Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 09:19 AM   #16
Dalpal
Has a brand new granddaughter!
Does not get clever until I have had my coffee.....Thats ok neither does the Tag Fairy
Will try to be good...

We will be there in June.
You did a great job on this faq thread.
Thank you.

OUR PAST TRIPS
Apr 96 DL/May 00 POR/May 01 CSR/Jul 03 YC/Jun 04 FQ/Jul 05 POLY/May06 Poly/Jan 07 PC/DCL Wonder/Sep 07 WL/ JUN 08 PC/ MAR 10 FQ/AUG 11 POLY/ APR 12 PC/Aug 12 PC/DCL Dream
Old 03-20-2004, 09:38 AM   #17
hyzdufan
Proud Pitt Alumni
Never snort the Pixie Dust...

Is ALL of building 4 a smoking building? I know it's closer to the bus stop, but I'm not going to request it if it's got the smoky odor in its rooms.

1986 - Americana Dutch | 1987 - Viscount | 1988 - Howard Johnson | 1990 - Buena Vista | 1991 - Howard Johnson | 1993 - Guest Quarters Suites
1994 - Doubletree | 1995 - Doubletree | 1996 - Doubletree | 1997 - Doubletree | 2002 - Offsite | 2003 - Dixie Landings | 2004 - POFQ | 2005 - POR | 2007 - POR | 2009 - Fort Wilderness
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2004, 10:57 AM   #18
IloveDMB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by hyzdufan
Is ALL of building 4 a smoking building? I know it's closer to the bus stop, but I'm not going to request it if it's got the smoky odor in its rooms.
Yes, all of building 4 is smoking. But as the building was recently renovated, the rooms may not have that smoky odor. If you don't want to chance it, how about building 7? Not too far from the bus stop. Actually, nothing really is because the resort is so small.

Hope this helps!
Old 03-20-2004, 11:08 AM   #19
grover
DIS VETERAN
SUPERSCRAPBOOKER
DISNEY ON THE BRAIN
BRIDEZILLA I'M NOT

I am going to be married at the Swan this Oct. I have decided on staying at POFQ for the first part of our stay. I will have a number of family members and a couple of friends coming as well but we will be booking less than 10 rooms so no group booking for us. If I mention when I book my room and have everyone else mention when they book there's that we are all travelling together will they put us in the same building?? I would hate for us to be scrattered all over the resort even though it is not very big. Will need to know each others reservation numbers when requesting this? Of course our luck is that we also have a few smokers in our group so they most likely will be in a different building right??
Grover in Winnipeg
POP CENTURY OCT 2004,
POFQ Nov 2006, POP Century 2006,
POFQ May 2009
, POR May 2009, POR Oct 2011, POR Oct 2013, CB Oct 2014
AKL & CS Dec 2014

Old 03-20-2004, 11:17 AM   #20
edcrbnsoul
Don't let a bag of Poo become your Big Fork and Spoon

I'll give you the standard Res. agent answer:
"Room requests are taken into consideration but can not be guarenteed" Its very difficult to with people checking in and out on different days to try to keep a block of rooms open but they usually do a pretty good job.
Old 03-20-2004, 12:03 PM   #21
Eyore4Ever149
Having withdrawl symptoms-reading UG'10,watching Samantha Brown @WDW

Thumbs up Thanks!

Thank you for the wonderful photos! Now, if someone who stayed there this weekend would post and tell us all about the new renovations! I would LOVE to hear about that!

Im so excited, we are going May 5-11th (just convinced DH to add a day-Yeah!)

I have requested a King, River View, Building 2. Can I be more specific? LOL!

I too have heard this is a smaller resort and I am looking forward to that- CBR was just too big for me.

April is gonna seem like the longest month ever!!!

Any more photos?
How about inside a room?

An *almost* Non-Disney Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2428605

Find me on Facebook:

Sugar 'N Spice Sewing

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]DisBoutique Photobucket ID LabbieMom
Old 03-20-2004, 12:20 PM   #22
IloveDMB
DIS Veteran

Re: Thanks!

Quote:
Originally posted by Eyore4Ever149
Any more photos?
How about inside a room?
For photos for inside the room, click here .

The rooms like nice!
Old 03-20-2004, 02:52 PM   #23
SuBeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by IloveDMB
Yes, all of building 4 is smoking. But as the building was recently renovated, the rooms may not have that smoky odor. If you don't want to chance it, how about building 7? Not too far from the bus stop. Actually, nothing really is because the resort is so small.

Hope this helps!
I'm a little confused. The 2004 Passporter shows that only building 2 and the third floor of building 6 are smoking. Is it possible there was a change in this along with the renovations?
Old 03-20-2004, 03:15 PM   #24
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

I'd like pics of the rehabbed king rooms if any of you can get them when you go!
Old 03-20-2004, 05:39 PM   #25
IloveDMB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by SuBeat
I'm a little confused. The 2004 Passporter shows that only building 2 and the third floor of building 6 are smoking. Is it possible there was a change in this along with the renovations?
The Passporter may be right. I'm trying to gather information, so some of mine might be outdated. I'm going to try toverify which buildings are smoking.
Old 03-21-2004, 05:54 AM   #26
pluto's fan
I have an excuse for watching Maury -- I'm on maternity leave

Bravo, looks great

IloveDMB

You did a wonderful job! I love the photos and i can just see myself walking around the resort and sliding ino the pool right now :D

Now I'm really excited about going back to POFQ

Old 03-21-2004, 09:13 AM   #27
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

I'll be checking in four weeks from today!

I'm really excited about staying at this resort. Our plans are for this WDW visit to be a bit more on the relaxing side, and I think this location will be just the ticket. I love traveling by boat whenever possible (just to slow things down and relax) so I'm glad to have the opportunity to float to Downtown Disney!

My question is, where in DTD is the boat dock?
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 03-21-2004, 09:56 AM   #28
swampkatz
Would rather be a "Welcomed Guest" than an "Unwelcomed" one!
As a youngster, aspired to be Hayley Mills or Tommy Kirk's SO, but since I can't do that, I will just be a Pollyanna
WL Vet

Smile

Morning Everyone,
Just checking in as I ponder whether or not checking in has begun at POFQ? Wish I was there right now and I can't wait until it's my turn!
Kathi

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'December 3, 2005 7:30:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=fuchsia> 7 Days on the Disney Magic </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Cruisin with Mickey!!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
Old 03-21-2004, 09:56 AM   #29
swampkatz
As a youngster, aspired to be Hayley Mills or Tommy Kirk's SO, but since I can't do that, I will just be a Pollyanna
WL Vet

Smile

Morning Everyone,
Just checking in as I ponder whether or not checking in has begun at POFQ? Wish I was there right now and I can't wait until it's my turn!
Kathi

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'December 3, 2005 7:30:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=fuchsia> 7 Days on the Disney Magic </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Cruisin with Mickey!!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
Old 03-21-2004, 09:56 AM   #30
swampkatz
WL Vet

Smile

Morning Everyone,
Kathi

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: