Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2004, 10:00 PM   #1
shmoogrrrl
Tigger Goddess
Has discovered the mysterious and elusive tag fairie
Has a fondness for 7624

October 15, 2005 anyone?

We are booked for October 15, 2005 and wonder if anyone else was as insane as us to book for far out?

Anyone with us?

Last edited by shmoogrrrl; 04-20-2004 at 10:24 AM.
shmoogrrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 10:27 PM   #2
shmoogrrrl
Tigger Goddess
Has a fondness for 7624

*Echo whistle* Anyone? Beuler? Beuler?

Register to remove

Old 03-22-2004, 01:29 PM   #3
BABYJOSIE98
DIS Veteran

Talking someone else is this crazy!!

Hey! I am the one that posted about the Secret porthole room last week. You said your friend is in 5020. We just booked 5520 on the Eastern Carribean for October 15,2005...

I am so excited and my friends and family think I am nuts!!

I love having something to plan!! Time goes by so quickly anyway. So far it is myself and 5 year old which will be 7 year old DD when we go. I do plan on adding a third person later. I also have other relatives and friends that may book. No one wants to commit this early. I think I have it worked out where my DD will only miss 3 days of school that week. It has been a pattern for the last 3 years to have off Thurday and Friday of that 3rd week in October. They better not change it!

We were in 5020 on the Wonder and that is a great room. So this time we will be on the other side of the ship.

I am going on a girl trip on Royal Carribean in Jan it goes to Key West and Cozumel. So I am happy that the dates fell perfect for the Eastern Caribbean.

Maybe eventually we will have more people hit our thread...It is really early!

Happy planning.....

CBR Nov 2001/Wonder Nov 02/S/D April 03/Wonder-ASM Oct 03/Seaworld-2004&05/Magic Oct 2005/BWV May 2006/OKW-Dec 06/POR-Sept 07/F&W S/D Oct 07/AKL-Oct 08/DL CA Oct 09-AKV-OCT 201O-POLY DEC-2010-Disney Dream/AKV May 2011DISNEY DREAM-AKV OCT 2012/AKV MAY 2013
AKV-OCT 2013/PFQ NOV 2013/BW-DTD JUNE 2014/CSR NOV 2014
BABYJOSIE98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 02:30 PM   #4
shmoogrrrl
Tigger Goddess
Has a fondness for 7624

YAY! Someone else as insane as we are!

Man, it is so far out but we already can't wait.

It will be me, my Husband, our little girl (who will be 3 when we sail) and we are hoping a smaller new addition to the family by then! We'll have to see how that works out though!

We are in a Catagory 6 this time, when on our other crusies we were in a Catagory 7. Since we are hoping to expand the family, we went ahead and got a cabin that slept 4. We also have a connecting room with my best friend, her husband, their Daughter who will also be 3 and their wee baby who is due in June and will be about 16 months. Then there is our other friends who are in the Secret Porthole room. They have a son that will be 3 then and are also hoping to be expanding their family before then. LOTS of little kids for us!

That is exciting that you are doing a Royal Carribean trip in January! You will defenitly have to let us know how you like it. I would love to sail on a different line sometime, but I'm not to excited about the in room babysitting so we'll wait until our kids are all old enough for the kids program!

My neice was around 7 when we sailed on Disney with her and my parents, and she had a blast in the Kids club and with the different activities available throughout the ship!
Old 03-22-2004, 03:12 PM   #5
BABYJOSIE98
DIS Veteran

Sounds like lot's of babies on board!:D FUN! Mine will be a bit older and little more independent by then. Hoping for a little time at the Spa and Palo.

Last trip on the Wonder we had 11 of us and our kids. We had a blast.... My best friend and her son may go and my Aunt and her son. So we will see... All I know is I am booked and happy about it!

Have done Disney twice and so this Royal Caribbean is my first none Disney cruise. I am excited about it since we are taking no kids on this trip. I would only cruise Disney with DD. We just have so much fun! I will let you know what I think. My TA loves the ship we are booked on "Enchantement of the Sea's".

I will try and keep in touch over the next year and a half!!

Take care!

CBR Nov 2001/Wonder Nov 02/S/D April 03/Wonder-ASM Oct 03/Seaworld-2004&05/Magic Oct 2005/BWV May 2006/OKW-Dec 06/POR-Sept 07/F&W S/D Oct 07/AKL-Oct 08/DL CA Oct 09-AKV-OCT 201O-POLY DEC-2010-Disney Dream/AKV May 2011DISNEY DREAM-AKV OCT 2012/AKV MAY 2013
Old 04-01-2004, 05:21 PM   #6
shmoogrrrl
Tigger Goddess
Has a fondness for 7624

Anyone else? It is only a year and a half away! I need to pack!

Okay, maybe not.
Old 04-02-2004, 08:53 AM   #7
BABYJOSIE98
DIS Veteran

Talking JUST ME AGAIN......

Atleast you are not alone????? You have another obsessive planner counting down with you..... I love all the planning anyway. I don't want to wish my next year away,but time does seem to fly.

I think my best friend may be going to book and she has a two year old and 7 year old. Atleast that will be their ages when we sail.
One thing nice is the baby will be turning three on the Sunday we get back and so she will only have to pay infant price of $139,but she can still use the kids club if potty trained!

I have already been checking out the ports and things to do.

I hear people complaining about customs in St.Thomas?? If it only the one day that won't be so bad.

Maybe if we keep bumping this thread someone else will find us.

Old 04-02-2004, 09:09 AM   #8
shmoogrrrl
Tigger Goddess
Has a fondness for 7624

Hehehe! Yeah, I figure someone else is crazy enough to book this far in advance, so eventually we will get other people! That is why I keep bumping it up.

That is awesome about your friend's soon-to-be two year old. I would love to plan my cruise like that, but my little bean was born on June 1 and we don't want to sail during the summer. That *IS* the best way to plan, assuming they are potty trained! I'm hoping that Katie will be as she will be 3 years and 4 months old. I know kids potty train at different raites, and since she is my first, I have no idea when kiddies are usually potty-trained. She sits on the potty now (but doesn't really know what to do when she is there. She likes to sit there though.

As I recall, we had to get up early at St. Thomas and get in line to show our US Documentation. It didn't take forever, and I recall thinking that it wasn't such a big deal and I didn't know why people complained about it. Of course, when we did the Eastern last, we didn't have any kids to also get up, so that may be why.

Right now, we are planning to spend the week before the cruise at Disney World, so I am looking into that. Fun fun!

We'll get more people eventually!

Old 04-05-2004, 04:24 PM   #9
momm2four
We all have those little "skeletons" in our closets, don't we?

Hi Guys! I hope you don't mind me posting since I'm not actually going to be on your cruise, but I am among the "crazy" people who book this far in advance, lol. I will be on the Oct. 9, 2005 Wonder. I booked this about two months ago and also booked two of the SPH rooms (also booked a third for my mom and her DH).

People always laugh when I tell them how far my cruise is away, but I'm figuring that as fast as time passes, October 9 will be here before we know it. (And I still have to get my birth cert. as well as ones for my two youngest boys).

Sorry, if I intruded, but I feel a little lonely having such a high countdown clock. It was nice to see someone else in the 500's , and at least this post will give your date a bump, lol.

Lori P.

WDW Oct. '02 HIFS DCL Wonder Oct '05 WDW Oct. 05 PORDCL Magic Oct '08WDW Oct. 08 Nick HotelUniversal Bonnet Creek Resort '10WDW/Universal Bonnet Creek Resort '12DCL Fantasy June '12

Last edited by momm2four; 04-05-2004 at 07:49 PM.
momm2four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 05:26 PM   #10
shmoogrrrl
Tigger Goddess
Has a fondness for 7624

Hi Lori!

No problem! Maybe this far out we should just have a thread for all October 2005 cruises!

It does seem a long time, but hopefully it will be here before we know it. Until then I am hoping to stay busy and keep day dreaming while reading the boards. Hopefully planning a small trip to Disney World too before hand to break up the wait a little bit.

My best friend reminded me eariler today that a year ago today we disembarked from our last 7-day Disney Cruise. How sad is that?

I have always wanted to go on the Wonder! I've been on the Magic for all 4 of our cruises (even the three-day that we went on) so I haven't gotten to see the Wonder. I'd love to go my my husband thinks that the 3 and 4 are too short so I have a hard time convencing him. Maybe I coulld sneakily save money and attach a three or four day on the end of a Disney trip if we do one!

Welcome aboard!
Old 04-05-2004, 07:58 PM   #11
momm2four
We all have those little "skeletons" in our closets, don't we?

I know what you mean about sneaking in a trip. Today, I got a postcard to get a moderate for $94. I was scheming and planning, just trying to find a way to try the Coronado. However, all the money we are saving will have to go for our next year's trip, especially since I'm wanting to go to WDW as well as on the DCL (and maybe sneak over to Universal for a day)

The card is for April 19-July 4, 2004, so of course, I can't use it. I don't know if they are transferrable or not, but if they are, you are welcome to it!

Here's to OCTOBER 05!!!

Lori P.

WDW Oct. '02 HIFS DCL Wonder Oct '05 WDW Oct. 05 PORDCL Magic Oct '08WDW Oct. 08 Nick HotelUniversal Bonnet Creek Resort '10WDW/Universal Bonnet Creek Resort '12DCL Fantasy June '12
momm2four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 08:18 AM   #12
BABYJOSIE98
DIS Veteran

hey lori...

Welcome to our thread!! I have been on the Wonder twice for the 4 day and we loved it!!! This will be my first cruise on the MAGIC!! It is fun planning and I plan on purchasing $50 Disney dollars per month till we go. This way I will have plenty of spending money set aside that I can not spend.

I am glad you decided to post. We can make this the for all the October 2005 cruisers.

I am plannning on purchasing hopper passes for DD and I with my summer bonus at work. I am trying to plan a short 4 night visit to WDW next May. That will give me a fix till October. I think my Cousin and her girls are going to try and go with me.

I do have a RCI cruise in Jan and May 30 I am driving to Fort Walton beach with my Mom,neice,nephew and my best friend and her kids. So I have plenty to keep me busy till next fall.

I am addicted to planning vacations! My friends think I am crazy!
Hey! You only live once!!!

Old 04-17-2004, 01:11 AM   #13
crazyformickey
Earning My Ears

Crazy - who's crazy?!

Thank you for this post. I'm a newby to the boards and I was very happy to find this thread.

I too am sailing October 15th - this will be my first cruise!
I'll be sailing with my ds who will be 11 when we go and my best friend might also go. But like others, she has a hard time planning so far in advance.
Me, on the other hand... Well I guess I know where I fit in.
Oh, we have room 7120 booked.
crazyformickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 08:27 PM   #14
BABYJOSIE98
DIS Veteran

Talking WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!

Woo Hoo!!
I knew we would be finding others going along with us! Planning is half the fun. So it is just you and you son so far??? It is just me and my DD,but I am also trying to talk my best friend into going along.

She has more money than me so she can book anytime.....I like having time to pay on it and save money.

It will be here before we know it...Time does fly! I still may try and squeeze in a trip to WDW next Spring with my Cousin.

So anytime you need a fix just join in and we will keep our thread going.......

Old 04-20-2004, 10:22 AM   #15
shmoogrrrl
Tigger Goddess
Has a fondness for 7624

Welcome crazyformickey!

I am glad that we have more crazy people ready to sail with us in a year and a half.

It seems like a long time, but it will be here before you know it! You all will have a blast, I am sure!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: