Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2004, 11:21 AM   #1
Smcgibeau
Mouseketeer

Maclaren stroller, tell me I got a great deal.

Okay, I have a four year old who's out of her strollers at home (she'll be 5 the very end of August) But I wanted one for Disney as I know she'll need one. We didn't have any of her old ones a they didn't make it through the winter in our shed DD is 40 inches high but only 33 lbs so she'll fit in a stroller nicely still.

I did lots of research and didn't want to do a cheap umbrella one as we are hoping for another child so wanted something to last. My hubby also hated the steering on the ones we had. I read so much about the Maclaren's I felt it was the way to go.

So, I just bidded and won one on ebay. Its a Triumph and its brand new in the box but last years model. I paid $96 for it with $20 shipping, so well under the $150 normal price tag.

Who else has a Maclaren and do you like it?
Marriott 1995
ASM/BC 1998
BWV 2000
CR 2002
CR 2003
Sheraton 2003
POFQ 2004
Smcgibeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 02:18 PM   #2
Roxie A
Mouseketeer

I ordered one but when it came I didn't like it, I'm 5 ft tall and I felt like I had to hold my arms up in the air to push it. Ended up putting it on Ebay. If you are tall these are definately the brand for you.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2004, 02:18 PM   #3
tiggerzpalz
Mouseketeer

I just got a Maclaren, the Twin Traveler, and I love it. No bulkiness like other strollers, fits through regular doors, is so light to carry and is very comfortable. Folds up nice and tight. I have to say I highly recommend them.
tiggerzpalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 03:00 PM   #4
crazywig
DIS Veteran

i have 5 maclarens (4 singles and a double), so obviously i love them! you will too

that's a pretty good price!

crazywig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 04:31 PM   #5
kangaandroo
Mouseketeer

LOVE THEM!

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'June 15, 2004 9:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=blue>Back for our 3rd anniversary and my husbands 40th b-day </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Yea! we\\\'re here';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'July 25, 2004 10:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=purple>Back for a convention. John works, we play! </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Hot and loving it!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

kangaandroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 05:39 PM   #6
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

I've got 2-1 single and 1 double. My DD (5 in May) still fits into both and she's 40 lbs and 42+". You'll LOVE it!

I'm hoping to plan a November trip with DD(5), DS(3), and DD(1) and I'm planning on taking just the single for baby and renting a double when needed in the parks.
lovesdumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 12:04 PM   #7
shelly3girls

Disney mom

We were in a very similar situation when we brought our Triumph in March. We loved it! In fact my DH's only complaint was why did it take us 4 other singles to find this one!!! You will love it, and yes I think you got a good deal. We paid about the same at Babies R Us for a 2004 model, but that was during their Baby Days sale that they only have twice a year.
shelly3girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 10:05 PM   #8
trish1970
Life is good at the Poly
Enjoys the parks ... rain or shine

Great stroller

We just purchased a Triumph last month and so far I LOVE IT! I will never go back to any other stroller. Yes, you got a very good deal. We decided to go with the 2004 model and I paid $149. The cheapest I could find a 2003 model was for $120. You will love it.
trish1970 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: