Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 09:04 AM   #31
swampkatz
Would rather be a "Welcomed Guest" than an "Unwelcomed" one!
As a youngster, aspired to be Hayley Mills or Tommy Kirk's SO, but since I can't do that, I will just be a Pollyanna
WL Vet

Red face

Oh good grief, I'm excited but I'm not THAT excited. Please excuse the forum faux pas, I tried to delete the extra messages but I couldn't. Don't know what I did wrong but I'll try not to let it happen again. Yup, that's my story and I'm stickin to it.
Kathi

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'December 3, 2005 7:30:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=fuchsia> 7 Days on the Disney Magic </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Cruisin with Mickey!!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
Old 03-21-2004, 09:53 AM   #32
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

currently planning

I am currently trying to decide between the moderates for a trip at the end of May. I have stayed at POFQ before (although it was 10 years ago,) but the new room renovations look beautiful! For those of you who have just returned frrom staying there after the renovations, I'm wondering if any of the following have changed...
1. Does POFQ still share bus transportation to the parks with POR?
2. Someone had mentioned on here that the boats from POFQ no longer go straight to DTD, they pick up at POR first. Any truth to this?

Taking boyfriend (hoping to be fiance' when we return ) for his frist trip and I want everything to be as PERFECT as possible for what we can afford :D
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2004, 02:33 PM   #33
katypop
DIS Veteran

ibouncetoo- i'll be checking into POFQ 4 weeks from today too i can hardly wait for those who are checking in today to get home and give us their reports LOL.
katypop
Old 03-21-2004, 04:03 PM   #34
Alice42
Alice in Wonderland lover
Some say I resemble red fraggle!
The Tag Fairy sincerely hopes that Alice gets her "Fairytale Wedding"!

A few questions

My DH and I decided to split our stay between POFQ and YC this coming May, and I have a few questions about POFQ-
1) We booked a king bed, are all king bed rooms water view rooms?
2) Does POFQ and POR share busses?

Thanks-can't wait!
Old 03-21-2004, 04:34 PM   #35
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Before the renovation, POFQ and POR shared buses. It'll probably be the same after the renovation.

The DTD boat will most likely be again stopping at both POR and POFQ. This is what they did before.
Old 03-21-2004, 05:02 PM   #36
Crazy4mandms
Addicted to WDW and proud of it!

Honestly, when i called to switch from POP to a moderate because of the great Visa Rate, I wasn't very happy about POFQ being the only mod available.....all of us are not the laid back type..but after reading all the posts on FQ and it just having gone through rehab we are REALLY REALLY excited about staying there in a few weeks!! I know my step-mom and sis will love it..just hope the kids (16, 15, 12, 8) will enjoy it!! Heck their going to WDW..what's not to enjoy!!!
Around the World Life Tour In Progress!!! '03 ASSp ~~~ '04 POFQ ~~~ '06 CS ~~~ '07 SS ~~~07 ASMo ~~ Y.E.S trip w/19 middle school students ASMu ~~~ 07 Pop ~~~ '08 OKW ~~~09 BCV/AK Romantic Getaway with 1st-Timer Incredible DH! HE PROPOSED IN CINDERELLA'S CASTLE!!!! ~~~ '10 Special mom/son trip AKV/POR w/ DS and family trip to US/IOA HRH ~~~ '11 CBR ~~~'11 1 yr anniv trip w/ DH BLT ~~~'12 AoA Nemo + 1 night 2nd anniv at Poly~~~12' Girls Only Trip offsite~~~'14 - AP HOLDER - CAN'T STOP THE MADNESS!!
Old 03-21-2004, 07:18 PM   #37
iluvwdw_2002
Smile and ALWAYS have fun!!!

My DH and I will be going to POFQ in May, and I have been thinking about all the people who will be sleeping in the NEW POFQ tonight!!! I can't wait until they post their messages and pictures!!

I can't wait until my trip!

Old 03-21-2004, 10:54 PM   #38
hercamore
beagle boy mom
All she can say is SAVE SAVE SAVE for kids' education!
I am addicted to TYCB frozen yogurt swirl pops!

Thanks for this thread. Good job.

I am thinking this resort is just right for my dd and her gf (college age)

hervc.
4/01 CBR/HRH
08/01 AKL/offsite
01/03 OKW/offsite
12/04 Cypress Pointe
8/06 Pop Century
11/07 SOG/Pop Century

Samuel Hercamore Beagle.
RIP. 10/15/94-01/12/11
Old 03-22-2004, 07:41 AM   #39
Red Wings Fan
A license?....for a fish?? You are a looney! It's people like you what cause unrest.

Although we have been to DW a number of times, this will be our first stay on property.

I was a little hesitant to stay at POFQ, but thanks to all the posts I can't wait to get there and see the new renovations!

Hopefully the pics will be posted and questions will all be answered real soon.

"I love those moments, I like to wave at them as they go by"

May 2004.....POFQ
Sept 2004....POFQ
May 2005.....Grand Floridian!
Sept/Oct 2006....Wilderness Lodge
Aug 17 - 26 2007.....YC and Offsite (...at least it's free )
June 2009....YC (Bella's surprise b-day gift)
Old 03-22-2004, 09:49 AM   #40
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

We go in 2 weeks!

Looking at the photos, it appears that there is a hairdryer by the sinks. Didn't used to be. Yea! I also like the privacy curtain. That's a nice touch.

Old 03-22-2004, 11:02 AM   #41
lucky978
Mouseketeer
Looks like there is hope for you now!
Signed, The Tag Fairy!

Procedure for room requests?

We are checking in on April 20th! Can't wait. So what is the procedure for making building requests. We booked a standard view (although thinking about changing it to a water view). I'm thinking Building 1 or 7. How do I make the request?

April, 2009 - POFQ
February, 2008 - POR
September, 2006 - 10th Anniv trip to WL
June, 2005 - POR
December, 2004 - Offsite house
April, 2004 - POFQ
October, 2003 and Sept. 1997 - Offsite houses
October, 1984 - Offsite @ Royal Plaza
Old 03-22-2004, 11:40 AM   #42
Crazy4mandms
Addicted to WDW and proud of it!

I got the following info off allearsnet.com

No requests should be sent until 4 days prior to actual check-in

Be sure you include the pertinent information in the fax. Your name, home address and telephone, your reservation number(s), the dates of your arrival and departure, and the requests you wish to make. It would be in your best interests to list your requests in the order of importance to you. And remember that the more requests you are making the greater the chances you will not receive all of them.

You should always give a reason why you are requesting something. This is to help the room assigner figure out what your intent is if he can't fulfill your specific request. Did you request a second floor room because of the view or is the first floor too noisy for you? Is the building you wanted because it is close to the bus/food/pool/etc or because it is a nonsmoking building? If the room assigner knows the reason, he can put you in another room that will better meet your needs if what you wanted isn't available. The more narrow and specific your request is such as with a specific room number, the harder it will be to fulfill.

Remember that it is always best to use the friendliest tone possible in your fax. "May we", "could we possibly", or "if it's possible"

the fax number to POFQ is Fax - 407-934-5353

NOW, just a note that the website did also say that a phone call to CRO is just as good a way to make a request....last year I faxed and got exactly what I wanted at the ASsports...this year I gave them my requests when I paid in full..the guy was real nice..told him I wanted somethign close to the pool..he said he would put me down for waterview room and its a possibility that I might get it w/o paying the extra a night. But I will also fax my request in 4 days prior. Hope this helps
Around the World Life Tour In Progress!!! '03 ASSp ~~~ '04 POFQ ~~~ '06 CS ~~~ '07 SS ~~~07 ASMo ~~ Y.E.S trip w/19 middle school students ASMu ~~~ 07 Pop ~~~ '08 OKW ~~~09 BCV/AK Romantic Getaway with 1st-Timer Incredible DH! HE PROPOSED IN CINDERELLA'S CASTLE!!!! ~~~ '10 Special mom/son trip AKV/POR w/ DS and family trip to US/IOA HRH ~~~ '11 CBR ~~~'11 1 yr anniv trip w/ DH BLT ~~~'12 AoA Nemo + 1 night 2nd anniv at Poly~~~12' Girls Only Trip offsite~~~'14 - AP HOLDER - CAN'T STOP THE MADNESS!!
Old 03-22-2004, 12:18 PM   #43
Red Wings Fan
A license?....for a fish?? You are a looney! It's people like you what cause unrest.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that FAX's would be ignored. This was a fairly recent development (end of 2003??). Anyone else hear the same?

"I love those moments, I like to wave at them as they go by"

May 2004.....POFQ
Sept 2004....POFQ
May 2005.....Grand Floridian!
Sept/Oct 2006....Wilderness Lodge
Aug 17 - 26 2007.....YC and Offsite (...at least it's free )
June 2009....YC (Bella's surprise b-day gift)
Old 03-22-2004, 01:27 PM   #44
born2ski
Earning My Ears

Going this October with my DH. We stayed at the FQ the first time we went to Disney, it's been our favorite resort ever since. Can't wait to here everyone's reports on the renovations!!
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'October 23, 2004 6:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=purple>Until our Food and Wine Festival Vacation at POFQ! </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'No place like home!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
Old 03-22-2004, 02:00 PM   #45
bcrowding
Next Trip - December 1-5, 2005

We are going to POFQ in May - Can't wait to see the changes, we have stayed at POFQ twice since 1999. It's our favorite resort ! Hope to see some trip reports soon about the refurb's of POFQ.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: