Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2004, 07:06 AM   #16
mkingdon
Obsessed...and admits it!!

I'm Craig. I am a secret agent, and most of my working week is spent preventing evil overlords from blowing up the planet.

Ok, Ok, I'm an e-commerce manager...but the agent thing is usually easier to explain!!

I'm married to a much older woman called Louise. She is 35 and I'm ONLY 33! Louise is a singer and student nurse (but not usually at the same time)

We have 2 DDs Emily (9 in July) and Rebecca (7 next week.)

We have a dog called Henry, and two cats, Marmalade and Pumpkin, and a rabbit called Potato. You can see my only input to the animals names was the dog!!!

I am obsessed with WDW, and need medical help. I fit a little bit of work in, when I can't find anything else to read on Disney boards.

I've been to WDW around 8 or 9 times, and the rest of the family will be doing their fourth trip this August. My parents are coming with us this time and they are also WDW veterans.

We live in Bolton, in the North West, in a village called Egerton (posh end).

I drive a yellow (I didn't choose it) Focus with a mickey aerial topper on it.

My inside leg is.....oh, is that enough now....sorry!

Craig
Cypress Pointe August 2004

Trip Report 2003 - The Williams Tour of Florida Restrooms Sponsored by VISA

The Sunshine, Moonlight, Good Times & Boogie(board) Tour August 2007

Last edited by mkingdon; 04-30-2004 at 10:11 AM.
mkingdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 07:23 AM   #17
Duggas
Living life to the full and enjoying every moment of it.

Hi Everyone

My name is Pam, I'm 37, married to Chris for nearly 20 years now and we live near Peterborough. We don't have kids but we have two nice but dim Bassett Hounds! We both love Disney and have been 4 times so far. Chris has been once more than me but I've told him it doesn't count *** I wasn't with him!

We collect all sorts of WDW stuff, videos, books etc. but when we're not watching/reading those, we enjoy spending time on our motorbikes.

I'm completely addicted to the Disboards, Chris says I've got 'Disboarditis', I logon and time just disappears around me, the outside world ceases to exist - there is only Disney!!!

We've just booked to go to POR next June and we are soooooo excited.

Happy Disneying Everybody

Pam :D
Aug 1998 - WDW Disney Dixie Landings
Jun 2005 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside
Nov 2006 - DLP Newport Bay Club
Oct 2007 - DLP Hotel New York
Duggas is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2004, 07:28 AM   #18
Tiggernut_jadie
I have never had any sort of 'butt rot'

Okay, here goes......................

My name is Jacqui (or Jadie to my friends!!! - short for Jacqui-Dawn which is my full name!!!!! ) and I am 38 years old! I live in Wolverhampton with my hubby Mark (37) (Wolfcry on here - though he doesn't post much!) and my beautiful DD Gemma who's 3 and a bit. I was born in Wiltshire but moved up here 17 years ago to live with Mark (we've been together forever!!!). I'm a Community Learning Disability Nurse - which I love - and Mark works for the local council in the Finance dept (he's not an accountant - honest!!!!! )

We first went to Orlando in 1992 for our honeymoon and will be returning for our fifth trip in November. This will be Gemma's first trip so it'll be great seeing it all through HER eyes!!! She calls it our 'Magical Holiday' - I think she's watched the planning video too often!!!!!

My favourite character is Tigger - wow that's a shock huh?!!!

I can't think of anything else.............................................. .........
Old 04-30-2004, 08:03 AM   #19
kazzie

Hi
I'm Karen age 42 (yikes!) and live in North London.I've been with hubby (who is 41)for 20 years and have 3 sprogs.DS's are 14 and 19 and DD is 17.DS age 14 has Asperger's & 'challenging' behaviour ('challenging'is my favourite euphimism)

We've been to Orlando 6 times as a family and once as a couple for a week last Feb! We are going on a family holiday in October (oldest son no longer comes,he is all 'loved' up with his steady girlfiend) )

SO because our lives are (very) stressful with DS ,the boards and Orlando are what keep me sane.

Although I like Disney it is not the reason I love Orlando.There is so much else to the place,US/IOA,water parks,the natural Florida and beaches and countless things more......which all makes it the prefect family holiday for me.

I work part time as a classroom assistant in a Primary school and work with year 5 children.I also work occasionally at the Thomas Cook I used to work in when they need extra help.I work the the FE.It's great as I still get staff discounts on holidays and holiday money!

Hobbies are the obvious and reading

It's been great to read about people again.

Next................

Last edited by kazzie; 04-30-2004 at 01:34 PM.
kazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 10:10 AM   #20
susie2
DIS Veteran

hi, my name susie, i live in wallasey which is across the mersey from liverpool, i work in asda but have beeen off sick for over twelve months becouse of epilepsy, i have two boys 12 and 11 years old, we first went in 1997 also for holiday of a lifetime but have been twice again and are going for the first time at christmas this year, well nearly 5th dec till 21dec, have used this site alot since finding it, but not until second holiday when we realized how much we had missed out on before coming on here, married to dh for 13 years he also loves disney and loves to go to orlando susie
susie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 11:16 AM   #21
TinkTatoo
Has a Tink tattoo on her shoulder
Hooked on Disney Cruises

Hi

I am Jakki 42 in May (yeikes) married to Steve 47 for the past 15 years. We live in Ireland having moved here from London 10 years ago. We have 2 kids DS (just) 7 and DD 6 in July. DS has Autism and DD has Aspergers Syndrome and to quote Kazzie their behaviour can be very challenging at times

We've been to Florida 4 times (2 with the kids) and are going again this August with a villa booked for summer 2005 and 2006.

It is a great place for us to go as there is so much to do. Again like Kazzie (sorry - I am starting to sound like a stalker ) this board plus another UK Disney one keep me sane and I enjoy reading all the posts.

I don't work as DS and DD take up most of my time but I am involved in the setting up and running of a parent to parent support group for parents of children with special needs.

Oh and I joined Weight Watchers 18 months ago and so far have lost 4 stone (got another 3 to go)

Hope I haven't sent anyone to sleep :sleep:

Jakki

TinkTatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 11:16 AM   #22
TinkTatoo
Hooked on Disney Cruises

Hi

I am Jakki 42 in May (yeikes) married to Steve 47 for the past 15 years. We live in Ireland having moved here from London 10 years ago. We have 2 kids DS (just) 7 and DD 6 in July. DS has Autism and DD has Aspergers Syndrome and to quote Kazzie their behaviour can be very challenging at times

We've been to Florida 4 times (2 with the kids) and are going again this August with a villa booked for summer 2005 and 2006.

It is a great place for us to go as there is so much to do. Again like Kazzie (sorry - I am starting to sound like a stalker ) this board plus another UK Disney one keep me sane and I enjoy reading all the posts.

I don't work as DS and DD take up most of my time but I am involved in the setting up and running of a parent to parent support group for parents of children with special needs.

Oh and I joined Weight Watchers 18 months ago and so far have lost 4 stone (got another 3 to go)

Hope I haven't sent anyone to sleep :sleep:

Jakki

Old 04-30-2004, 11:21 AM   #23
TinkTatoo
Hooked on Disney Cruises

Sorry - for some reason this got posted twice. I tried to delete but I can't, perhaps one of the mods could do it for me

Thanks

Old 04-30-2004, 01:14 PM   #24
richard3330
Cirque Fan

Hi

I'm Richard I'm 36 and married to DW Frances who is 35. We have 2 children - one DS, Joshua, who is 5 going on 40 and DD, Ella who is 8 months. We have lived in West Hill, East Devon for nearly 2 years now with our 2 west highland white terriers. We previously lived in Windsor, Berkshire but moved to Devon due to my job (business consultant - won't bore you with the details ) and for a slower pace of life! DW manages and works in a children's day nursery but has taken time out to look after Ella, although will be returning.

We've been going to WDW since 2000 (not that long really!) but soon got addicted. Briefly visited Tokyo Disney is '98, stayed at Disneyland California in '91 and '01 and visited Disneyland Paris many times.

The boards keep me busy and I really enjoy finding out as much information as I can about Florida to improve each holiday. Plus, I like to share any help when I can .

DS is Disney-Mad (particularly Stitch mad ) and DD, Ella seemed to love her first trip to Disney.

DLCalifornia - Grand Californian - 2001
USF/WDW - Portofino Bay, AK Lodge, Virgin Holiday Villa in Newport Richey - 2001
USF/WDW - Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian and Portofino Bay - Xmas/New Year 2002/2003
Grand Floridian/Beach Club/ Portofino Bay & 3 night Disney Cruise - April 2004

Disneyland Paris -
Hotel New York (92) Sequioa Lodge (93) Newport Bay Club (Admirals Floor) (96) Newport Bay Club (Admirals Floor) (97)
Disneyland Hotel (2000) (March 2002) (Walt's Apartment, Disney Studios Grand Opening!) (July 2002) (2003)
richard3330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 01:29 PM   #25
Kevin Stringer
Chat Host
Oddly concerned about an elephant living in his pyjamas
The TF would like to see Kevin’s rendition of 'Great balls of fire'

Ok, we've been hanging around here for a couple of centuries, so most people know us by now, but for those that don't........

I'm Kev. Mike Jones and I must be the most unimaginative blokes here as we can't be bothered to think up a clever user name.
I'm a rather fragrant and lovely 46 year old. (Me and Mary Archer both, although she is a bit older than me!)
I'm a Quality Manager for a local manufacturing company. Suffice to say our product range is varied, but includes bottle coolers for pubs and condom vending machines. Now there's a recipe for a good party.
I've been to WDW 9 times starting in 1988 and have been a member of the DVC since 2000.

Tam is my wife. She is like a flower. Generally a Venus Flytrap. Just turned 40 and getting to grips with that fact.
She says that she will do her own introduction in a later post as she can't trust me to be truthful. You can't blame her.

Our 2 daughters are India (13) and Georgia (10). Both have been to WDW multiple times and don't realise how lucky they are.

The DIS boards have been part of our lives for a few years now and many a happy hour has been spent at Meets around the country chatting and drinking. Many good friends have been made and I think that is one of the greatest strengths of the Boards, they give people who would never otherwise meet the chance to get to know each other.

Finally, Mike..... sorry to your wife, but I cannot be held responsible for the many hours you've spent here. I mean, you don't shoot the messanger. In fact, I think I should be open to some financial reward for all the excellent advice you will have picked up here over the years. I take cheques.......

Cheers

Kev
Kevin Stringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 01:31 PM   #26
Scottish_Maleficent
DIS Veteran

Hi - I'm Cath age 33, married to Tony age 36 for 9 years. We live near Glasgow and have 2 boys, Anthony almost 6 and Christopher almost 5. I'm a Deputy Matron in a Private Nursing Home and Tony is a Refrigeration Engineer.

We've been to WDW 3 times as a family and once as a couple, way back in 1996. Our next trip in April next year staying in a villa in Emerald Island.

I am totally addicted to WDW and plan every trip with military precision - which drives DH crazy! I check out the DIS boards every day - just love them so much. Been a DISer for around 2 years I think!

Scottish_Maleficent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 01:38 PM   #27
kazzie

Thumbs up

Jakki,

You can stalk me anytime

4 stone,that is amazing,well done I need to lose weight but can't cope with that and everything else
Old 04-30-2004, 02:16 PM   #28
MsPennieLane
Self-confessed Disney addict
Grits and gravy for brekkie? Yuck!

it's great reading about everybody

Quote:
I've got 'Disboarditis'
hehe I love that

also well done for losing 4 stone. I'm doing WW too and have lost a stone so far

Anz

Previous Trips:
September 1989 March 2003
January, July, September, December 2004
October 2005

Coming Up:
April/May 2006 with my Mum and her husband
MsPennieLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 02:17 PM   #29
Tammy Stringer
I love babies - all milky and baby powdery
Do you knit, Barbara?
Up for the marquee option

I'm Tammy (long suffering wife of Kevin)

Just turned 40 - but it's not as depressing as I imagined.

I am a System's Administrator at the same company as Kev - been there about 18 months now, compared to his 18 years. But no we don't work in the same office so it's not as sad as it sounds.

As Kev said we have two wonderful daughters, who are my pride and joy, and I love doing all the girly things with them ie clothes shopping, decorating their rooms etc., and of course picking on Kev.

Love Florida and WDW, particularly all the fabulous food on offer and I'm particularly fond of the Gulf Coast especially Sanibel and Captiva for their laid back atmosphere.

First toured all round Florida in 1988 when we did both coasts and all down the Keys to Key West, and have been hooked ever since.

Tammy
Tammy Stringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 03:18 PM   #30
KayleeUK
Still here.....

Tam Good to see you posting.

Thanks everyone for joining in this thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: