Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2004, 03:08 PM   #1
Mickeydad
A wise man once said... "You're where you are today, because you choose to be." I choose Disney World!

Location: Burlington, CT - Proud fan of the 27-time World Champion NEW YORK YANKEES & the 4-time Super Bowl Champion NEW YORK GIANTS!!

Restaurant Reviews Just Back!

Day One
Medieval Times (Kissimmee) - We got our tix from AAA in Ft. Pierce, FL. My parents live there, so the discount was better than the 2 or 4 dollar coupons that are out there. Food was VERY good with LARGE portions. Someone had said the portions were small, so I was very concerned about spending the dollars. They weren't at all. So was good, and my kids DS6 & DD9 loved it. My DW and I enjoyed it as well. Probably will do it again it 2 or 3 years from now.

Day Two
Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge - This was a bit of a different experience. There were alot of action happening throughout dinner. The servers were really great. Always doing the "ketchup" thing. My DS6 couldn't wait to ask for ketchup!! My wife had a pasta dish that she really enjoyed. I had the all-you-can-eat selection. I really didn't like it that much. I think it was the seasoning on the chicken. DON'T decide not to go to this restaurant because of this, I'm a VERY picky eater.

Day Three
Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge - We've eaten here before and enjoyed it again. We loved the different soups and salads. They had a meat carving station - very tasty! We'll do this again on our next visit. I like buffets!

Day Four
O'Hana at the Polynesian - This was the first time we ate here. We WILL DO IT AGAIN, AND AGAIN, AND AGAIN!! The food was OUTSTANDING. The kids loved the cococunt races and hula hoop contests. I like buffets or all-you-can-eat dinners. This was an all-you-can-eat dinner!! We had a greater server that kept bringing us skewers. Just great.

Day Five
California Grill at the Contempary - We had a 7:50pm PS so that we could see "Wishes." However, my DD9 was sooooo hungry that we showed up at 6:15pm and they took us then. So, we DIDN'T see "Wishes" from the restaurant. We will go back. My DW and I had the filet. It was spectcular. I know, I know, I like buffets or all-you-can-eat dinners, but this was worth it. Yes, it is a bit pricy. But very good. We will do this again.

Day Six
Cape May at the Beach Club - This is one of our favorite buffets. I truely think I ate 50 mussels before I got to anything else on the buffet!! Just great as always. My dad wanted some chicken soup instead of the clam chowder. He asked our server and they produced it. In fact, they got it from another restaurant.

Day Seven
San Angel Inn/Mexico at Epcot (LUNCH) - This was great. Just sorry we did it at 1pm. You'll understand when you read my review on dinner for this day. We had a combination lunch that include 2 soft tacos (Chicken/Meat) and a quesadea (spelling), and refried beans. Very filling a delicious. We will do this again next time.

Teppenyaki in Japan at Epcot - Well, this was the BEST dinner of the trip. We had never been here and really aren't big sushi eaters. If you've been to a Benny Hanna's (Spelling), you will love this restaurant. Our chef was fun and cooked everything to our liking. If I didn't have such a filling lunch in Mexico, I would have enjoyed this meal even more!! Even my DS6 who only eats chicken fingers and ketchup ate the rice, noodles & grilled chicken. Just fabulous. We will DEFINATELY eat here again on our next trip.

Day Eight
Le Cellier in Canada at Epcot - First time eating here as well. Unfortunately, I didn't like the cheddar cheese soup. (Sorry everyone) I did like the salad, great dressing. I had the prime rib and asparagus. I am a BIG steak eater, and I really didn't like the meat or the asparagus. Now, don't decide not to go to this restaurant because of this. They just used too much pepper on the steak and asparagus. Remember I said I was a picky eater. Don't think we will do this again.

All in all it was a VERY filling vacation. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Mickeydad
Mickeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 03:43 PM   #2
Ron from Michigan
Our first Grandchild !!!

Thanks for the great reviews. I'm glad to see that you had so many great meals at WDW. We did Teppenyaki for the first time last Sept. and really loved it too.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2004, 03:48 PM   #3
candykisses
Ask Me About My Sheltie
Likes to cool off with the Tiki Birds

Thanks for the reviews. Cape May is one of our favorites, too!
Old 04-26-2004, 04:38 PM   #4
mbcary

DIS Veteran

Mickeydad,

Thanks for the reviews. I am actually a little glad to hear about Le Cellier because we can't seem to get a PS for there for any dinner we are there. There are 6 of us going and they can't get a table for all of us without splitting us up.

Maybe I won't be missing as much after all.

mbcary

mbcary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 04:49 PM   #5
sweet maxine
DIS Veteran

Mbcary, I see you are from Arkansas! I grew up in southeast Arkansas and live in Mississippi. Some of my best memories are of camping in north Arkansas when I was young! I miss the people there, and just the scenery in general. We will be leaving 3 weeks from tomorrow, so I guess we will be on your heels almost getting there. Have fun!

I was glad to hear such a good review about 'Ohana. My family is looking forward to their first dinner experience there! Yummy!!
sweet maxine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 05:04 PM   #6
sugermouse
Would eat all meals at Tepanyaki as long as they were follwed by 20 drops on Tower of Terror
Knows the special chant to receive a tag
In a former life, the tag fairy was actually a fig plucker

Mickey Dad, you and I are cut from the same mold. Pretty much following your schedule on our upcoming trip in July. Only difference is that Teppanayki is DS favorite restaurant so we will be eating there four times!

I am curoius, did you gain any weight?

2008 Riverside French Quarter
2007 Swan
2006 Coronado Springs
2006 Contemporary/Dolphin
2005 Yacht Club/Dolphin
2004 Swan
2004 Dolphin
2003 Swan
2001 Contemporary/Riverside
1999 Boardwalk
1997 Grand Floridian
1996 Riverside
1995 Contemporary
1992 Grand Floridian
1987 Polynesian
sugermouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 06:32 PM   #7
Mickeydad
A wise man once said... "You're where you are today, because you choose to be." I choose Disney World!

Location: Burlington, CT - Proud fan of the 27-time World Champion NEW YORK YANKEES & the 4-time Super Bowl Champion NEW YORK GIANTS!!

No, not really. I usually have a good breakfast in the villa and nibble at lunch. A save room in my belly for dinners!!

Mickeydad
Old 04-28-2004, 07:34 PM   #8
sugermouse
Would eat all meals at Tepanyaki as long as they were follwed by 20 drops on Tower of Terror
Knows the special chant to receive a tag
In a former life, the tag fairy was actually a fig plucker

Thanks, I am on a diet and don't want to "kill all of it" while on vacation.

2008 Riverside French Quarter
2007 Swan
2006 Coronado Springs
2006 Contemporary/Dolphin
2005 Yacht Club/Dolphin
2004 Swan
2004 Dolphin
2003 Swan
2001 Contemporary/Riverside
1999 Boardwalk
1997 Grand Floridian
1996 Riverside
1995 Contemporary
1992 Grand Floridian
1987 Polynesian
sugermouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 07:50 PM   #9
danny1649
Will be wearing some lime green
I just love to dance
Armed with this information I might be able to out score DW for once

DISboards Moderator

Thumbs up Thank You For

Sharing your reviews,glad you had a great meal at Teppanyaki one of our favorites and sorry about your experience at LeCellier another one of our favorites.I enjoyed reading your reviews and you telling it like it was.I and many others appreciate you taking the time to post your reviews.
danny1649 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 02:33 AM   #10
Minniespal

The Original 'Free Spirit'
Who's Next??

Great reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.
Minniespal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 06:47 AM   #11
TwingleMum
DIS Veteran

MickeyDad- Thanks for the wonderful reviews. You gave me some new places to try.
TwingleMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 09:13 AM   #12
Mickeydad

My absolute pleasure!! These boards have provided my DW & I with so much quality info.

I am glad to do my part for all of you!!

Mickeydad
Old 04-29-2004, 03:16 PM   #13
suevee
I am in a frenzy!
A year later was in the same fix

Thanks for the reviews. At Whispering Canyon I always get the glazed pork chops. Two HUGE chops, really enough for 2. They are great!

treehouses '86, SoG 2000, Sog 2002, CR 2003, CR and Poly 2004, Sog 2005, 2006, 2007, March 2008, June 2008, Sog for Feb/Mar 2009, and Oct 2009 thanks to military Salute!!....Following Husband's wishes ...trip in March 2012 with grandson...Family trip in June 2012...
suevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 05:29 PM   #14
laso82
Earning My Ears

Great reviews! Our two personal favorites are O'Hana and Teppenyaki! Waaaaaahhhh! I wanna go back!

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'April 04, 2004 12:00:00 PM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue> BCV HRH </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Woohoo!!!! We made it!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
laso82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 05:36 PM   #15
4greatboys
I will be proud to wear my lime green ribbon and will be on the lookout for others
I have 4 boys-fortunately for me the 2 littles smell pretty good ;-)
YaYa Sister

Thanks for the reviews!

4greatboys is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: