Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2004, 09:24 AM   #16
shmoogrrrl
Tigger Goddess
Has discovered the mysterious and elusive tag fairie
Has a fondness for 7624

I changed the title of the thread to fit with the thread naming that someone suggested. I hope nobody minds!
Old 04-20-2004, 01:01 PM   #17
crazyformickey
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Yeh, my best friend can't make up her mind - it's not like she doesn't have enough money.

But, I too have to plan ahead and pay as I go. My son & I have garage sales, save change, and ebay to help support our vacations. We've been to Disney World 3 times & DisneyLand once. So, I guess it is time for a cruise. A big reason we are going next year is because my son wants to go while he can still enjoy the kid activities.

Later.
crazyformickey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2004, 01:19 PM   #18
shmoogrrrl
Tigger Goddess
Has a fondness for 7624

Sounds like you and your Son have a good plan for paying for the cruise! I'm sure that he will love the kids program too!

My daughter will be 3 when we sail so I am hoping that we can get her potty trained soon enough that we don't have to worry about accidents at the club. I think we should be okay though because she is already interested in Potty training (sometimes) and she isn't two yet. Hopefully that is a good sign.

Katie doesn't remember the first DCL trip we took her on, as she was only 10 months old, but she can recognize the ship from pictures and some little souvenirs that we got her. She should be an old pro by the time we get there next year!
Old 04-30-2004, 06:11 PM   #19
donaldsgal
First row for Tower of Terror, Rock-n-Roller Coaster, and Space Mountain please!

Talking another october cruiser

Hey there fellow octoberians! (not sure that's a word, but I was an english major in college and shakespear made up words, so I think i should be able to too.... ):D

Anyway, my sister and I are taking our first 7-day cruise on october 1st on the magic. We're soooooo excited - not been on a 7 day cruise yet, nor have we cruised on the Magic. I am getting cruise-itis because I read something about the Disney cruise line everyday! I love WDW as much as the cruise, but I guess it's knowing how much we enjoyed our 4 day and how much more awesome a 7 day will be that's got me pumped!

Anyways, I just called Disney and found out the room we want is available. I immediately called our TA and left him a voicemail (as well as emailed him) to ask him to please please PLEASE switch us to that room number. I hope he gets the message soon!

Anyways, I didn't mean to crash your thread since I know you are mostly cruising later in October, but I just had to share my excitement with someone!
Old 05-03-2004, 07:12 AM   #20
BABYJOSIE98
DIS Veteran

Talking WELCOME WELCOME

Don't be silly!!! We are taking any October 2005 cruisers!!

We need support.....Look how far our counters are from our sailing date...... It seems so long,but will be here before we know it!!!

You will have to report back to us 10-15 cruisers and let us know how your cruise goes....

CBR Nov 2001/Wonder Nov 02/S/D April 03/Wonder-ASM Oct 03/Seaworld-2004&05/Magic Oct 2005/BWV May 2006/OKW-Dec 06/POR-Sept 07/F&W S/D Oct 07/AKL-Oct 08/DL CA Oct 09-AKV-OCT 201O-POLY DEC-2010-Disney Dream/AKV May 2011DISNEY DREAM-AKV OCT 2012/AKV MAY 2013
AKV-OCT 2013/PFQ NOV 2013
BABYJOSIE98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 11:52 AM   #21
BABYJOSIE98
DIS Veteran

hey fellow October cruisers.....

Hey we have not posted anymore since we heard about the MAGIC being in dry dock the first two weeks of October 2005????? I know this will affect some of you that posted about the October 1 and October 8 cruise???

Have any of you switched to the week of October 15,2005? That is a bummer that you will have to reschedule....

One nice thing about the 10-15-05 sailing is a sparkling clean ship. We will have the first sailing after drydock....

That will be nice. Just think in a couple months we will only be one year away......:thewave:

Just wanted to bump this up and see what everyone has decided and if we have anyone else that want's to join our thread.

My best friend did end up booking for 10-15-05 and she is getting back with her hubby and so they have two adjoining Cat 8 rooms on deck 6...Woo hoo..... They have a 12 DS,7DS and almost 3 DD when they sail....Baby will turn 3 on the trip.
So I am happy for her....

Join in.....

CBR Nov 2001/Wonder Nov 02/S/D April 03/Wonder-ASM Oct 03/Seaworld-2004&05/Magic Oct 2005/BWV May 2006/OKW-Dec 06/POR-Sept 07/F&W S/D Oct 07/AKL-Oct 08/DL CA Oct 09-AKV-OCT 201O-POLY DEC-2010-Disney Dream/AKV May 2011DISNEY DREAM-AKV OCT 2012/AKV MAY 2013
Old 07-08-2004, 06:45 PM   #22
momm2four
We all have those little "skeletons" in our closets, don't we?

Quote:
Just think in a couple months we will only be one year away......
That's what I keep telling myself. We have planned a trip to the beach (Gulf Shores, AL) in October '04, so I'm looking forward to that, and when we get home, there will be LESS THAN A YEAR LEFT!

What are some things that you guys are looking forward to doing?
I've never cruised before, so I look forward to ordering any food I want and not having to pay for it.

I also look forward to the boys going to the kids' clubs, so that I can sit and read or nap!!! (Don't flame me, I also look forward to spending time as a family )

I miss my countdown clock!

Lori P.

WDW Oct. '02 HIFS DCL Wonder Oct '05 WDW Oct. 05 PORDCL Magic Oct '08WDW Oct. 08 Nick HotelUniversal Bonnet Creek Resort '10WDW/Universal Bonnet Creek Resort '12DCL Fantasy June '12
momm2four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 09:22 PM   #23
shmoogrrrl
Tigger Goddess
Has a fondness for 7624

Re: hey fellow October cruisers.....

Quote:
Originally posted by BABYJOSIE98

One nice thing about the 10-15-05 sailing is a sparkling clean ship. We will have the first sailing after drydock....

I bet we have a full ship too! With it being in the West Coast for a couple months, then in dry dock, we are cutting back on the amount of available cruises, so I bet that makes the remaining ones more crowded. Luckily though, I've been on a full ship before and it was no problem at all! My big worry would be getting early seating, butthat is already secured! Whee!

I'm glad your friend is getting back with her husband and that they are going! Our party is growing with another couple as well. That will make us a group of 8 adults and 6 - 8 kids. Yikes! Can you imagine our poor waitstaff?? We promist to tip extra well though!

Hopefully it will be here before we know it!
Old 07-09-2004, 07:19 AM   #24
BABYJOSIE98
DIS Veteran

I know what ya mean!! time to yourself?

Whats that? HA! Us Mom's work hard and we deserve to spend some time lounging. My DD loved the clubs and so I went to the Spa and we did Palo one night. As long as she was having fun I did not feel bad taking her there. Believe me! She beeped me if she was ready to go

I never took her for more than a couple hours,but on Nassau day I heard parents dropping kids off at 9-10 am and saying they were leaving the ship and would not be back till 5:00 pm

Can you imagine? So don't feel bad Lori for wanting time to yourself.....

I am worried about the cruise filling up too. I may go ahead and add my Mom this winter just so I am sure she would get early seating with us. I don't like to eat late.

She is scared of water,but I told her she would have so much fun. You don't even know you are out there....

So what am I looking forward too????
PALO!!!!! Chocolate souffle.......YUM!!!! I love PALO!!! You have to eat there..
Maybe us girls from the thread could do a brunch at Palo during one of the sea days....We have 3 of them. That could be fun?

I love "DISNEY DREAMS AND GOLDEN MICKEY"S" You just have tears in your eyes when they are over.

I also look forward to getting up in the morning and going up to deck 9 for breakfast and sitting out on the deck looking at the beautiful water.....Wish I was there now....

CASTAWAY CAY!! Love it! You have to get to the adult beach for an hour atleast....Serenity Bay....Last cruise there was a whale bone dig for the kids at 1:00 and so my best friend and I checked the kids in and went to adult beach. So beautiful and peaceful. Got us a Konk cooler and they had Jimmy buffet playing at the beach...So fun. We snorkled and saw a huge Starfish and I had two stingray swimming around me... We stayed for and hour and half and then went back and got the kiddos...I am so glad that we did that....

See I have lots that I look forward too...The food is so good and fun to order whatever you want!

I swear a day does not go by that I don't think about our past trips... I am excited to be on for 7 days this time.....

Talk to you guys later.....

Old 07-09-2004, 08:34 AM   #25
shmoogrrrl
Tigger Goddess
Has a fondness for 7624

Quote:
Originally posted by momm2four
T
What are some things that you guys are looking forward to doing?
I've never cruised before, so I look forward to ordering any food I want and not having to pay for it.

My favorite thing to do, honestly, is sit out on our balcony and watch the water go by. It is very calming and almost hypnotizing to me.

I am also looking forward to seeing my Daughter's reaction to the cruise. She's already been on one last year, but she was only 10 months old and this time she will be three and much more aware!
Old 07-23-2004, 03:29 PM   #26
crazyformickey
Earning My Ears

Boy, I haven't posted for some time.

BABYJOSIE98 - Glad to hear about your friend.

My friend came back for a visit over the fourth and of course one of the first things we did was watch the Cruise Planning Video and look through the books I have. I think she'll end up going.

I've never been on a cruise before so I guess the main thing I'm looking forward to is....

Seeing the ship for the first time and watching my son's expression when he sees it.

I love the idea about Brunch at Palo during one of the sea days. Good thinking.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:48 PM   #27
BABYJOSIE98
DIS Veteran

Hello!!

Just think! Next year at this time we will be thinking about the final plans for our trip! I will be glad when we are one year out.....Then the Holidays will fly by and we will be into 2005 before we know it!

I am up for the brunch! I guess as we get closer we will see how many others may want to do that.

Wish I was going somewhere right now as cheap as airfare is to Florida!!

I am thinking about going ahead and adding my Mom to my reservation so she can get early dining too. With drydock two weeks before I am afraid the ship will book faster and the prices may go up. We can always cancel if needed!

Keep in touch guys!

Old 08-03-2004, 11:50 AM   #28
BABYJOSIE98
DIS Veteran

Talking Two more added to the cruise

My friend Cindi and her daughter just booked today for October 15,2005.....Her DD is going to be 7 when we sail also... She got a great rate through allearstravel for a Cat 11. She may end up adding her Boyfriend.....

We are getting quite a group!

Old 08-03-2004, 06:32 PM   #29
crazyformickey
Earning My Ears

Your right - we are becoming quite a group...

And just think, our group is going to keep growing the closer we get!

Now don't get me wrong - I think it's great how many of us are going......

But where's all the single men!!!
Old 08-04-2004, 07:08 AM   #30
BABYJOSIE98
DIS Veteran

Angry hey your right!!

Although I don't think that a Disney cruise is the ideal place to meet a single man.... LOL
That would be nice though. What a man he would be to be on a Disney cruise alone or with his children....

Well us single girls have time. Maybe by next October we will have a man to take along with us!! Think positive!

My friend Cindi e-mailed me this morning and she told her Boyfriend of 2 years that she booked and he said "I am going"! So it looks like she will be adding him. I told her that he was going to want to go! She said maybe this will end up being their honeymoon!!!!! YEAH!

Have a good day!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: