Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 02:26 PM   #46
kathylovesdisneyworl
Can we go to WDW again!

Grover, congradulations on getting married. Have you considered signing up for magical gatherings. Then all of the reservations will be tied together and you might have better luck keeping everyone closer together. Also, the Magic gatherings wishes cruise was awsome, so if you are looking for anything extra to do you would have that option.
Old 03-22-2004, 04:23 PM   #47
IloveDMB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by grover
I am going to be married at the Swan this Oct. I have decided on staying at POFQ for the first part of our stay. I will have a number of family members and a couple of friends coming as well but we will be booking less than 10 rooms so no group booking for us. If I mention when I book my room and have everyone else mention when they book there's that we are all travelling together will they put us in the same building?? I would hate for us to be scrattered all over the resort even though it is not very big. Will need to know each others reservation numbers when requesting this? Of course our luck is that we also have a few smokers in our group so they most likely will be in a different building right??
Grover in Winnipeg
Like the poster above, how about considering a magical gathering? If you have some smokers there is one building where there are smoking floors and non-smoking floors, so you may all end up in the same building.

Congratulations on the wedding!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2004, 06:57 PM   #48
Dalpal
Has a brand new granddaughter!
Does not get clever until I have had my coffee.....Thats ok neither does the Tag Fairy
Will try to be good...

Hi,
I just saw on allearsnet.com it says that they now provide coffeemakers and two packs of coffee.
I dont know about you all, but This is great news for me. I like to have a cup asap after I wake up.

OUR PAST TRIPS
Apr 96 DL/May 00 POR/May 01 CSR/Jul 03 YC/Jun 04 FQ/Jul 05 POLY/May06 Poly/Jan 07 PC/DCL Wonder/Sep 07 WL/ JUN 08 PC/ MAR 10 FQ/AUG 11 POLY/ APR 12 PC/Aug 12 PC/DCL Dream
Old 03-23-2004, 08:34 PM   #49
grover
DIS VETERAN
SUPERSCRAPBOOKER
DISNEY ON THE BRAIN
BRIDEZILLA I'M NOT

Actually another dis'er emailed me the other day to tell me about Grand Gatherings- I will be looking into both!
Anything i can do to kind've keep us together-that would beat having to run around the resort and make it easier to get everyone organized to go to the parks and such!
Ohh and I hope they have a coffee maker-then no need to stop on the way to the parks!
Grover in Winnipeg
POP CENTURY OCT 2004,
POFQ Nov 2006, POP Century 2006,
POFQ May 2009
, POR May 2009, POR Oct 2011, POR Oct 2013,
CB Oct 2014, CS Dec 2014

Old 03-23-2004, 08:39 PM   #50
Crazy4mandms
Addicted to WDW and proud of it!

YEEEHAAAA...don't have to bring my coffeemaker! One less thing to worry about...so now the real million dollar coffee maker question is this....what kind of filters does it take? the triangle ones or the round ones? This is very important as I don't want to have to go running out to the store after I check in cuz i got the wrong kinda filters!!!
Around the World Life Tour In Progress!!! '03 ASSp ~~~ '04 POFQ ~~~ '06 CS ~~~ '07 SS ~~~07 ASMo ~~ Y.E.S trip w/19 middle school students ASMu ~~~ 07 Pop ~~~ '08 OKW ~~~09 BCV/AK Romantic Getaway with 1st-Timer Incredible DH! HE PROPOSED IN CINDERELLA'S CASTLE!!!! ~~~ '10 Special mom/son trip AKV/POR w/ DS and family trip to US/IOA HRH ~~~ '11 CBR ~~~'11 1 yr anniv trip w/ DH BLT ~~~'12 AoA Nemo + 1 night 2nd anniv at Poly~~~12' Girls Only Trip offsite~~~'14 - AP HOLDER - CAN'T STOP THE MADNESS!!
Old 03-24-2004, 07:22 AM   #51
Dalpal
Has a brand new granddaughter!
Does not get clever until I have had my coffee.....Thats ok neither does the Tag Fairy
Will try to be good...

Crazy4mandms ,
Good point! Does anyone know what kind to take?

OUR PAST TRIPS
Apr 96 DL/May 00 POR/May 01 CSR/Jul 03 YC/Jun 04 FQ/Jul 05 POLY/May06 Poly/Jan 07 PC/DCL Wonder/Sep 07 WL/ JUN 08 PC/ MAR 10 FQ/AUG 11 POLY/ APR 12 PC/Aug 12 PC/DCL Dream
Old 03-24-2004, 09:03 AM   #52
blockmiller
Earning My Ears

POFQ Slide

We're staying June 11-19 at POFQ. Does anyone know how long the slide is? Is it about the same length as Coronado Springs?
Old 03-24-2004, 09:24 AM   #53
edcrbnsoul
Don't let a bag of Poo become your Big Fork and Spoon

I'm just surprised in this day of instant technology,that the FQ has been open for 3 days and we have not seen a single photo I think all the guests are being selfish and keeping all the secrets to themselves its like a little power trip !

Don't they know that there are people out here trying to live vicariously (my 50 cent word of the day) through them

(this was all done tongue in cheek I dont really expect people to interupt their vacations)
Old 03-24-2004, 09:28 AM   #54
iluvwdw_2002
Smile and ALWAYS have fun!!!

I agree!!! What are these guys thinking go out and having a good time, when they should be posting up pics for us to see!!!

We are not feeling the love here. Ha! Ha!

Just kidding...I am sure it won't be long before we see some the new pics. Have a good day everyone!!

Old 03-24-2004, 04:46 PM   #55
IloveDMB
DIS Veteran

I also agree. Don't these people know we are waiting desperately to see some pictures?

Some people, I tell you.

Well, I am going to finish this FAQ thread soon, I promise. Classes are just a tad too crazy right now. Sorry.
Old 03-28-2004, 09:18 AM   #56
iluvwdw_2002
Smile and ALWAYS have fun!!!

Hi, Everyone!! I was wondering if any of you have any more new pics of POFQ?

I also wanted to bump this, so it will easy to find.

Have a good Sunday!!

Old 03-28-2004, 04:51 PM   #57
polkadotminnie
I still like the idea of a glass slipper
I'd love a Mickey bar right now!
It would be great fun to grant pixie dust to an unsuspecting family

Talking

Just back! I am trying to figure out how to post these pictures for you. To answer a few questions: There was coffee and a coffee maker in the room. The pool slide was fun but shorter than CSR.
The resort was beautiful but crowded. (We usually go the first week of May). We were in room 5139 which was a great location. There rooms were bright and cheery. The mattresses were very comfortable and must have been new. They were a lot more comfortable than those at CSR where we stayed at the beginning of the week. It was a very short walk everywhere except to the parking lot. When you have a 3 kids and a ton of luggage, being close to the car is important. We really enjoyed our stay. Snow White left an autographed birthday card in the room for my DD's 2nd birthday! We ate beignets for breakfast yesterday . They were delicious! The food court was a madhouse because it was packed with people. I will keep trying to figure out how to put the pictures on here. My DH will be home later if I don't figure it out before then. Check back for pictures. Any questions?
Old 03-28-2004, 04:56 PM   #58
Eyore4Ever149
Having withdrawl symptoms-reading UG'10,watching Samantha Brown @WDW

OH MY GOSH!!

I hope your husband hurries!! I cant wait- finally someone back to fill us in!

Did you stay in a king? Or doubles? How was the water taxi to DTD? What was the bus system like? Did you share it with POR? How many stops before you left for the parks? Did you do all 4 parks?

Oh! Oh! I cant wait for photos!

An *almost* Non-Disney Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2428605

Find me on Facebook:

Sugar 'N Spice Sewing

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]DisBoutique Photobucket ID LabbieMom
Old 03-28-2004, 05:08 PM   #59
polkadotminnie
I still like the idea of a glass slipper
I'd love a Mickey bar right now!
It would be great fun to grant pixie dust to an unsuspecting family

We did ride the boat to DTD. It was a pleasant ride. We were pretty tired because we had eaten at O'hana and watched the fireworks so we didn't catch the boat until 10:00pm. Make sure you are back a few minutes before the last trip, because there was a line. We did not use the bus system there. We just drove to the parks. (Taking a stroller on the Disney buses makes me nuts.) We did MK, BB, Busch Gardens, USO, and IOA. We stayed in a double room. We went swimming and the kids went down the slide. The pool area hasn't changed from what I could see from previous years. The courtyard outside the room was beautiful. We only stayed there for 2 nights after 3 nights at CSR and 2 nights at Royal Pacific.
Old 03-28-2004, 07:19 PM   #60
pluto's fan
I have an excuse for watching Maury -- I'm on maternity leave

Quote:
Originally posted by polkadotminnie
We did ride the boat to DTD. It was a pleasant ride. We were pretty tired because we had eaten at O'hana and watched the fireworks so we didn't catch the boat until 10:00pm. Make sure you are back a few minutes before the last trip, because there was a line. We did not use the bus system there. We just drove to the parks. (Taking a stroller on the Disney buses makes me nuts.) We did MK, BB, Busch Gardens, USO, and IOA. We stayed in a double room. We went swimming and the kids went down the slide. The pool area hasn't changed from what I could see from previous years. The courtyard outside the room was beautiful. We only stayed there for 2 nights after 3 nights at CSR and 2 nights at Royal Pacific.
Hi polkadotminnie,
Sorry to go off topic but how long did it take you to get from disney to busch gardens??? My husband loves the animals.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: