Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2004, 10:13 AM   #1
Bea
Mouseketeer

Question Questions -flying TO to Orlando

We are leaving in a few weeks. Flying Air Canada (points!!) from Halifax to Orlando. We transfer planes in TO. Does anyone know if we will get a meal on the flight b/w TO and Orlando?( I heard AC doesn't offer free meals anymore on their flights). And, do we go threw customs in TO? I wanted to bring breakfast and am nervous about taking fruit salad for four and muffins threw customs.

Thanks.
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 11:16 AM   #2
bunnyfoo
It's Monday and my mind was somewhere else
Never hopes to dream though

Lucky you getting a free Air Canada flight I have tons of Aeroplan points but I haven't been able to redeem them yet.

The last two times I took the morning flight from Toronto to Orlando we were given free meals. It consisted of a hot entree (chicken or pasta), a dessert, a salad and bread. I'm not too sure about the evening flight though ... when I took it in 2002, we were only given drinks and snacks (apples, chocolate bars, pretzels). Things might have changed though...

I'm not sure about customs since I haven't transfered in Toronto before but I assume that you would since its your last stop before you head off to Orlando

May 2002 - Wyndham (DTD)/May 2003 - CBR & AKL/ Dec 2003 - AKL/ Oct 2004 - AKL & Polynesian/Oct 2007 - AKL CL & Polynesian/May 2008 - POFQ/Jan 2009 - Poly CL/Oct 2009 - BC & CSR/Jan 2010 - Poly CL/Jan 2011 - Poly CL/Jan 2012 - Pop Century

bunnyfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2004, 02:39 PM   #3
blairjen
Earning My Ears

You will go through US customs in Toronto. Depending upon when you go there might be a terminal change. Air Canada is due to switch domestic operations to Terminal "new" on April 6. U.S. departures will still be from Terminal 2.
blairjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 12:14 PM   #4
mom_rules
LOVES the Yachtsmen!
HATES snakes!!!

Last April flew AC and got breakfast there and back. This time taking the evening flight back so don't know what to expect.
Beach Club concierge/Wonder Mar '05
Boardwalk Inn Concierge Oct 2004
Carribean Beach Resort Oct 2004
Yacht Club Concierge April 2004
All Star Music April 2004
Grand Californian Concierge-Disneyland September 2003
Beach Club May 2003
Beach Club May 2001
Coronado Springs May 1999
Carribean May 1996
Offsite October 1987

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
mom_rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 04:14 PM   #5
alohamom
DIS Veteran

Have you checked out the Air Canada website? They usually have very comprehensive info or call them directly and ask. I know the last few flights I have taken with different airlines they usually say if it prepackages food(like a small tin of fruit salad or a sara lee sealed muffin) then there is no problem. Having saif that, I have seen people take all kinds of food on board from Subway subs to homemade whtever it was! I always take bits n' bites and fruit snack gummies for my kids just in case we get bumped, layed over, stuck on the runway while being de-iced or waiting for other flights (those things have all happened to me through the years but not on the way to Florida!) It never hurts to have something, but fruit can be taken away at U.S. agriculture as you enter the states so be careful with that(Yup, happened to me while driving across at Detroit) Have a great holiday, Aloha...
alohamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 01:31 PM   #6
KerriMc
DIS Veteran

We just flew last month. We had a 7:15 am flight and they served either French Toast or Quiche. We took muffins with us too, but there is a very strict policy about fruits and vegetables entering the US. Not even a banana to mash for the baby would have been allowed! On our flight home, which left at 7:00 pm we were also served a meal which was a choice of chicken and rice/veggies or lasagna. I was quite surprised that both meals were good ... past experiences hadn't been quite as good.

Kerri

-----------------------------------
KerriMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 01:26 PM   #7
mom_rules
LOVES the Yachtsmen!
HATES snakes!!!

KerriMc-sounds like you have the same flight times-Our tickets say "meals" so I am assuming there will be something. I throw in some granola bars just in case-it's only a 2 hr flight anyway.
Beach Club concierge/Wonder Mar '05
Boardwalk Inn Concierge Oct 2004
Carribean Beach Resort Oct 2004
Yacht Club Concierge April 2004
All Star Music April 2004
Grand Californian Concierge-Disneyland September 2003
Beach Club May 2003
Beach Club May 2001
Coronado Springs May 1999
Carribean May 1996
Offsite October 1987

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]