Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2004, 03:42 PM   #31
jana
Diva

My name is Jana. Couldn't be bothered to think up anything else for a user name LOL. Age well a lady doesn't disclose that . I'm a hair stylist. I have a 9 yr old son. I am working hard on turning him into a Disney addict and it's working . I live in the US but frequent the UK boards ( and the UK ) because of DBF Vernon .
I have been going to WDW since I was 5 yrs old. Have been visiting this site since 1999. DBF Vernon and I met on this site we have been together for 5 years and planning on getting married this year ( waiting on fiance visa to be approved ) and moving to the Orlando area. And of course living happily ever after .
Old 04-30-2004, 05:17 PM   #32
BONZO
Has been known to go off topic!
Apparantly size does matter!
Enjoys a quick rub down with the Sporting Life

I'm Bonzo

This is me

(Man of few words....except for Trip Reports!)

1988 ~ Contemporary ~ Honeymoon
1989 ~ Off site
1994 ~ EuroDisney
1999 ~ Off site
2001 ~ CBR (Aruba) ~ Poly (Tahiti)
2003 ~ WL & HRH
2004 ~ Pop Century, RPH, CSR, PBH, Contemporary
2007 ~ POR, HRH, GF
2008 ~ All star sports, BCV, RPH, Vero Beach, WLV
2010 ~ OKW ~ BCV ~ HRH ~POP Century ~ Vero Beach ~ VWL
BONZO is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2004, 01:22 AM   #33
TinkTatoo
Has a Tink tattoo on her shoulder
Hooked on Disney Cruises

Quote:
Originally posted by kazzie
Jakki,

You can stalk me anytime

4 stone,that is amazing,well done I need to lose weight but can't cope with that and everything else
Thanks Karen :D

And the weight thing - I know where you are comming from and when the time is right it wil happen. Till then don't worry about it - there are plently other things to think about

TinkTatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 01:47 AM   #34
uktigger
me and my mouse havin fun together!

hi everyone

what a great thread

i'm eve i am 32 and live with my partner jeff(which i call dh it's easier)who is 40 we have 2 lovely boys charlie is 12 and jack was 8 yesterday we live in bermondsey,london

we first went to wdw(the best place on earth)in november 2001 at that time i did not know these boards exsisted so i feel we missed out on alot of things but now i am a member of these boards and have been planning for our second trip for months now(altough i don't post that often please forgive me )
and have become addicted to this site i look in every day we know exactly what we want to do on our next trip in october(mnsshp to name one)we are staying on site at all star movies
i am also on ww and have lost 4 stones and 6lb's so to everyone who is on a diet keep up the good work and well done:D

eve
uktigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 04:02 AM   #35
shellbell
When it rains, it pours

Hey Paul

Lymm is a very nice place to live, its just out side warrington. Theres loads to do up here i'm sure you will both love it

June 05 1wk AS Movies, 1wk villa, 1wk Indian Rocks Holiday Inn
Oct 06 2 wks Pop Century, 1wk Villa
May/June 08 3wks Pop Century

Last edited by shellbell; 05-01-2004 at 04:07 AM.
shellbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 12:42 PM   #36
TinkTatoo
Has a Tink tattoo on her shoulder
Hooked on Disney Cruises

Quote:
Originally posted by uktigger
......i am also on ww and have lost 4 stones and 6lb's so to everyone who is on a diet keep up the good work and well done:D eve
Well done Eve - I know how hard it can be but it is great to look back at the before pictures

I was born and grew up near the Borough High Street so am almost from your mannor

TinkTatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 02:03 PM   #37
uktigger
me and my mouse havin fun together!

tinktatoo
it sure is a good feeling when you can look in the mirror and be a bit happier about yourself:D we live not far from southwark park road
i notice under your name you now live in ireland my dad is irish and has lived over here for some time now but he still has alot of family over there in cork city
this is a great thread,getting to know people on the boards:D

eve
uktigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 02:44 PM   #38
TraceyL
Always planning........
I'm a very patient Welsh believer!
Did you know that one of the TF's is part Welsh, Tracey? :)

Hi all - no prizes for guessing my name - though I'm known as OrlandoBelle everywhere else.

I'm 37 and live in South Wales although I spent my early DIS years in Portsmouth - can't believe I've been registered here 4 1/2 years already. I'm currently working as a PA although by trade I'm a military aircraft controller (retired )

Got married in Florida to Steve (who disapproves sooo much of my cyber friends) and we now have 2 daughters (aged 7 & 3) who also have the Disney bug.

Have been to Orlando 8 times - twice with friends, 3 times as a couple, twice with one child, once with two children and we're now planning visit number nine for this December.

I only have one other obsession - Will Young - and am currently planning my summer around the tour

I remember fondly the days before the big crash - when UK DIS was a seperate board to the main DIS and when all our posts were wiped out - showing my age
Hallowe'en 2007 Sunset Lakes again & HRH ~ Hallowe'en 2008 Highlands Reserve Villa & HRH
Christmas & New Year 2009 Bella Vida, HRH & Pop ~ Jul/Aug 2010 back for Harry Potter
Christmas 2012 OKW/Bahama Bay - Solo!!

TraceyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 05:48 PM   #39
Bexx

Enjoys the UNIQUE Magic Kingdom
Crazed by the twiddly bits

Hi - my name is Becky, but all of my DHs family call me Becks, so I just respelled it to make it a (slightly) more interesting user name!

I'm 35, I live in Chester and I'm married to Oliver who's 41 (I was a child bride!). Ol works in Property Management for the County Council (your guess is as good as mine!?!) and I'm a housewife and mother to our two beautiful little girls - Amy who's nearly 4 and a complete madam and drama queen (adore her really) and Zoe who's coming up to 7 months and thankfully seems more laid back than her sister ever did.

I first visited WDW on a day trip during a holiday in Florida back in '83. Next Disney visit was to DLP the first year it was opened and we have since been back there another four times. Got back to WDW for a week in '96 and a fortnight three years later and now I finally have another trip planned for next January. YEAY. Ol has been a willing travel companion for all these visits except the very first, though given the choice he would rather go camping in the Lake District.

Absolutely love these boards. Would love to get to a DIS meet, but never seem to be in the right place at the right time. Hopefully one day - until then enjoy them while you can!
~ WDW MK Day Trip Jan 83 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Nov 92 ~*~ DLP Newport Bay Club Nov 93 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Dec 95 ~*~ WDW Offsite Dec 96 ~*~ WDW Dixie Landings Jan 99 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Dec 99 ~*~ DLP Hotel New York Dec 02 ~*~ WDW Old Key West Feb 05 ~*~ DLP Newport Bay Club Nov 05 ~*~ DLP Day Trip Jan 06 ~*~ DLP Hotel Cheyenne Dec 06 ~*~ DLP Hotel Santa Fe Nov 07 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Portofino Bay Feb 08 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Jan 09 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge March 09 ~*~ DLP Disneyland Hotel Feb 10 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Royal Pacific Resort Oct 10 ~*~ DLP Hotel New York Dec 12 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Royal Pacific Resort Aug 13 ~

Been there ... Done that ... Definitely going back!

Bexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 03:31 AM   #40
marlouwrig
Mouseketeer

SORRY THIS IS LONG BUT YOU DID ASK

Hi

My name is Mary. I am a wage sloave working for an investment bank (precise nature of my duties is top secret - even from me) Married to DH (name escapes me for the moment) for 33 years ( well I was a child bride). Four children DS 23 & DD 22 have both left home although they turn up from time to time demanding to be fed and watered. DS's 17 & 13 still at home and strongly resisting the parental boot attempting to eject them from the nest. Well I suppose its OK for one of them to linger in order to keep us in the manner in which we wish to become accustomed in our old age.

Due to severe lack of funds never in a position to contemplate trips across the pond when kids were little. DH has a deeply intrenched aversion to parting with cash for any purpose whatsoever.

How did we ever get to Disney? Well I have a fiery Irish temper and love nothing more than a good row to clear the air. DH refuses to argue with anyone on any subject. As you can imagine we are deeply incompatible ( which is why, as my parents said our marriage will never last). As you can imagine I find this complete refusal to enter into any kind of conflict deeply frustrating - the only thing I can do to spark a reaction is to go out and spend serious money. So one day in July 2001 after a particularly frustrating non argument I went out and booked a trip to WDW for October 2002. The resulting row was extremely gratifying. Emboldened by my success on this occassion six months later after a similar non row I went out and bought a car, which also provoked a satisfying response0

That once in a lifetime trip was enough to get us both well and truly hooked and we bought DVC in July last year shortly before our second trip in August last year. First trip home in October this year and we are off to DLP last weekend in May for another Disney fix.

I too have a weight problem (about four stone) and am following WW diet. This is my second week and will be weighing myself for the first time tomorrow.

Kaylee - Bet you are sorry you asked now! This has turned out like War and Peace - I have always suffered from verbal diarrhoea
on paper.
Santa Fe DLP May 2004
RPR & BCV Oct/Nov 2004/Aug 2005/2007/2009
HRH/BCV Aug 2008
Disneyland Hotel & California Tour July 2006
marlouwrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 04:50 AM   #41
KayleeUK
Still here.....

Mary

I am certainly not sorry I asked

I must get the hand of this...have a row...book a holiday
Old 05-02-2004, 05:10 AM   #42
marlouwrig
Mouseketeer

Or buy a car!!

The only problem is what can I do for an encore??

A herd of elephants perhaps?
Santa Fe DLP May 2004
RPR & BCV Oct/Nov 2004/Aug 2005/2007/2009
HRH/BCV Aug 2008
Disneyland Hotel & California Tour July 2006
marlouwrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 07:05 AM   #43
allie5
WARNING! DHL men should be cautious of women in dressing gowns!

IVe enjoyed reading everyones replies (born nosey, me!!) so I guess I had better take part.

Im Alison (known as Allie to most!), 36, married to my toyboy, Neil, 30 for nearly 8 years. We have two children, Jessamy who is 4 and baby Daniel-Noah who is 18 months. I gave up work to look after the children, so can claim the glamourous title of Domestic Goddess. Neil works in London doing complicated things on computers. We live in Essex but dream one day of moving to Florida!

Our first trip to WDW was back in 1995, and it was that trip we got engaged. The following year we were married in Florida (funds didnt allow a Disney Wedding...Neil insisted we had to buy somewhere to live instead), but we still had a great day. One day we will renew our vows at the Grand Floridian Wedding pavillion!

We try to get to Florida every year, and this year will be trip number 8. The children love it and have been every year of their lives so far (including each of them in my tummy BEFORE they arrived!!).

This year we are looking forward to more fab meals, another Illuminations Cruise and Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party FOR THE FIRST TIME!! We are soooooo excited and its only May!!

Allie
allie5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 11:01 AM   #44
Bexx

Enjoys the UNIQUE Magic Kingdom
Crazed by the twiddly bits

Quote:
so can claim the glamourous title of Domestic Goddess
Ooh - me too, me too! I like that SO much better that 'housewife'.

I'll just go and inform DH of my new standing!
~ WDW MK Day Trip Jan 83 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Nov 92 ~*~ DLP Newport Bay Club Nov 93 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Dec 95 ~*~ WDW Offsite Dec 96 ~*~ WDW Dixie Landings Jan 99 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Dec 99 ~*~ DLP Hotel New York Dec 02 ~*~ WDW Old Key West Feb 05 ~*~ DLP Newport Bay Club Nov 05 ~*~ DLP Day Trip Jan 06 ~*~ DLP Hotel Cheyenne Dec 06 ~*~ DLP Hotel Santa Fe Nov 07 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Portofino Bay Feb 08 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Jan 09 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge March 09 ~*~ DLP Disneyland Hotel Feb 10 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Royal Pacific Resort Oct 10 ~*~ DLP Hotel New York Dec 12 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Royal Pacific Resort Aug 13 ~

Been there ... Done that ... Definitely going back!

Bexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 11:21 AM   #45
kazzie

Marlouwrig,

That was hilarious I even read it out to my DH

Good luck with being at WW,at least you've started to do something about it..unlike me

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: