Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2004, 12:48 PM   #1
KayleeUK
Still here.....

Talking **Getting to know you......**

I know there are a lot of old posters here but we have some newies too So I thought its about time we got to know one another.....I will go first.....

**Updated**

I am Kaylee

We have visited WDW 6 times, the first in 2000 when we were married at Disney's Polynesian Resort. We became DVC members at the Boardwalk that year too. So far we have stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort, Boardwalk Villas, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club Villa's, Old Key West Resort and the Hard Rock Hotel. Our next trip will be in 2008 back to our 'home' the Boardwalk

OK whos next...........

Last edited by KayleeUK; 02-07-2008 at 12:21 PM.
KayleeUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 01:32 PM   #2
Van Helsing
My glass is half empty.

Hi i'm Van Helsing i originally came from Amsterdam but now i live in the 19th century and wherever evil exists.

I'm a doctor, lawyer, scientist, and philosopher - the ultimate man of logic and reason. Also i have an iron nerve, a temper of the ice-brook, and indomitable resolution, self-command and toleration.

But who are you !!!!
Van Helsing is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2004, 02:41 PM   #3
Local Boo
Earning My Ears

Hello Wembley it's great to be back!

Hi - I've got the worst name ever (a combination of the League of Gentlemen and my nickname when I was a baby!) I've been to WDW before (2000) and am going again this October.

Have a lovely husband and two (sometimes) lovely boys (14 and 9) 14 year old is at the stage where he only communicates by grunts, sneers and strops. 9 year old has discovered Aerosmith (thanks to the ride!) and now wants to design roller coasters for all other metal bands and open his own theme park.

We live in the most exciting place on the planet - Reading! Well, it's near the M4 and at least it isn't Slough - what more do you want from a town?

Next.
Local Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 02:53 PM   #4
Miffy2003
I've got Saratoga Springs - makes me smile every time I log on!
Yumtastic!!

Hello!

My name's Karen and I live with my DH Jon and 2 DD's Amber (7) and Erin (4). We live in a village called Broadclyst just outside Exeter in Devon.

I've been to WDW twice - Jon has been many more times than that. We are going in December and staying onsite for the first time ever (how excited am I??). Even better, we have just bought into DVC (I still have to pinch myself to believe it's true!) and are planning our first trip "home" in August 2005. Will also be doing a 3 day cruise if I get my way!

I seem to spend a lot of my leisure time planning and reading about WDW and love reading these boards. Oh yes, and brainwashing my daughters into becoming the Disney fans we both are!!

Like Kaylee we also collect pins and have a large collection of plushes...Erin has many Minnie Mouses in various outfits whereas Amber prefers the more unusual ones like Squirt. My favourite is Pumbaa!!

Next, please!
Old 04-29-2004, 03:16 PM   #5
signtalker
"in House" Disney Cast Member

Hi im Jules, resident Disney Cast member here in england, and also Interpreteur for the deaf/teacher.(hence the name signtalker, as i talk in sign language for the majority of the week!)
One of the "Old" crowd having been here awhile(before the boards crashed and everybody lost their post counts! ).

Hooked on disney since our first trip(dragged DH kicking and screaming), and well our trip of a lifetime has turned into more than one visit LOL!!!

Favorite character would have to be Mickey Mouse

And when not planning other people's holidays or reading my Brits guide, you can find me, dancing around in the local disney store!

Pop Century August 09
4 weeks in Sydney/Adelaide December08/Jan 09
October 07 Pop Century1 week
August 07 Vegas/Phoenix/Tuscon/Sedona 3 weeks
September 06 Onsite Pop Century 1 week
May 06 Australia Brisbane to Cairns(3 weeks)
Lindfields May 2005 (3 weeks) Villa
September 05 onsite Animal Kingdom Lodge (1 week)
March 05 1 week onsite Coronado Springs
July 04 1 week onsite Pop Century(me and MIL)
las vegas/grand canyon/California
May 2004 (3 weeks)
Fat Towers May 2003 (3 weeks) Villa
Sahara Desert August 2002
New York Feb 2001 (5 days)
Holiday Inn Sunspree July/Aug 2001 (2 weeks)
signtalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 03:40 PM   #6
Mike Jones
....nothing clever to say... just daft about Disneyworld!
I was right not to touch my own tag!!
Victim of a drive-by tag attack!

My real name's ...er.. well... Mike Jones, actually!.. I didn't understand the concept of a 'username' when I first found the site!

Was recommended here by Kev Stringer, after emailing him to congratulate him on his superb trip reports (found them via another site, not a forum)..oh, Kev, the wife wants a word.. she's calculated I've spent at least 1 month out of the last 11 on this and other Disney forums, and she wants compensation please!

Nearly 40 (and there's a tale.. going to WDW for a concentrated 6 day assault with my best mate to celebrate this, as DW wouldn't go for less than 2 weeks.), I'm quite fit, enjoy hillwalking (30-40 miles a week usually), I'm a partner/ director in a 'real estate' ( in US speak,) business (ok I admit it, I'm an estate agent!) and a director of a property investment company. I live in sunny Lancashire, ideally placed for regular runs to the Lakes, Dales and Peak District, not to mention Manchester airport!

Married 19 years to Heather (together since we were 14!) and two kiddies.. DD 11.5 and DS nearly 10. Oh, and Meg-the-dog!

Been to WDW 4 times now since 2001 (twice last year!) and going again as a family at easter 2005 (doing a week at the Gulf again, too)

Mad about Epcot and IOA/US, but not bothered about MK.

that enough Kaylee?

mike
Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 03:10 AM   #7
natalielongstaff
I need a cup of tea and a big bar of free chocolate now
Was born with my dancing shoes at the ready
I will be back later to stalk some more

hi all

im a newbie !! i found the site from the brits guide book and now im addicted to it hehe
i have brought a little notebook to record all your fab tips and i cant wait for our famalies 1st WDW trip
i am married to john and swe have two children ellie is 6 and matthew is 3.we are also travelling with my mum ( 60 on our 2nd week of the trip) and my brother who is 1 year younger than me (30)

next please

natalielongstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 03:14 AM   #8
shellbell
When it rains, it pours

Hi i'm Michelle Flynn, I live with my DH Martyn and our DD Lucy(3 in august). We have been married for 4 years in October.

We live in Warrington (between Liverpool and Manchester). I work for Mothercare and Martyn was discharged out of the Army in December last year due a car crash he had on the 1st may 2001. His right femur snapped and he had a number of other injuries and his leg has taken along time to heal, hence the med discharge.

Were going to Florida in September for 3 weeks first two at Disney and the 3rd on the gulf coast. This is my first time (and DD) DH and his parents who we are going with have been about 5 times before.

My favourite characters are Minnie and Piglet.

I can't wait to get over there and have a great time:thewave:

Michelle

June 05 1wk AS Movies, 1wk villa, 1wk Indian Rocks Holiday Inn
Oct 06 2 wks Pop Century, 1wk Villa
May/June 08 3wks Pop Century
shellbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 04:13 AM   #9
KayleeUK
Still here.....

This is great...come on everyone join in
Old 04-30-2004, 05:00 AM   #10
UKANGEL
Champagne Girls Rule!

okey dokey!
An 'old poster' here!

Married to Mark (Chunkster20uk) last May....wow nearly our 1st Anniversary! and spent our honeymoon in Florida and on a Magic cruise
We met on this very site 2 years ago

I have 1 daughter, Becky, who's just turned 16 and has her own band where she plays Bass guitar.

We're currently in Southend, Essex but are relocating to Reading as soon as we find a house!

Not long back from my 8th trip to Disney and have another planned for November

WDW, DLP, and DCL cruising since 1996

UKANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 05:23 AM   #11
Sebastian
Earning My Ears

Hello,

My names Paul (the name of my gerbil is Sebastian!), I'm 23 and I live with my girlfriend Lindsay (also 23) . We live in Gloucestershire at the moment, but as from next Wednesday we're relocating to a place called Lymm, near Warrington (so not far from you ShellBell).

I usually lurk on here whilst in work (wonder if I'll be able to do that at my new job?) but tend not to post that often as due to moving, I won't have any money for Disney trips for a while

I've only been to Disney twice, in October 2001 with family, and in October 2003 with Lindsay and a couple of friends.

Next.....
Sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 05:34 AM   #12
Peebee
Disney Dad

Nice idea Kaylee :D

I'm Paul B (hence Peebee as a nickname :D) and have been posting on and off on the boards for the last four years or so - doesn't time fly...can't really remember how I found my way here in the first place but very glad I did.

Home is in Woking, Surrey with DW Helen and DS Ryan (1 year old next week), and slightly mad cat Bobo. Got engaged at Disney in 2000 and then part of the honeymoon 3 years ago.

We've been to Florida about 7 times now (I think - starting to lose count - oh dear!), and our next holiday begins on Sunday We're also DVC members so will be staying at our home resort of the Boardwalk, and taking my mum along for a nice break in the sunshine.

As well as the Boardwalk we've also stayed at Port Orleans Riverside (when it was Dixie Landings), Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs (just for a night!), the Yacht Club, Wilderness Lodge Villas and Old Key West. BW is still the fave, although WL was lovely too.

This will probably be our last trip to the US for a little while, as we've just found out that Ryan will be getting a little brother or sister (hopefully not both ) towards the end of the year.

Fave park is Epcot, probably because of the huge variety to be found there. Rides, attractions, food and fireworks - what more could you ask for?

Paul
Old 04-30-2004, 05:50 AM   #13
MsPennieLane
Self-confessed Disney addict
Grits and gravy for brekkie? Yuck!

Ok well hello all, I'm Annabel (Anz is my nickname) and I'm 31, married to a welshy called Andy. We met via Yahoo chat 3 and a bit years ago and have been together ever since. Andy proposed after we'd only been together 3 weeks. We got married in August 2002. We live in Porth, South Wales at the moment but are starting to plan our relocation to South East London - I was born in London so am a cockney wench at heart. Hubby fancies a complete change and hates his job, hence the move - am looking forward to moving back I must admit.

We have no kids but 3 pets - 2 dogs, Deefer who is nearly 11 and Woody who is 9 months old and a little pickle, and 1 cat called Foofoo (no I didn't name her ) and she's nearly 3. They are our babies as far as we are concerned.

I first went to WDW in 1989 when I was 16 with my parents and my brother and fell in love with it, tried desperately to get back and finally managed it in March 2003 when I persuaded hubby he'd love Florida. It was a close call - 8 hours in to the flight he was swearing he'd never do it again but thankfully he fell in love with Disney and Florida too so I've finally converted him We went back in Jan this year and have booked to spend Christmas at Disney.

I have started collecting pins and beanies - to the extent where I am getting rid of my entire Garfield collection to collect Disney instead In my spare time I like to write, swim and spend time with hubby, oh and of course plan those future trips and spend a fair bit of time checking out Disney boards. Oh and my MsPennieLane username is taken from one of my favourite films Almost Famous. My fave characters are Tinkerbell and Eeyore and I love all Disney films. Ok I've written an essay so I'll stop now - next please

Anz

Previous Trips:
September 1989 March 2003
January, July, September, December 2004
October 2005

Coming Up:
April/May 2006 with my Mum and her husband
MsPennieLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 06:09 AM   #14
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Talking

Hi there

What a great idea!! Well here goes:-

I'm Mandy (age 40 but try not to admit it), married to Paul (39) and we have two DD's 13 & 11. We're from Nuneaton and love anything Disney. We've been to WDW 6 times and done 2 Disney cruises.

My fave character is Goofy and love getting different photos of him in different outfits - fave photo of this year was Goofy and Mickey in their Mission:Space outfits, but I LOVE my photo of Goofy in his Sailor outfit.

The family all love the Disney characters - but noone is into the Princess's (just TOO girly).

I love these boards and usually check them out twice a day.

mandymouse

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 06:15 AM   #15
gilld
Will just have the butler open her champagne!

Hi I'm Gill and my husband is Tony. We have 3 grown up kids in their 20's.. We've all been to WDW 5 times and last year Tony and I bought into DVC at BCV. With 2 expensive holidays planned for this year and one next March, we shan't get to WDW until Sept 2005 but I'm already planning every detail.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: