'm Mark,married to Ann with twins Adam & James ( 10) and daughter Elizabeth (8).

We live in Nuneaton ,Warwickshire (hello Mandymouse !)and are looking forward to our next trip to the World in August

The trouble with working from home is that the temptation to "just have a quick look" takes over - I've been on here for two hours now! - I guess I should get that report done now

Mark

PS T16GEM - I'm sure I've seen your car in my travels around the Midlands, is it an MG? If not someone has a registration very similar!
March Hare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 07:45 AM   #68
SidB
Lazy by nature

Hi, I'm Tony, married to Sam and have 2 daughters, Hannah 12 and Zoe 8. I refuse to give my age, but I'm 3 years older than Sam and she's still 29. Been together for 22 years (since I was 18) and been married nearly 16 years.

Why, Sid ? Well I was a Sex Pistols fan, and the nickname kind of stuck. For those who were too young, or old, that's Sid Vicious.

I live in a Buckinghamshire village, recently voted the 6th most desireable place in England. I'm Bucks born and bred, having never lived outside of the county.

Recently finished building our home which ended up a bizarre shape thanks to the planners. Don't have any animals, apart from the kids, who vary between pigs, monkeys, and angels. OK so angels aren't animals but you get my drift.

I'm 36-24-36 and want to help starving children. Sorry wrong board. I'm an Inventory Manager for a telecommunications company, and am dead bored. I'd look for something else, but you know how it is. Sam works for a pharma.... drugs company. Thought about selling up and travelling the world, but don't think we're brave enough.

Have been to Florida 3 times, but won't be going back for a while. There are too many other places to visit. So far on our list are Costa Rica, Thailand (yet again), Vietnam, Cambodia, Australia, Sri Lanka etc.
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'March 28th, 2004 3:00:00 PM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>Stressed.....</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Relaxing.....';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
SidB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 07:47 AM   #69
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Wink

Hi Mark

It is a small world !! I think there are a few of us Disney Nutters in the Nuneaton area. Are you originally from Nuneaton? We moved here from Coventry in 1988 and love it. I see you're off to my second home soon - where are you staying? (just being nosey) - I hope you and your family have a fantastic time.

mandymouse

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 08:19 AM   #70
KayleeUK
Still here.....

Hi Mark and Tony

Welcome to the DIS, hope you enjoy it here.
Old 05-28-2004, 10:33 AM   #71
March Hare
Mouseketeer

Hi Mandy - supposed to be working from home today but couldn't resist checking the Boards again! Have lived in Nuneaton since '71 when my dad moved here to work at Bramcote Barracks.

This year we've booked a villa privately at Indian Creek in the Formosa Gardens area 5th - 21st August - my brother and his family are coming for the first time and we have all used the boards in our planning.I know we're all going to have a great time

Can't wait now!!

Regards

Mark
March Hare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 12:26 PM   #72
Twinks
Mouseketeer

Hi my name is Donna. We are off to WDW for the 9th time this Christmas. 10th for my hubbie and youngest as we messed up with our eldest still being on our passport after her 16th birthday (supposed to have joined them 2 days later, but never did make it as passport office dragged their feet), anyway that's another story!!!!!!!!!!

My brother and his family came with us for their first trip last Christmas and have got the Disney bug big time, so we are all going again this Christmas :thewave: :thewave: (that's us all this Christmas!)

We were going to have a break and try somewhere else. I then found this site and discovered all the things we still have not done, so we just have to go back - well it would be rude not to!

So if you see us 3 men and 7 girles this Christmas around WDW say 'hello'.

Oh my goodness, good job I previewed my reply before posting I said something which was NOT swearing about the passport situation, but it put 4 stars in front of the 'ed' which made it look very rude, just off to change it

Twinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 05:12 PM   #73
Andrew Bichard
DIS Veteran

I'm Andrew,

Born in Guernsey but moved to mainland aged seven. I won't say how old I am, but my Father in Law is 92 and my eldest grand-daughter 14.

My wife was born in Brooklyn and her parents moved down to Daytona about the same time aswe married. As a result, we have visited Florida most every year since we married, sometimes twice.

At first we would day-trip to Disney, one park each time we visited. We visited Magic Kingdom when they still gave out strips of ride tickets (for A, B, C, D and E rides). on later trips we visited Epcot, MGM and Universal in the years that they opened.

As well as the parks we have also travelled extensively throughout Florida on various trips from Pensacola to the Everglades to Key West.

Six or seven years back I started to use a wheelchair And found I couldn't use the bathroom at my father-in-law's house. Since then we have stayed on-site at Disney when we visit and he comes out to meet us there. Disney is an exceptionally good holiday location for us 'wheelies' because everything (except a few of the rides) is so accessible.

We fell in love with the Boardwalk but by the time my wife had convinced me we should buy into DVC, Boardwalk had sold out. We are therefore DVC owners at Wilderness Lodge, though we have never stayed in the villas there.

We have the luxury of being able to take our vacations outside of school holidays and have just enough points to stay three weeks three years out of every five.

Andrew
Andrew Bichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 12:36 PM   #74
KayleeUK
Still here.....

Hi Mandy, Donna and Andrew
Old 05-29-2004, 12:38 PM   #75
Beth__WDW23/6/02
you can never mock anything until you have a try for yourself

Quote:
Originally posted by KayleeUK
Thanks for joining in Adrian and Beth
No problem, it's a great way to get to find out whos who, and abit about them its great!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: